Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

So I'm laying on a Gurney Right Now

Waiting for the DR to come in and do a biopsy on my thyroid. Never had something like this before. I'm good, but reflective. I think I'll be ok. 

• Confused 1

Damn dude.  Hope everything comes back OK.

Good luck HT.  I'm sure it is nothing.

PS - I was going to make a joke about you capitalizing "gurney" and something about a truckstop hooker but didn't out of respect of the situation.

6 minutes ago, Kanil said:

PS - I was going to make a joke about you capitalizing "gurney" and something about a truckstop hooker but didn't out of respect of the situation.

I too was wondering why Gurney was capitalized...

Good luck HT...

First off, it was completely unnecessary to shave your pubes for this procedure.

Second, Is 'Gurney' Brit Slang for 'Dude'?  

Not judging. 

But you might want to Get Right With God before you Die. 

Did water splash up out of a toilet and hit your thyroid?  :o

Seriously, best of luck man.  :cheers:

Doctoring is never fun.  Good luck.

also...Look at me!  😷

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, posty said:

I too was wondering why Gurney was capitalized...

Good luck HT...

Same reason "Right" and "Now" are capitalized - because it's a title.  The real question is why "laying" is not capitalized, and why it's not "lying". 

Best of luck HT.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Does this mean that you have one of those big goiter things?

Hope it is nothing and you are back to being an onlineasshole in no time.  👍

• Like 1

Thanks gents.  Wasn't too bad, now get to wait until next week. Had some thoughts about stuff as a getting older 52 year old. Will share later.  Thanks again. 

Good luck.  Just started thyroid meds after my last Dr. visit.  Have no idea why.  Getting old sucks.

Should be fine, but this def reminds me of Rholio. One day he tells us he’s getting a colonoscopy, few short months later he’d dead. I’ll never forget it. 

The only people I know that ever say they have thyroid issues are fat people.

I'm starting to think thyroid is code for donuts.

2 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Should be fine, but this def reminds me of Rholio. One day he tells us he’s getting a colonoscopy, few short months later he’d dead. I’ll never forget it. 

Unless one day you're telling us that you're becoming forgetful, few short months later you're wandering around in the woods wearing sh!t-stained pants.

Glad indications are good, hope you're recovered fully in short order.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:33 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Thanks gents.  Wasn't too bad, now get to wait until next week. Had some thoughts about stuff as a getting older 52 year old. Will share later.  Thanks again. 

Wouldn't be too surprised if they found an obstruction.

Your heads up your ass most of the time.

😋

GL

On 5/10/2019 at 8:33 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good luck man.  The wait for the results is a total mind fock for sure. Hope your results were better than mine and it isn't cancer. Fingers crossed for AIDS. 

15 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Huh? Don? Cancer?

Throat cancer from eating poosay last year.  All better now... Knock on wood. 

14 minutes ago, DonS said:

Throat cancer from eating poosay last year.  All better now... Knock on wood. 

Oh yeah. 👍

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Oh yeah. 👍

PSA:  get your kids (female and male) vaccinated against HPV.  I envision an America where nobody gets hurt from munching box. 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Throat cancer from eating poosay last year.  All better now... Suck on wood. 

:o

11 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Wouldn't be too surprised if they found an obstruction.

I put a hundo down on it being a lodged Eli bobble head. 😁

• Haha 3

So tests came back, in the clear for now. Kinda pissed at my Dr.s office, they had the results on Wednesday and I had to finally call today to find out. Whatever. Now comes the preachy part, that I hate. But here it is. When I was told I had to get a biopsy, a million things came rushing in my head, as you would imagine. But the first and foremost issue was would my family be ok? I have two small children and my wife doesn't make a lot of money ( she's working on it, going to school) . I have life insurance on my own and a smaller group policy at work and a decently funded 457k from before. Nothing earth shattering. I also had solace when I looked it up and saw that thyroid cancer is covered for the VCF for 9/11. I realized they were going to be ok if I bit it.  My point is, as we all get older we will be going for these kinds of tests for different things. You don't need to be worried about money when you're worried about your life. My sister died of brain cancer at 48 leaving 3 young boys behind. She spent most of her time worried about them. She was a stay at home mom and her husband ended up having mental health issues and lost his well paying job and split.  I know the stress of how her kids would be looked after consumed a great deal of her energy, and no amount of assurance from the rest of us that her kids would be looked after really relieved her. She felt like she screwed up but it was really just horrible timing. She had just gone back to work as a nurse when she was diagnosed and was working per deim because the husband had benefits. Kids are doing fine, one in NYU the other going to SUNY Binghamton in the fall. The other kid is autistic/asberger and a challenge at times. Anyhow, the point is, you don't need to be worried about this stuff when you have the actual worry of your health in the balance. It will be an added stress that is preventable. I'm not here to tell you how to do it, but my advice is to handle that business now before life throws a curveball at you.  Thanks for all your well wishes, I appreciate it. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.  

• Like 4