Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Edex Cup IV - PGA Championship - TEAMS

17 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

What a doosh 

I choose Paul Casey

Again this is all for fun and in the end I don't really care (I'll come in last anyway haha)... not trying to keep you from making a replacement pick but to be fair anyone paying attention knows Thomas is dealing with a wrist injury so drafting him is kind of the risk you're taking I don't believe we've ever had replacement picks mid Draft before ....that's all, playing devil's advocate if you will. :P

Good Lord.  If a player withdraws you get to pick immediately any player not yet drafted.  Duh.  You’re just flapping at the gums for no reason.

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Good Lord.  If a player withdraws you get to pick immediately any player not yet drafted.  Duh.  You’re just flapping at the gums for no reason.

Yikes chill-out I thought I was pretty clear that it wasn't a big deal but yes I am flapping my gums. that's kind of what the geek club is all about, no? I'm bored, draft isn't moving, not sure when the immediate replacement rule was put into effect so why not chat about it?

Plus, replacement pick or no replacement pick CBF already has this wrapped up anyway right?

There’s no way you should have to wait until after the draft to replace a first round pick when he withdraws on Monday.

7 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

There’s no way you should have to wait until after the draft to replace a first round pick when he withdraws on Monday.

I think an answer to the question is this.  

When a player withdraws during the draft.

A replacement player may be drafted anytime after the round the replaced player was selected in has completed.

12 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Perhaps not. Perhaps yes. Or perhaps wait until current round ends. Again, not trying to block anyone from making a replacement pick (don't get upset KSB, you should still be in your tiger happy place :D ) This seems like a new issue for us and not unreasonable to discuss... we've had a few WDs that were all after the draft was over. 

I'll shut my yap, I'm just the scoreboard punk anyway.

I think the real question here is:

Where in the world is Cloaca? 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

I think the real question here is:

Where in the world is Cloaca? 

Did he give anyone a list?

Guys Guys.

1.  We’ve always said that if a player withdraws before he tees off you to get to immediately pick another player not yet drafted.  Period.  Y’all are making this way to complicated.

2.  This is not because it’s my guy, this is how we do it.  Plus, and I know this is the Geek Club, but it’s the Gentleman thing to do.  

3.  All this is ESPECIALLY true since we just arbitrarily decided to start drafting days earlier than we ever have in the several years we’ve done this. 

4.  This isn’t complicated.  I truly wonder (pun) how some of  you sleep at night or look yourselves in the mirror.  We don’t make people wait to re-pick a player if they choose a guy not in the field or was already drafted.  They just re-choose as soon as they can.  Why?  Because this is a good group of people who aren’t complete D-Bags.

• Thanks 2

Yeah KSB should get whoever he wants now. Not that complicated

27 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Guys Guys.

1.  We’ve always said that if a player withdraws before he tees off you to get to immediately pick another player not yet drafted.  Period.  Y’all are making this way to complicated.

2.  This is not because it’s my guy, this is how we do it.  Plus, and I know this is the Geek Club, but it’s the Gentleman thing to do.  

3.  All this is ESPECIALLY true since we just arbitrarily decided to start drafting days earlier than we ever have in the several years we’ve done this. 

4.  This isn’t complicated.  I truly wonder (pun) how some of  you sleep at night or look yourselves in the mirror.  We don’t make people wait to re-pick a player if they choose a guy not in the field or was already drafted.  They just re-choose as soon as they can.  Why?  Because this is a good group of people who aren’t complete D-Bags.

im so sorry, I just can't resist a good natured (i think?) back and forth.

1. I don't personally remember that ever being stated, but YES it's fine with me.

2. Correct, it is the gentleman thing to do.

3. We've been drafting on Mondays since at least last year. For some reason our last few drafts this year we've started the threads as early as the prior Friday. Not sure, not my idea.

4. Guys not in the field or already drafted means we can't move forward with the draft, hence a re-pick. Like an FF draft. You draft a known injured player, he might W/D. Personally, I sleep well at night and look at my average face in the mirror every day because it's just a message board, we are just conversing about an issue and I think we all genuinely get along.

5. Personally again, I like for things to be as fair as possible. If I had already drafted my 2nd round player, I'd still be bringing it up because it seems slightly off that some people drafted round 2, and some have not. I would be like "KSB, sorry you took the risk on Thomas and he pulled out, make a replacement pick once Pat finishes round 2". Maybe I commish too many FF leagues so I tend to chime in.

6. Don't get bent out of shape over discussion. Is it a big deal to chat about it?

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Plus, replacement pick or no replacement pick CBF already has this wrapped up anyway right?

Thank you for knowing that 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Somebody is off their Meds.

yes, you nailed it. 

Nobody should be complaining about Monday starts at this point. There are 12 of us. No Monday start, no complete draft.

Me winning isn’t. You do.

14 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Nobody should be complaining about Monday starts at this point. There are 12 of us. No Monday start, no complete draft.

Me winning isn’t. You do.

English?  I seriously don’t know what this means.  :dunno:

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

English?  I seriously don’t know what this means.  :dunno:

You can't be serious, Caddy Shack.

11 minutes ago, lod001 said:

You can't be serious, Caddy Shack.

forgive him, he was too caught up slinging insults because god forbid anyone discusses anything that he doesn't think warrants any type of commentary. :D

16 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

forgive him, he was too caught up slinging insults because god forbid anyone discusses anything that he doesn't think warrants any type of commentary. :D

“Water is wet and Fire is hot” 

I can’t wait for your 200 word commentary playing devils advocate against that statement.

:lol:  

What a weirdo.   

48 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

“Water is wet and Fire is hot” 

I can’t wait for your 200 word commentary playing devils advocate against that statement.

:lol:  

What a weirdo.   

Since we are slinging insults, I apologize for broaching this whole topic today. Didn't realize you were on the rag or I would have waited :D

Quit slinging sheit in my safe space known as the edex...where there is no drama and we are excellent to each other...and ...need to send my 25...

9 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Quit slinging sheit in my safe space known as the edex...where there is no drama and we are excellent to each other..

This.

Good grief

9 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Quit slinging sheit in my safe space known as the edex...where there is no drama and we are excellent to each other...and ...need to send my 25...

Not for nothing, it is your fault. 😯

This is the only thing about this place that doesn't suck and you guys are focking that up.  Christ

Let's go ed

Louis Oosthuizen

Gary Woodland

3.02 Webb Simpson

Kevin Kostner

Wow, KSB gets bitchy  when he doesn't get Tiger.  :lol:

Fyi - I'm reading to my son's class for 30 minutes this morning.   I'll be online around 11 eastern. 

35 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Wow, KSB gets bitchy  when he doesn't get Tiger.  :lol:

Sorry.  :(

The older I’ve got, I have a zero tolerance dooshbag meter.  I’ll try to be more excellent.  

I just couldn’t believe WW was actually advocating for a person to wait until after the draft if a player WD’d.  It blew my mind. 

Sorry.  :(