Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

I hate Fortnite

Maybe it’s because I’m old now, I don’t know. I can safely say I motherfucking hate fortnite and everything it has done to roon video games. I am a COD veteran that has served in many a team death match wars. I just today decided to download BLOPS 4 and when I start the game I’m parachuting out of a motherfucking plane doing so battle royals fuckingbulllshhitt!!  Where the motherfuck is team deathmatch?

Nevermind. I found TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed, etc. 

Haven’t played black ops 4 in forever. But yea I don’t like that game mode. Don’t like fortnight either. Played the hell out of zombies on black ops 4. Haven’t played video games in a while now actually. 

Wastes money. This game is dumb as hell. Going back to COD WWII

I love Fortnite. It’s like one big giant day care keeping all the kids off all the games I actually like. 

PUBG, iR, Assetto Corsa, CS:GO, SCUM and Civ are all I play. 

13 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Haven’t played black ops 4 in forever. But yea I don’t like that game mode. Don’t like fortnight either. Played the hell out of zombies on black ops 4. Haven’t played video games in a while now actually. 

I’m going to try the zombies now. I haven’t like a version of zombies since the original black ops about 10 years ago. 

I am playing cities skylines right now, although it is probably not for everyone.

2 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I’m going to try the zombies now. I haven’t like a version of zombies since the original black ops about 10 years ago. 

The arena one is pretty fun. But you need guys who know what the fock they are doing. Getting the new guns, pack a punch, shield, etc. I’d look up the stuff for that if I was you 

51 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

America's Army was the best team based online game.

Starsiege Tribes was pretty awesome too.

CS:GO is the best team base online game 

Have any of you played Days Gone yet?  That's next on my list after I wrap up RDR2. 

4 hours ago, drobeski said:

:lol:

Mebbe we'll all go shoot up some schools next week. 

1 minute ago, SUXBNME said:

Mebbe we'll all go shoot up some schools next week. 

Nah ...you guys are too old...its your kids we worry about.  

Well not yours 

3 hours ago, DonS said:

Have any of you played Days Gone yet?  That's next on my list after I wrap up RDR2. 

Yeah on it now when I'm not playing Fortnite.

It's good. Very Last of Us feel. Not a fan of the weapons setup but what can you do.

36 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah on it now when I'm not playing Fortnite.

It's good. Very Last of Us feel. Not a fan of the weapons setup but what can you do.

Thanks for heads up. If you can compare it to Last of Us then I should definitely enjoy it. 

Speaking of which, I need to look up when Last of Us 2 is due out...   (edit, nothing official but sounds like Fall 2019)

11 minutes ago, DonS said:

Thanks for heads up. If you can compare it to Last of Us then I should definitely enjoy it. 

Speaking of which, I need to look up when Last of Us 2 is due out...   (edit, nothing official but sounds like Fall 2019)

Yeah I preordered Days Gone July of 2017...hah.

20 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

I love Fortnite. It’s like one big giant day care keeping all the kids off all the games I actually like. 

PUBG, iR, Assetto Corsa, CS:GO, SCUM and Civ are all I play. 

Prolly a really valid point.  Also, where do you play CS GO?  I used to play Counterstrike online way back in the day.  That was a fun game.  

43 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Prolly a really valid point.  Also, where do you play CS GO?  I used to play Counterstrike online way back in the day.  That was a fun game.  

There is a noticeable difference in the kids on online games now. Usually when I pair up with randoms now the youngest they are is early 20s and most are around my age (29). You should start playing it again, there’s some new maps and new game modes. I play on my PC with Steam. 

5 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

There is a noticeable difference in the kids on online games now. Usually when I pair up with randoms now the youngest they are is early 20s and most are around my age (29). You should start playing it again, there’s some new maps and new game modes. I play on my PC with Steam. 

Yeah, I'm downloading it right now.  It's free on Steam, at least it looks free so far.  At first, I thought it was a different game than I used to play but after watching some youtube videos I think it's the same one.  I'll give her a whirl on this laptop and see what happens.  The only desktop I have is set up for security cameras and not really in an area that I can game.  

When you play Assetto Corsa do you use a steering wheel and pedals?

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

Yeah, I'm downloading it right now.  It's free on Steam, at least it looks free so far.  At first, I thought it was a different game than I used to play but after watching some youtube videos I think it's the same one.  I'll give her a whirl on this laptop and see what happens.  The only desktop I have is set up for security cameras and not really in an area that I can game.  

When you play Assetto Corsa do you use a steering wheel and pedals?

It’s the same one yeah. It consistently has around 5,000 players online too. Dust is still the go to map as always. CSGO can run on a potato, so laptop should be fine.  

Yeah I have a Fanatec wheel/pedal setup. AC is really good for road course racing and open wheel. But iRacing is usually my go to for oval/dirt racing. If you are into racing you should definitely check it out. Here’s a broadcast of a league race just to show you how legit it is:

I only recently started playing Fortnite, because my 7 year old loves to play with his 11 year old cousin. We have a ps5 and ps4 so we play together.

I did this last night with him watching, he was so proud of dadda :wub:

I barely even know how to build, was like my 7th time playing solos

https://i.postimg.cc/jjhxF1qY/fortnite.jpg

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

I only recently started playing Fortnite, because my 7 year old loves to play with his 11 year old cousin. We have a ps5 and ps4 so we play together.

I did this last night with him watching, he was so proud of dadda :wub:

I barely even know how to build, was like my 7th time playing solos

https://i.postimg.cc/jjhxF1qY/fortnite.jpg

Congrats...don't mean to take the wind out of your sails, but you played against a lobby of bots.

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

Congrats...don't mean to take the wind out of your sails, but you played against a lobby of bots.

:huh:  96 real players. Sorry bud. They may have all been 8 years old, but they were real.  Unless bots know how to drive cars :wacko:

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

:huh:  96 real players. Sorry bud. They may have all been 8 years old, but they were real.  Unless bots know how to drive cars :wacko:

My sister (29 years old...36A(?)) has won some games too.  My BIL told me that 75%+ of the lobby was bots.  She doesn't even realize it, but is just as excited as you were when you won. :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

My sister (29 years old...36A(?)) has won some games too.  My BIL told me that 75%+ of the lobby was bots.  She doesn't even realize it, but is just as excited as you were when you won. :thumbsup:

I am pretty terrible. whenever I try to build I end up shooting the ground, or doing something stupid. so I try to find the high ground. I can shoot and aim well.

1 minute ago, edjr said:

I am pretty terrible. whenever I try to build I end up shooting the ground, or doing something stupid. so I try to find the high ground. I can shoot and aim well.

You should see my 10 year old playing.  I can't even tell what's going on...He builds and edits so fast it makes me kinda sick.

Just now, Gladiators said:

You should see my 10 year old playing.  I can't even tell what's going on...He builds and edits so fast it makes me kinda sick.

yeah my niece too. I am like WTF. 

2 hours ago, Gladiators said:

They ruined the game with this. I used to like jumping in a few games once a month, but now with all of the bots it is dumb. You can tell when you come across a bot in the game, you will not even get shot.

Other than Rock Band with other fellow old people and MLB the Show, I don't really play video games any more.

On 5/12/2019 at 10:52 AM, lickin_starfish said:

America's Army was the best team based online game.

YES!!!