Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Dynasty league value question

How much value does Tom Brady have left?

In a normal 12 teamer, ppr, start 1 Qb. What kind of player, or pick would you be able to get in a trade. 

As you probably already know I haven’t been in a keeper league for a long time. 

So take this as you may.  

Personally I wouldn’t give much for Brady,  he’s still producing, but he was 11th in ff points last season for qbs.  

And sooner then later his age will be a factor. 

So anyway that’s my thought.  

8 hours ago, Kopy said:

How much value does Tom Brady have left?

In a normal 12 teamer, ppr, start 1 Qb. What kind of player, or pick would you be able to get in a trade. 

I would treat it like GMs are supposed to treat contract negotiations. Pay for future performances, not past results.

The Patriots are trending more and more into a power running team and he may/may not be able to take advantage of most of his top remaining weapons, since Gordon's return is up in the air and Harry may not emerge until Brady turns 44. Of course, Gronk is gone.

If I'm playing for a title this year, the most I'd give is a late second-round rookie pick.

I see him as a starter. Just keep passing him around. I traded a second a few years ago for him and won two dynast ships in a row with him. He is too inconsistent now to be a top end starter, but I would gladly have him as a backup for peanuts.

find a team in need of a QB and take what you get.

I'm currently trying to move Rogers.  The two teams I talked to both said he's to old.

We don't draft until late August. So I was hoping there might be a QB or two go down and then get a 2nd rounder for him. Or possibly a starting TE.

7 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

find a team in need of a QB and take what you get.

I'm currently trying to move Rogers.  The two teams I talked to both said he's to old.

That's unfortunate as Rogers is still a top 5 qb for the next few years.

Brady otoh is about done, so he'd likely net something in the 2.09 - 3.06 range.

If yer looking for a TE he might land you a back end TE1 type like Burton or Walker.

I think Rodgers has more value then Brady, but I’m not so sure he’s going to be a top five Qb. 

Last season his avg was barley a qb1.  

Mmmm it’s a tough one to give up and a Qb that’s been so good, but I think the Packers are very limited at the so called skilled position, and think he’s a low qb1 going forward.  

If I was in a keeper league I would be trying to see what his value is, and get a deal done.  

Thanks. 

The problem with Brady is definitely his age.

in my experience its better to cut bait on a player like that one year early rather than one year too late.

I'd shop him around.  

That being said, you didnt say how many players you guys keep in your league.   That will play a role in the price people pay for Brady.

If only keeping one or two, you may have a hard time moving him, even to a Brady lover/pats fan.

If keeping 3 its hit or miss.   if keeping 4 or more, you should find a market for him its just a question of what people are willing to pay.  

That being said, it also depends on what your keepers actually are.  In some cases you are better off hanging onto Brady until the season starts.  if he puts up a big game or two early, people will forget about his age and trade for his value Today.

The first 2 games are Pittsburgh and Miami.   While Pittsburgh is traditionally a tougher opponent, they are missing Antonio Brown so will have a big hole to fill.  They might be a decent matchup.  Miami(week2) has been a train wreck of late.   If you keep him, I'd plan to shop him after the Miami game.

only downside of this strategy is you will NEED to pickup another QB in the draft.  Possibly earlier than you wanted to initially.  and its not a guarantee the strategy will work.