Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Good Morning

Early eye exam, eyes dilated - Light induced headache while trying to diagnose network connection problems. 

On this date in 2019, Mike Honcho shouldn't have gone from the eye doctor to straight to work - he was very grumpy all day.

On the plus side,no where to go but up from here.  Hope everyone enjoys  a better Monday than me.  

I'm long overdue for an eye exam.  Problem is I still see fine for distance so I don't have the incentive to go (I do use cheap readers for fine print, but I don't need a doctor visit for those).  I know, they test for glaucoma blah blah blah, that's why I should go.  

Another baseball game rained out on Sat.  We've played only 2 so far and 4 have been rained out.  Supposed to play tonight and tomorrow.  

Two hours into my work day and the phone has been ringing off the hook.  First chance to check  with you fockers.  :wall:

Had my first eye exam ever 4 weeks back.  20/20 still.  Can't read without glasses, though.  

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Another baseball game rained out on Sat.  We've played only 2 so far and 4 have been rained out.  Supposed to play tonight and tomorrow.  

We have had 2 played and 4 rained out. Sunday only league.

Had to take my dad to get one of those done then for him to have his cataract surgery. This Thursday he’s having the last ablation he can have. So hopefully that fixes the afib attacks he’s been having 

29 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm long overdue for an eye exam.  Problem is I still see fine for distance so I don't have the incentive to go (I do use cheap readers for fine print, but I don't need a doctor visit for those).  I know, they test for glaucoma blah blah blah, that's why I should go.  

Opposite, near-sighted.   I'd love to get corrective surgery, but that would mess up my near vision, which would means glasses all day at work, computer, reading, and anytime I"m using a camera eyepiece and not need them for driving.      

I did ask the doctor where we are at on the 6 million dollar man, if that eye thingy he had is happening yet, but that's a no.   :(

Oh and the network issue was someone forgot to update the IP addresses used spreadsheet---so that's fixed now.   

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Opposite, near-sighted.   I'd love to get corrective surgery, but that would mess up my near vision, which would means glasses all day at work, computer, reading, and anytime I"m using a camera eyepiece and not need them for driving.      

I did ask the doctor where we are at on the 6 million dollar man, if that eye thingy he had is happening yet, but that's a no.   :(

Oh and the network issue was someone forgot to update the IP addresses used spreadsheet---so that's fixed now.   

I've heard that if you have one eye corrected for near and the other for far, your brain learns to use the correct one for the situation.  :dunno:

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I've heard that if you have one eye corrected for near and the other for far, your brain learns to use the correct one for the situation.  :dunno:

Actually discussed that with the doctor today, he's not a big fan.   Said the success rate is between 50 and 60%, so for the time being I'll just be near sighted.   

Damn, getting older is a .    :mad:

14 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah takes two eyes for depth perception.

But as long as you don't need that...

4 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Yeah takes two eyes for depth perception.

But as long as you don't need that...

I was thinking that might be a problem.  The guy who I know had it done was like 80, I don't think he planned to shag fly balls.  :dunno:

Good morning - feeling for all the folks getting pounded by rain. We've had a freakish wet spring so far ourselves.

Finally a great week of weather - sunny and low 80's here all week. :thumbsup: