Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Memorials Day weekend plans

Anyone have any plans for the upcoming holiday? Trying to decide if we just should stay and rent a boat or go out of town for the weekend since I’ll have a 3 day weekend 

Go to Arlington Cemetery and commemorates all men and women who have died in military service for the United States...

• Like 1

My daughter's HS graduation is that Thursday, and her party is Sunday.  :cheers:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

My daughter's HS graduation is that Thursday, and her party is Sunday.  :cheers:

Congrats.  My son graduates (Good Lord willing) June 7.  

Have no Memorial Weekend Plans right now.  But do have an incredible number of options, most of which depend on the weather.  I am blessed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Congrats.  My son graduates (Good Lord willing) June 7.  

Have no Memorial Weekend Plans right now.  But do have an incredible number of options, most of which depend on the weather.  I am blessed.

Thanks.  This is my last one.  She and our older daughter move out at the end of summer and we begin life as empty nesters (hopefully).

We are hoping the weather holds out.  It was 85 and beautiful here yesterday, which is unseasonably cool.

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Thanks.  This is my last one.  She and our older daughter move out at the end of summer and we begin life as empty nesters (hopefully).

We are hoping the weather holds out.  It was 85 and beautiful here yesterday, which is unseasonably cool.

My wife and I will also be left alone come August.  It will be weird and sad for a bit.  I am very active, and could be out nearly every night if i took every invite that came my way, my wife is the relative opposite.  It's going to be interesting.

Memorial Day almost always rains around here.  Not expecting anything different this year.

We were going to go away for a 4 day weekend up to a lake in Maine.  Now we have it shortened by a day because our stupid HS has the prom on the Friday before Memorial Day and my son is going (with a girl). 

Putting in flags at a veteran cemetery, maybe some kind of cook out after

• Thanks 2

I'll be prepping for my trip the week after.  Hard to stay work motivated with it so close :(.

Going to Waterworld (water park here in Denver) on Friday, working the holiday, not sure about the days in between yet.

Taking a firework order down to the lake and spending a couple of days there if the mrs(36C) is walking by then.

Palm Springs weekend. We go multiple times a year as it’s just a couple hours away and good for pool time. 

1 hour ago, nzoner said:

Taking a firework order down to the lake and spending a couple of days there if the mrs(36C) is walking by then.

Sorry man.  I wasn't trying to break her but we got carried away. 

Headed to florida this friday for a friends wedding. Leaving the following day with a group of 10 ( including the newlyweds) for 9 days at an all inclusive in Jamaica. 

16 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

U10 soccer tournament 

Don’t respond to Wiffleball PM’s. Nothing good will come from it, especially at your age.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Not gonna schitt right for a week.

2 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Not gonna schitt right for a week.

Yikes. He got you too? 

8 minutes ago, frank said:

Yikes. He got you too? 

In a threesome it’s all good as long as there’s a chick there bro. 

Going to my buddies lake house, with another family....we've all been best buds since 3 years old.

Going to be doing a lot of chores, but also a lot of grilling and drinking and watching kids run around crazy.

I am looking forward to the escape. 

I am taking off Thursday and Friday this week to go camping in the Hill country with the wife and kids. 

Hopefully this means a fishing trip over memorial weekend. My boat is ready to roll, just need the weather to cooperate.

Nothing booked! :banana:

We'll figure something out.  I have a new grill coming on Wednesday....maybe ribs that weekend.

Will be at the lake.  firing up the smoker with a brisket and some pork belly burnt ends.  Will be using the left over brisket to make Texas Twinkies.  :wub:

46 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Will be at the lake.  firing up the smoker with a brisket and some pork belly burnt ends.  Will be using the left over brisket to make Texas Twinkies.  :wub:

In San Antonio there was a meat market that called them diablos instead of Texas twinkies. They also had different varieties like with chicken and steak as well as brisket. Those sum b1tches were DAM good. And pork belly burnt ends? Omg just kill me. Jealous you’re smoking all that this weekend 🤤

18 hours ago, Strike said:

I lobbed that one :D

Probably do some skiing.

1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

My wife made pork belly last night, dang that was good.  I gained a pound, but we have to die of something, right?

• Like 1

5 day weekend, golf, lot's of golf.

Some beer, some grilling..  More golf.

Stoked.

Hopefully buying an older used rhino this weekend to bring up to flagstaff so the kids have something to drive around with me. I only have my grizzly quad now. Supposed to be around 40 people going up, some with class 3 toys. :banana:

42 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Hopefully buying an older used rhino this weekend to bring up to flagstaff so the kids have something to drive around with me. I only have my grizzly quad now. Supposed to be around 40 people going up, some with class 3 toys. :banana:

That sounds awesome!  :cheers:

10 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

When I was 17 (1997) my cousin (also 17) and I decided to go on a road trip to San Diego.  Instead of taking my Nova or his Mustang, we decided to take his '76 Honda CVCC because it got waaaaay better gas mileage.  The only issue when we left was a small oil leak that ended up growing as we went along.  We filled up oil every time we filled up gas.  Eventually blew the engine just outside of Flagstaff.  Got towed to the Holiday Inn right off the highway and called my uncle who said he'd be down in 3 days to tow us back. 

That 3 days sucked.  It was like 105 degrees so we slept during the day and spent the night hanging out by the hotel pool, eating whatever we could buy from the gas station.  Bored out of our minds.  Eventually, my uncle gets there and starts to tow us back.  He decided to take a back highway to avoid some certain pass which involves taking us through the actual city of Flagstaff.  We had no idea it was a college town.  Here we were for three days in a city with literally thousands of girls walking around in bikinis mere miles from us while we focking ate beans and pop tarts by ourselves for three days.  Felt like the biggest focking donk in the world.

Anyway, fock Flagstaff.

The End

1 hour ago, Kanil said:

When I was 17 (1997) my cousin (also 17) and I decided to go on a road trip to San Diego.  Instead of taking my Nova or his Mustang, we decided to take his '76 Honda CVCC because it got waaaaay better gas mileage.  The only issue when we left was a small oil leak that ended up growing as we went along.  We filled up oil every time we filled up gas.  Eventually blew the engine just outside of Flagstaff.  Got towed to the Holiday Inn right off the highway and called my uncle who said he'd be down in 3 days to tow us back. 

That 3 days sucked.  It was like 105 degrees so we slept during the day and spent the night hanging out by the hotel pool, eating whatever we could buy from the gas station.  Bored out of our minds.  Eventually, my uncle gets there and starts to tow us back.  He decided to take a back highway to avoid some certain pass which involves taking us through the actual city of Flagstaff.  We had no idea it was a college town.  Here we were for three days in a city with literally thousands of girls walking around in bikinis mere miles from us while we focking ate beans and pop tarts by ourselves for three days.  Felt like the biggest focking donk in the world.

Anyway, fock Flagstaff.

The End

Flagstaff is at 7000 feet; it has never hit 100 officially.

https://www.azfamily.com/weather/phoenix_weather_blog/high-country-heat-has-flagstaff-ever-hit/article_8e449b02-1a4a-57c0-8fac-196e3c563aea.html

Also it is a granola town; I doubt there are many girls walking around in bikinis.

I suppose you could have been much further west towards Lake Havasu, which does get very hot.  And has girls in bikinis.  :dunno: