Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Barr opens investigation into spying

Link

Attorney General William Barr has appointed a U.S. attorney to examine the origins of the Russia investigation and determine if intelligence collection efforts targeting the Trump campaign were "lawful and appropriate," a person familiar with the situation told Fox News on Monday evening.

John Durham, the U.S. attorney in Connecticut, will conduct the inquiry, the source said. The move comes as the Trump administration has pushed for answers on why federal authorities conducted the surveillance -- as well as whether Democrats were the ones who improperly colluded with foreign actors.

Ruh-Roh..... I assume the Dem's will support this investigation with the same level of vigor as the one into Trump, right?

Remember when the Lefty's called the spying a hoax? 

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Most of those guys ran from here when the truth made them out to be fools.

There's a couple of fools still lingering 

“John Durham is a fierce, fair prosecutor. As a career prosecutor, John has dedicated his life to public service and the pursuit of justice. He knows how to try tough cases, having taken on organized crime and government corruption. He will be an outstanding U.S. attorney,” Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy said in a statement.

We'll see if Lispy Blewthemall feels the same way

13 minutes ago, drobeski said:

“John Durham is a fierce, fair prosecutor. As a career prosecutor, John has dedicated his life to public service and the pursuit of justice. He knows how to try tough cases, having taken on organized crime and government corruption. He will be an outstanding U.S. attorney,” Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy said in a statement.

We'll see if Lispy Blewthemall feels the same way

He sounds like a rapist or racist.

Just so I know ahead of time, are conservatives happy with these appointees to lead the investigation? Are liberals? 

This way, when the investigation is over, we can see who backtracks or flip flops. We can see who calls them deep state plants or angry conservatives on a witch hunt if the results aren't to their liking.

Tia

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Vividly....called it a hoax, called a Trump a liar, said Trump was lying when he said it......oh yes, i remember the propaganda arm of the Democratic party doing everything they could to impugn the mere notion of malfeasance....  HOW DARE anyone suggest something out of sorts being done by the Democrats.....🤪

You mean other than Rod Rosenstein order number 3915 - 2 0 1 7 (b)(i)?

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3726408-Rosenstein-letter-appointing-Mueller-special.html

Yes, it's a freaking mystery where this investigation came from.

And who authorized this Rod Rosenstein guy anyway?

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/blog/bal-trump-to-nominate-rod-rosenstein-deputy-attorney-general-20170131-story.html

24 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Just so I know ahead of time, are conservatives happy with these appointees to lead the investigation? Are liberals? 

This way, when the investigation is over, we can see who backtracks or flip flops. We can see who calls them deep state plants or angry conservatives on a witch hunt if the results aren't to their liking.

Tia

I'm a Libertarian, and I will be disappointed if people are convicted and jailed over these investigations.

I would rather see people convicted and hung for treason, so there is no chance for a pardon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

I'm a Libertarian, and I will be disappointed if people are convicted and jailed over these investigations.

I would rather see people convicted and hung for treason, so there is no change for a pardon.

So you're pleased with the lead investigators? I agree with your punishment if found guilty of treason :thumbsup:

For the record. I'm fine with the appointed prosecutor's.

18 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3726408-Rosenstein-letter-appointing-Mueller-special.html

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/blog/bal-trump-to-nominate-rod-rosenstein-deputy-attorney-general-20170131-story.html

So sad....

so you're cool with this guy investigating right ?

1 hour ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Vividly....called it a hoax, called a Trump a liar, said Trump was lying when he said it......oh yes, i remember the propaganda arm of the Democratic party doing everything they could to impugn the mere notion of malfeasance....  HOW DARE anyone suggest something out of sorts being done by the Democrats.....🤪

what is this about?  don't remember.  

So far, all we have proof of is the Russians meddled, Hillary had an illegal private server, Hillary paid for dirt on Trump, and Trump wasn't involved in any of it.  I assume there is more, so I am fine with the investigation. :dunno:

On 5/14/2019 at 3:03 PM, wiffleball said:

Since you're pointing out Rod.......do you accept his and Barr's conclusions of the Mueller Report? Mueller did...........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dispute-erupts-over-whether-brennan-comey-pushed-steele-dossier-as-doj-probe-into-misconduct-begins

Finger pointing escalating between Comey and Brennan.  :lol:

There are so many strings unraveling with this Russia investigation, it's hard to keep track of them all. Bruce Ohr.......the DOJ employee was CIA for several years. Was he still under Brennan's control? Strzok the FBI guy.............same thing. A few others who facilitated the State Dept meeting with Christopher Steele as well.

Brennan started a huge amount of this at the behest of who?

She was never supposed to lose :(

• Haha 1

Ya have to wonder what was it they had to hide ? Crimes so egregious that they were willing to commit treason in order to hide it.

1 hour ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dispute-erupts-over-whether-brennan-comey-pushed-steele-dossier-as-doj-probe-into-misconduct-begins

Finger pointing escalating between Comey and Brennan.  :lol:

There are so many strings unraveling with this Russia investigation, it's hard to keep track of them all. Bruce Ohr.......the DOJ employee was CIA for several years. Was he still under Brennan's control? Strzok the FBI guy.............same thing. A few others who facilitated the State Dept meeting with Christopher Steele as well.

Brennan started a huge amount of this at the behest of who?

Every time I read about Comey, I get more and more impressed.  Appointed to be a false front, he covers his butt better than anyone in this mess.  Tells me right off the bat, he was not one of the "in crowd" with McCabe, Strozk, et al. Why do I have a feeling that he has the goods and he is ready to spill all of them under the right circumstances. 

15 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Every time I read about Comey, I get more and more impressed.  Appointed to be a false front, he covers his butt better than anyone in this mess.  Tells me right off the bat, he was not one of the "in crowd" with McCabe, Strozk, et al. Why do I have a feeling that he has the goods and he is ready to spill all of them under the right circumstances. 

Comey's a focking enigma. I'm not sure if he's playing a part in this theater or if he's dirty AF. 

2 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Comey's a focking enigma. I'm not sure if he's playing a part in this theater or if he's dirty AF. 

He hasn't covered up anything that can be pinned on him.  He is obviously wary of the Clintons.  The left was mad he was fired, but other than that, they aren't putting him on a pedestal.  It all adds up to him being an outsider in their scheme. 

13 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Since you're pointing out Rod.......do you accept his and Barr's conclusions of the Mueller Report? Mueller did...........

No he didn't.  Even Barr admitted that. M wrote a letter specifically protesting Barrs Narnia like summary.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/zoetillman/mueller-barr-letter-testimony

11 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

So, Comey was appointed to be a false front against Trump years before the election even happened. Wow, he is good!

5 hours ago, wiffleball said:

So, Comey was appointed to be a false front against Trump years before the election even happened. Wow, he is good!

:lol: Trump on the brain. 

I think the question now just might be, who turns on who first.   And who is eventually outed on this.

6 hours ago, wiffleball said:

They spied on Cruz too...Obama and his goons were real sleazy sh!tbags.

• Like 1

What makes this investigation into the Russia investigation so interesting is that there doesn't seem to be a "big fish" at the end of it.  Obama is basically out of politics.  Hillary is an old woman that will probably die of natural causes in 10 years.  I can't see Biden winning the nomination so even if they find something on him, it doesn't matter politically and Biden is probably dead of natural causes in 10 years as well. So where is this going?

4 minutes ago, riversco said:

What makes this investigation into the Russia investigation so interesting is that there doesn't seem to be a "big fish" at the end of it.  Obama is basically out of politics.  Hillary is an old woman that will probably die of natural causes in 10 years.  I can't see Biden winning the nomination so even if they find something on him, it doesn't matter politically and Biden is probably dead of natural causes in 10 years as well. So where is this going?

The biggest political scandal in American history.  The biggest threat to our country since the Cold War.  That’s where it’s going. Jesus. 

1 minute ago, 12th Man said:

The biggest political scandal in American history.  The biggest threat to our country since the Cold War.  That’s where it’s going. Jesus. 

I just cannot think of any investigation that had no big fish at the end of it before.  Whitewater had Bill Clinton.  Iran-Contra had Reagan.  Watergate had Nixon.  Without a big fish at the end, I think you run a real risk of the public getting very fatigued with the story and eventually they will want it to just go away.

I think that I hope what this delivers at the end of the day is some separation between politics and the FBI/CIA/DOJ.

4 minutes ago, riversco said:

I disagree Obama is not out of politics, and non of those people are dying in 10 years.

Hopefully this is going to where this will never happen again. 

1 hour ago, riversco said:

So where is this going?

It had better be going to the gallows. Hillary, Obama, Comey, Clapper, Strozk, Ohr, McCabe, and others should be swinging by their necks.

I wan to avoid being like the Democrats on this......yes, we need to investigate and see if there are serious issues at play, PROVABLE issues.   And then see what action is appropriate to ensure accountability, but just as important to employ safeguards to not allow it to happen again....

Political vengeance is a Democrat tactic, as a conservative I want us to hold ourselves to a higher level, lets not devolve into the hate and violence of the left.

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I disagree Obama is not out of politics, and non of those people are dying in 10 years.

Hopefully this is going to where this will never happen again. 

This could be heading towards finding obama guilty of spying on trump in 2016.  What is the move then? Life in prison for obama?

5 minutes ago, riversco said:

This could be heading towards finding obama guilty of spying on trump in 2016.  What is the move then? Life in prison for obama?

No.  I hate to say this but going after Obama....to me...is not the way to go here.  I do not want to go down any road where the next guy up exacts anything that even smells like possibly being political vengeance......I cannot see that as being helpful in any way.

I suspect you could do this to any and every president that ever was or will be.  They have to make decisions, and I want those decisions to NOT be personally or politically movivated, nor influenced by what might happen later....

I just cannot get behind it...

If you wanted to push the democrats into rioting in the streets, threatening to put obama in prison might be the most effective strategy.  They hero worship him.  

16 minutes ago, riversco said:

Hussein should hang for treason. I would gladly be the executioner. 

• Thanks 1