Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Anybody try the Impossible Burger?

Whopper or otherwise?

I was thinking last night that is not that long ago that we had this huge media uproar over so called pink slime beef. Everybody wanted real beef. And now we've got beet mush from best I can tell.

I'm not ghey so no.  :puke:

Yooge fan of the nothing burger

• Like 1

I don't eat out, so no.  I'm not so busy nor lazy that I need to pull up to a window and have someone, whom I would never allow to prepare my food in any other format, hand me a bag made by a guy who needs a sign in the bathroom that reads Wash your hands after you take a sh1t.  Sincerely, The management.  

I'll pass.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

There is absolutely no proof these burgers are healthier than meat.

2x the fat of beef and more sodium.  I am not sure they are marketing themselves as healthier.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

2x the fat of beef and more sodium.  I am not sure they are marketing themselves as healthier.  

isnt it less saturated fat?

5 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

I have been eating beyond burgers for a while now.... They are very good

Unless you’re a vegan, you’re much better off eating a turkey burger.

While I agree they taste good, the ingredient list is iffy-bamboo cellouse & maltrodextrin are problematic. I had a hard time digesting them. 

Its not about health..its about HE:PING THE PLANET...Or something.

And not eating our friends...

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Its not about health..its about HE:PING THE PLANET...Or something.

And not eating our friends...

A cow has no other purpose in life but to give us dairy and beef. It’s literally the only reason they exist.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OldMaid said:

A cow has no other purpose in life but to give us dairy and beef. It’s literally the only reason they exist.

Hey don't need to tell me.  I was just regurgitating the veggie mantra

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Unless you’re a vegan, you’re much better off eating a turkey burger.

While I agree they taste good, the ingredient list is iffy-bamboo cellouse & maltrodextrin are problematic. I had a hard time digesting them. 

Like you started shitting out of your vagina? 

3 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Like you started shitting out of your vagina? 

Hate to break it to you, but those two tunnels don’t have an intersection.

7 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Let me poke you a Chunnel! 

Meat is delicious so no. But I have heard good things about it and if you really don’t want to eat meat then it might be a good alternative. 

23 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Oh.... 😯

15 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Let me poke you a Chunnel! 

That sounds painful...

1 hour ago, OldMaid said:

I had a hard time digesting them. 

what did your poop say?

52 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Meat is delicious so no. But I have heard good things about it and if you really don’t want to eat meat then it might be a good alternative. 

If you don’t want to eat meat then don’t go to place called Burger King. Like those idiots that go to a steakhouse and ask for the vegan options 

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

If you don’t want to eat meat then don’t go to place called Burger King. Like those idiots that go to a steakhouse and ask for the vegan options 

But that’s why they are offering this. To get customers in the door who otherwise wouldn’t come. The steakhouse guy should have known before going, the steakhouse isn’t pretending to cater to his needs. But Burger King guy just saw the ad so he stopped in.

Speaking of which,  if I"m going meatless, Portabella's marinated and prepped well can make for a tasty sammich. 

And yeah, one of my favorite sides AT a steak joint are the sauteed shrooms. If I had to go vege for a night, that wouldn't hurt my feelings.  Though, troof be told, they're usually so buried in butter, that you're better off eating the steak itself. 

I've never found ground turkey to be for much else than filler. - Like part of a base for chili or cutting back on the fat in a bolognese. 

I feel about meat the way I feel about cheese; I'd rather cut back on portions or sizes of the real stuff than settle for bad/tasteless/artificial crap. 

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before Bier shows up with a ground chickpea, quinoa, kale and cilantro patty. 

12 hours ago, fandandy said:

I don't eat out, so no.  I'm not so busy nor lazy that I need to pull up to a window and have someone, whom I would never allow to prepare my food in any other format, hand me a bag made by a guy who needs a sign in the bathroom that reads Wash your hands after you take a sh1t.  Sincerely, The management.  

I'll pass.

Your basement must be set up saaaaaaaaweeeeeeeeeeeeet 

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Speaking of which,  if I"m going meatless, Portabella's marinated and prepped well can make for a tasty sammich. 

And yeah, one of my favorite sides AT a steak joint are the sauteed shrooms. If I had to go vege for a night, that wouldn't hurt my feelings.  Though, troof be told, they're usually so buried in butter, that you're better off eating the steak itself. 

I've never found ground turkey to be for much else than filler. - Like part of a base for chili or cutting back on the fat in a bolognese. 

I feel about meat the way I feel about cheese; I'd rather cut back on portions or sizes of the real stuff than settle for bad/tasteless/artificial crap. 

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before Bier shows up with a ground chickpea, quinoa, kale and cilantro patty. 

I have never eaten cow products in my life, so Turkey Burger is heaven to me

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Cilantro... wiff heaven$#@! :D

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I have never eaten cow products in my life, so Turkey Burger is heaven to me

Are you Hindu or something?  :🤨

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I have never eaten cow products in my life, so Turkey Burger is heaven to me.

Wow, when making chili I can go 1/2 turkey, 1/2 pork.  Not anti turkey, just never had good turkey burgers.

15 hours ago, OldMaid said:

They will when I'm done with them.  :wub:

8 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Cilantro... wiff heaven$#@! :D

Are you Hindu or something?  :🤨

parents were hippies, never had it when I was a kid, no desire to have it now

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Wow, when making chili I can go 1/2 turkey, 1/2 pork.  Not anti turkey, just never had good turkey burgers.

Why is pork burger not more of a thing? I've had them at a place here in china. Not as good as beef, but way better than focking turkey. 

9 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Why is pork burger not more of a thing? I've had them at a place here in china. Not as good as beef, but way better than focking turkey. 

In the midwest, they serve a lot of pork chop sandwiches. Either grilled or deep-fried. Not sure why that doesn't spread more.

And any good self-respecting Italian neighborhood has great Italian sausage patty sandwiches with peppers and onions and usually cheese and a bit of sauce. Freaking delicious. That's the best part about church Bazaar season.

I'd give it a shot if available-but I rarely eat burgers or go to burger joints, so not likely to come across one anytime soon.

I think one of the challenges will be that there's a hell of a lot of vegetarians who would literally gag if not vomit the minute they walked in and smelled a fast food burger joint.

Moreover, vegetarians by choice and by religion both can be real sticklers for entirely separate food prep areas. There's just not enough real estate in American stores for that.

58 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'd give it a shot if available-but I rarely eat burgers or go to burger joints, so not likely to come across one anytime soon.

I found the Beyond Meat burgers in the meat section of the grocery store. I was intrigued so I bought them. 

I’m not vegan, so I’ll probably never eat them again. I’m not thrilled with the nutritional info, and they were like trying to digest a brick.