Sign in to follow this  
edjr

MLB sucks. It is a joke. pitchers have ruined the sport

The entire kentucky derby from start to finish or 1 of this JO 's pitches?

That's focking redickulass :thumbsdown:

This is one of the many reasons I no longer follow baseball, but there are more. The homerun/power game has also rooned the game. I miss small ball and stealing bases. Nobody steals anymore. Last years SB leaders had 43 and 45 steals. Rickey and Vince Coleman used to steal over 100 bases per year. 

Not only pitchers, but the batters that have to walk around for 10 minutes after every pitch, adjusting this or that.  Seriously, most games could be done in an hour if these idiots would stop dickin' around.

13 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Worst sport to watch on tv................by far.

Not even close...  Soccer has that title...

1 minute ago, posty said:

Not even close, give me soccer all day long - and I hate soccer.

3 minutes ago, posty said:

Soccer sucks on TV, in person, on a train, plain, anywhere. Soccer just focking sucks period. .

ETA: I have watched 2 soccer games in my entire life and both were the USA lady hoes championship games. Once they lost to some Koreans and once they beat somebody. If i wasn't for booze they would have been unbearable. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Not even close, give me soccer all day long - and I hate soccer.

100 minutes vs 3+ hours

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

100 minutes vs 3+ hours

One hundred minutes of soccer still is God awful...  I think most people would rather have their fingernails pulled out instead of sitting through any soccer game...

13 minutes ago, posty said:

This.  Those little flopping fockers running around like LeBron vs Karl Malone.  Totally unwatchable.   

3 minutes ago, posty said:

One hundred minutes of soccer still is God awful...  I think most people would rather have their fingernails pulled out instead of sitting through any soccer game...

4 billion vs 500 million.  :lol:

1 minute ago, edjr said:

That just goes to show how stupid the rest of the world is. Keep the footy out of Murica. 

• Like 3

Just now, bostonlager said:

That just goes to show how stupid the rest of the world is. Keep the footy out of Murica. 

:first:

[/thread]

15 minutes ago, edjr said:

100 minutes vs 3+ hours

100 minutes of soccer vs 100 minutes of water-boarding.  

Even money

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

This is like comparing meals sold at McDonald's with meals sold at Peter Lugar's.

7 hours ago, Bert said:

This is like comparing meals sold at McDonald's with meals sold at Peter Lugar's.

Count me out if that's Peter North's brother

1. You want to kill a bar?  Turn the sound on for a baseball game. Jeesus, it's preternatural how quick it'll kill a bar crowd.

a) The worst part if there's always that ONE d-bag who insists on the sound being turned up. 

- And then he'll go back to talking to his friends - completely ignoring the game.  

- Until you try to get the sound fixed. Jeesus, I want to punch that guy. 

You guys completely  miss the worst part of Soccer; 

It's not that it's 100 minutes - it's that it's not. 

Just when you think "whew! THAT suckfest is finally done!"

... The damn ref keeps the game going - "injury time'.  

God, it reminds me of that scene in Risky Business when the classroom clock actually goes BACKwards. 

Yeah, lessee, only the ref knows how much time is left - I'm absolutely certain THAT doesn't allow any room for corruption. 

27 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Count me out if that's Peter North's brother

Haven't you ever heard the expression to "Hawk a Luger?"  

Yeah, don't order the oysters there. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, wiffleball said:

1. You want to kill a bar?  Turn the sound on for a baseball game. Jeesus, it's preternatural how quick it'll kill a bar crowd.

a) The worst part if there's always that ONE d-bag who insists on the sound being turned up. 

- And then he'll go back to talking to his friends - completely ignoring the game.  

- Until you try to get the sound fixed. Jeesus, I want to punch that guy. 

And the volume on for a soccer game is a million times worse. "Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh what a wonder display of awesome unparalleled athletic ability he showed there!!!!!  He almost scored!!!!!! Just tremendous!"  F you and all the douchbags that watch that silly sh!t. 

Soccer might suck to some, but the games take the same length as 50 years ago. 

Baseball is a joke.  And it trickles down to little league.  

10 hours ago, wiffleball said:

You guys completely  miss the worst part of Soccer; 

It's not that it's 100 minutes - it's that it's not. 

Just when you think "whew! THAT suckfest is finally done!"

... The damn ref keeps the game going - "injury time'.  

God, it reminds me of that scene in Risky Business when the classroom clock actually goes BACKwards. 

Yeah, lessee, only the ref knows how much time is left - I'm absolutely certain THAT doesn't allow any room for corruption. 

The games are actually 90 minutes. Running time. There may be two or three minutes added at the half or end of game for injury time, but very rarely does a game go 100 minutes.  Usually 94-96.

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I agree baseball has become a joke but it is still far and away better than soccer.  Watching soccer is on par with watching a bunch of red neck drive around in a circle. 

Just now, Bert said:

I agree baseball has become a joke but it is still far and away better than soccer.  Watching soccer is on par with watch a bunch of red neck drive around in a circle. 

I like soccer and can watch it with no problem.  If we are all honest, I'll bet the only sport left that we all watch from start to finish is the NFL.

33 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Boom

30 minutes ago, Bert said:

I agree baseball has become a joke but it is still far and away better than soccer.  Watching soccer is on par with watching a bunch of red neck drive around in a circle. 

You don't watch. you referenced a world cup from 8 years ago :lol:

34 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I like soccer and can watch it with no problem.  If we are all honest, I'll bet the only sport left that we all watch from start to finish is the NFL.

I played soccer my whole life,  other than the world cup, never really watched that much. Last few years I started watching the premier league and the bundesliga on FS1 or whatever channel it's on. It's on early on the weekends, starts at 9, over at 11. Can't beat that.  This years premier league was incredible, they had all 9 games on this Sunday at the same time.

Manchester City with the 1 point win over Liverpool. Incredible to watch

95 goals in 38 games and only 23 allowed. Impressive

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Bullsh!t 

Little League games around here are the some of the most exciting sporting events of the year, especially the all star tournaments. 

Baseball was 3rd behind football and basketball for me as a kid.  But it is by far the funnest sport for me to coach/watch my kids play.  It is seriously a blast.  

Batters hate it as well. Which is why they call timeout if a pitcher is taking too long. Throws the batter off and gets them out of rhythm making them too stiff. 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

Batters hate it as well. Which is why they call timeout if a pitcher is taking too long. Throws the batter off and gets them out of rhythm making them too stiff. 

Hopefully the batters start doing that more often.  Mess with the pitchers and extend the average game out to 4+ hours.  :thumbsup:

The over-the-top flopping is enough to turn non retards away from soccer.

Of course it's popular with kids and puzzies because it's the only thing some of them can play.  Little league baseball is a joke?  Have you ever seen a bunch of co-ed 9 yr olds running around a soccer field?  I'd rather chug the used motor oil from GFIAFP's mom's miata than watch that. 

A sport that doesn't allow you to use your hands goes against an athlete's nature. Using your hands comes naturally to all human beings. If they'd just pick the focking ball up and start a game of rugby, I'd be in.  

15 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Hopefully the batters start doing that more often.  Mess with the pitchers and extend the average game out to 4+ hours.  :thumbsup:

Man I used to play 3-4 games a day depending if we won (we usually did) or not. Had one game start at 8pm and didn’t get over til 1am cause we were tied the whole game. They started having each team start out with a runner on second and 1 out. We’d score. They’d score. Finally we ended up winning but I remember it being so cold that night that one of the kids zipped himself up in the catchers equipment bag to try and stay warm. Good times 

Just now, vuduchile said:

The over-the-top flopping is enough to turn non retards away from soccer.

Of course it's popular with kids and puzzies because it's the only thing some of them can play.  Little league baseball is a joke?  Have you ever seen a bunch of co-ed 9 yr olds running around a soccer field?  I'd rather chug the used motor oil from GFIAFP's mom's miata than watch that. 

A sport that doesn't allow you to use your hands goes against an athlete's nature. Using your hands comes naturally to all human beings. If they'd just pick the focking ball up and start a game of rugby, I'd be in.  

Soccer is fun to play but you’re right. It’s almost an effortless sport for young kids with no real athletic abilities. Extremely easy to coach as well 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

You don't watch. you referenced a world cup from 8 years ago :lol:

Actually I referenced every time one of our south of the border friends walks into the bar and has them turn that crap on.  Same over exaggeration from the players and announcers every single time it is on TV.