Sign in to follow this  
edjr

MLB sucks. It is a joke. pitchers have ruined the sport

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Bullsh!t 

Little League games around here are the some of the most exciting sporting events of the year, especially the all star tournaments. 

Baseball was 3rd behind football and basketball for me as a kid.  But it is by far the funnest sport for me to coach/watch my kids play.  It is seriously a blast.  

Meh. I love baseball, still play, coached for years. Too many coaches get cues from MLB. Coaches call every pitch every kid steps out on every pitch to get signs.  If that's what you like it's great.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Meh. I love baseball, still play, coached for years. Too many coaches get cues from MLB. Coaches call every pitch every kid steps out on every pitch to get signs.  If that's what you like it's great.

No. We don’t do that.  Of course, at my kid’s age, they have either 1 or 2 pitches. 

I tell my son to hit the mound and warm up with 3 change ups, then throw a fastball to the first batter.  

I tell the catcher to mix it up from there based on what he thinks will get the kid out.   

8 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

This is one thing that I am really hating about high school baseball/softball and college softball...  Let the catcher call the game, it really irks me that everyone looks into the coach to get the pitch to call...  It is a shame really...

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

No. We don’t do that.  Of course, at my kid’s age, they have either 1 or 2 pitches. 

I tell my son to hit the mound and warm up with 3 change ups, then throw a fastball to the first batter.  

I tell the catcher to mix it up from there based on what he thinks will get the kid out.   

All good stuff, but you know what I am talking about.  MLB has been ruined by metrics, that tell every manager what he is supposed to do in a situation.  And also by stupid pitcher rules, like pitch counts, which have never been analyzed or verified.  The only rock hard evidence that exists with regard to pitcher arm injuries, is longer games and more injuries have increased at the same time.  You think that maybe sitting in the dugout longer between innings might be a problem for pitchers?  You think?

21 hours ago, Bert said:

This.  Those little flopping fockers running around like LeBron vs Karl Malone.  Totally unwatchable.   

I don't care about this pissing match one iota.  I just quoted this so I could say "Fock that focking piece of shiot karl focking Malone"

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

96 Minutes vs 100. Well that changes everything! Boy do I feel silly! 😁

You were off ten minutes, not four. But look at the bright side, you know more today than you knew yesterday.  You're welcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

The over-the-top flopping is enough to turn non retards away from soccer.

World Cup is where that is the worst. The NBA has more flopping than the premier league

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

I don't care about this pissing match one iota.  I just quoted this so I could say "Fock that focking piece of shiot karl focking Malone"

And the sports gods blessed us with him never winning a title.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

All good stuff, but you know what I am talking about.  MLB has been ruined by metrics, that tell every manager what he is supposed to do in a situation.  And also by stupid pitcher rules, like pitch counts, which have never been analyzed or verified.  The only rock hard evidence that exists with regard to pitcher arm injuries, is longer games and more injuries have increased at the same time.  You think that maybe sitting in the dugout longer between innings might be a problem for pitchers?  You think?

I’d prefer catchers call the game 

I’d like pitchers to work faster

I’d also like batters not to unsnap their gloves, hitch up their pants, take 3 swings, scratch their balls, spit, raise their hands while screwing their foot into the dirt before they take a strike they had no intention of swinging at.  

But I still like to watch or listen to every Cubs game I can.