Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

NBA Draft Lottery

What a God awful way to do it with the announcers being heard by everyone in the draft room.  Stoopid.  

• Like 1

Be freaking awesome, and totally expected, if the Lakers got the first pick...

What time does it start?

Five, fourteen, two thousand nineteen.

I'll take what is the day Zion Williamson committed suicide, Alex.

Looking at the odds just now, I guess Cleveland woulda been much worse for him but damn, he's gotta be crushed.  I'm sure he was hoping for the Big Apple.

I hate the Lakers....but I found myself rooting for them just because I wanted to see NBA twitter try to burn the league down. I don’t mind some comedy in my sports 

6 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I hate the Lakers....but I found myself rooting for them just because I wanted to see NBA twitter try to burn the league down. I don’t mind some comedy in my sports 

Not gonna lie, these were exactly my thoughts.

12 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

im more shocked it wasn't a "frozen envelope" situation. The NBA has to want the knicks to be relevant again.

Zion could still go back to Duke.  Talk about heads exploding....That would be awesome.

15 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

I really thought that they would give LeBron the first pick to make him happy...

At least no one can say the NBA draft lottery is rigged. This is the last team the league wanted to get the number one pick.

Why does the NBA keep changing the lottery odds to let other teams move up? All that’s going to do is encourage 9-10 teams to tank rather than the usual 4-5. 🤦‍♂️ 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

Zion could still go back to Duke.  Talk about heads exploding....That would be awesome.

I don't think he can but, that would be awesome, Zion in NO is a nightmare for the league and him.

These guys want to get their rookie deal underway also though, they want to get past 5 years so they can start making the Big $$.

I just found out today that Michigan's coach Beilein resigned to coach the Cavaliers.  Damn, I feel sick.  Great coach.  WIll be interesting to see how he does in the NBA.  He was a candidate for the Pistons job last year.  I might actually have to root for Cleveland a little.  :cry:

Just now, fandandy said:

I just found out today that Michigan's coach Beilein resigned to coach the Cavaliers.  Damn, I feel sick.  Great coach.  WIll be interesting to see how he does in the NBA.  He was a candidate for the Pistons job last year.  I might actually have to root for Cleveland a little.  :cry:

I don't understand that move really.   Just trying his hand at the NBA, bigger payday, tired of recruiting...there doesn't seem to be any upside to joining that Cavs team.  Seems strange for a 66 year old coach to jump into a massive rebuilding situation.   :dunno:

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

I don't understand that move really.   Just trying his hand at the NBA, bigger payday, tired of recruiting...there doesn't seem to be any upside to joining that Cavs team.  Seems strange for a 66 year old coach to jump into a massive rebuilding situation.   :dunno:

Honestly, I don't know either.  I was shocked.  Super classy guy though and prolly just looking for a new challenge.  He will be missed.

14 minutes ago, Reality said:

I don't think he can but, that would be awesome, Zion in NO is a nightmare for the league and him.

These guys want to get their rookie deal underway also though, they want to get past 5 years so they can start making the Big $$.

I read this morning that he has done everything the right way if for some unknown reason he wanted to go back to duke.  hasn't hired an agent, signed any deals and finished his first year of classes.  Not sure all the requirements, those are the one I remember reading.

I mean it NEVER happens, but would be hilarious.

Just now, patweisers44 said:

I read this morning that he has done everything the right way if for some unknown reason he wanted to go back to duke.  hasn't hired an agent, signed any deals and finished his first year of classes.  Not sure all the requirements, those are the one I remember reading.

Interesting, didn't know that.

:thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Honestly, I don't know either.  I was shocked.  Super classy guy though and prolly just looking for a new challenge.  He will be missed.

Not at Wisconsin, he won't.   😎  --Good coach & recruiter.   The week of Michigan games(and MSU) have led to some funny and strange bets since I moved to Michigan.   

41 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

For some reason, I think it would have been so much more hilarious if he did it while the Knicks held the first pick.   

The Stephen A. Smith meltdown last night when the lottery took place reminded me of crying the left did the night Trump won.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

The Stephen A. Smith meltdown last night when the lottery took place reminded me of crying the left did the night Trump won.

I’m sure lots of things remind you of the single greatest day of your life. :thumbsup:

Just now, MDC said:

I’m sure lots of things remind you of the single greatest day of your life. :thumbsup:

Wrong again but nice try. The single greatest day of my life is likely the day my first child was born.

8 hours ago, Reality said:

He'll make more in endorsements his first 5 years than he will his entire career in basketball contracts. He'll be fine 

19 hours ago, patweisers44 said:

I saw that.

Honestly, I bet 8 out of 10 Americans have no idea who or what the Pelicans are.

1. What sport are the Pelicans?

2. What city are the Pelicans?

"Uhhh..."

21 hours ago, The Observer said:

At least no one can say the NBA draft lottery is rigged. This is the last team the league wanted to get the number one pick.

I don't think its rigged in general, I imagine it has happened.  However, radio guys were talking conspiracies and said that NO and Memphis are in the worst financial shape in the league.  Getting a boost for them was pretty important.  Knicks ain't going anywhere, but NO and Memphis could fold if things keep going south.  Whether its in NO, Memphis, or if they would move either franchise it would really help to have a marquee player.  

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I don't think its rigged in general, I imagine it has happened.  However, radio guys were talking conspiracies and said that NO and Memphis are in the worst financial shape in the league.  Getting a boost for them was pretty important.  Knicks ain't going anywhere, but NO and Memphis could fold if things keep going south.  Whether its in NO, Memphis, or if they would move either franchise it would really help to have a marquee player.  

Knicks haven't been contenders since Ewing, Starks, Oakley, Mason. From a financial perspective, I'm sure they were praying the Knicks landed Zion. The largest market in the country has had no reason to care about the NBA in 25 years. If not them, the Lakers would also have been great for the league.  While it's true that the addition of Zion will boost the New Orleans franchise, but I don't know where the league benefits in that.

Golden State and Cleveland were franchises that went nowhere for a long time.  But when they created a winning formula the bandwaggoners started hopping on en masse.

The same thing could happen to New Orleans.  

6 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Knicks haven't been contenders since Ewing, Starks, Oakley, Mason. From a financial perspective, I'm sure they were praying the Knicks landed Zion. The largest market in the country has had no reason to care about the NBA in 25 years. If not them, the Lakers would also have been great for the league.  While it's true that the addition of Zion will boost the New Orleans franchise, but I don't know where the league benefits in that.

If it went to the Lakers every on the planet should thinks its fixed.  What I mean about NY is that they do still care, and will continue to care.  

http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance

5 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Golden State and Cleveland were franchises that went nowhere for a long time.  But when they created a winning formula the bandwaggoners started hopping on en masse.

The same thing could happen to New Orleans.  

Might be a valid point but it doesn't seem like Anthony Davis has done too much for them.  Now if he stayed...

It doesn't look like he will though.

48 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Might be a valid point but it doesn't seem like Anthony Davis has done too much for them.  Now if he stayed...

which is why they need Zion the most..

56 minutes ago, fandandy said:

They can have a marquee player, but they still have to win.  33-49 won't even get that wagon out of the barn.

If it was still in my 20s and liked the nightlife, New Orleans would likely make my top 10 cities to play in. There is no doubt it’s top half. 

Obviously worse locales to spend your 20s include: Utah, Mil, Indiana, Det, Orlando, Charlotte, Cle, Hou, OKC, Sac, Min, Mem, Phoenix, San Antonio, Portland. If he cares more about winning that the locale, replace a few of those teams with Brooklyn, NY, LA, and Washington. 

11 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

If it was still in my 20s and liked the nightlife, New Orleans would likely make my top 10 cities to play in. There is no doubt it’s top half. 

Obviously worse locales to spend your 20s include: Utah, Mil, Indiana, Det, Orlando, Charlotte, Cle, Hou, OKC, Sac, Min, Mem, Phoenix, San Antonio, Portland. If he cares more about winning that the locale, replace a few of those teams with Brooklyn, NY, LA, and Washington. 

Have you ever been to New Orleans? Has some of the highest crime in the country, it’s dirty as sh!t and smells like piss. Every single city you listed is a more desirable place to live than NO. I’ve been all over Louisiana. Monroe, Shreveport, etc... that entire state is a dump. Especially Charlotte, that’s a really nice area. 😂

24 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Have you ever been to New Orleans? Has some of the highest crime in the country, it’s dirty as sh!t and smells like piss. Every single city you listed is a more desirable place to live than NO. I’ve been all over Louisiana. Monroe, Shreveport, etc... that entire state is a dump. Especially Charlotte, that’s a really nice area. 😂

I’ve been to New Orleans a handful of times.  

Yes, Charlotte and most big cities are “nicer”. But my post stated that a 20 something into the night life would enjoy New Orleans more than Charlotte or Utah. If you disagree with that, then I don’t know what to say. Maybe I’m wrong and the clubs in Milwaukee are hopping. 

1 minute ago, cbfalcon said:

I’ve been to New Orleans a handful of times.  

Yes, Charlotte and most big cities are “nicer”. But my post stated that a 20 something into the night life would enjoy New Orleans more than Charlotte or Utah. If you disagree with that, then I don’t know what to say. Maybe I’m wrong and the clubs in Milwaukee are hopping. 

Charlotte has one of the largest banking districts in the country. All kinds of big money there. NBA players don’t go to run down bars that your everyday people go to, they go to high end exclusive clubs and I guarantee you Charlotte has more options when it comes to that. Every place you listed would be a nicer place to live than NO...even Detroit.