The Observer

What concerts do you have coming up?

17 hours ago, Herbivore said:

Ellish..heard 2 of her songs last night.  One was a Tiesto remix on BPM, wifey(36Cf) said she liked it, flipped over to Coffee House, and another came on that was quite good.  I'm not sure of her typical sound but talented and can sing for sure.

That's good to hear.  

I'm open to new music if it involves talent.

Saw wookiefoot and Mike love open on Friday on a quick trip to Denver on a whim this weekend

Had tickets to see Shinedown/Evamescence/The Struts this past weekend and skipped it.

My wife loves Thomas Rhett so I got her tickets for August.  Was co spidering seeing Billy Joel, who puts on a great show.  But I’ve seem him each of the last two years.  I’m not into concerts enough to see someone 3 years straight.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:15 PM, Bier Meister said:

thinking about train in June....hate crowds

Thought about seeing them this year with Goo Goo Dolls.  Wife isn't interested.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 8:29 AM, DonS said:

Alice in Chains with daughter on Sept 20. Just got tickets yesterday.

They just recently came out with an awesome video for title track of latest album Rainier Fog.  For those wondering what the fock is with the beer bottles with legs it is an homage to the Rainier Beer ads from the 70s/80s.

37 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Thought about seeing them this year with Goo Goo Dolls.  Wife isn't interested.

Would be a solid show.

Recently added a couple more shows to my schedule.... 

Voivod (with a bunch of bands I never heard of).  I'm going to this for the hell of it as tix are cheap and playing a small venue.  Had a couple of their albums on muthafocking cassette back in middle school.  Why not, eh?  (they're Canadian btw) 

Just bought a ticket to see Ghost.  Not so cheap but figured should be fun for the theatrics.  Even better is that now that I'm listening to them I actually think they're pretty good.  Reminds me of BOC a bit. 

I saw ghost this past November with my daughter. I'm not a huge fan but know and like a half dozen or so songs. Good show definitely entertaining...I know it's their thing but with the faceless ghouls all looking exactly the same that part kinda gets boring to me but it's Tobias's show anyway so no big deal....

Speaking of BOC I saw they are working on a new album for release next year.

The Misfits are going to play at the Garden......I mean....holy sh!t......  :walkman:  :headbanger:

Rinky

15 minutes ago, kutulu said:

I saw ghost this past November with my daughter. I'm not a huge fan but know and like a half dozen or so songs. Good show definitely entertaining...I know it's their thing but with the faceless ghouls all looking exactly the same that part kinda gets boring to me but it's Tobias's show anyway so no big deal....

Speaking of BOC I saw they are working on a new album for release next year.

Thanks for the heads up on BOC!  Saw them a few years ago and Eric Bloom and Buck Dharma are still bringing it. 

None...

I can't even remember the last concert I went to...

There are some that I would love to see, but tickets are outrageous...

12 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

ELO tomorrow

I could really get with that.....:headbanger:

son begging to see iron maiden in philly. :rolleyes:. focking tix are nuts. are they serious?

also can i pay someone here to take him?

19 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

son begging to see iron maiden in philly. :rolleyes:. focking tix are nuts. are they serious?

I would but I doubt you’d trust me with your kid. :ninja:

28 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

Seeing them on Sept 5.  Up the Irons! 

34 minutes ago, MDC said:

no mascara :mad:

My apologies to all Geek dads of special needs kids. I didn’t think there were any but now I know better. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, MDC said:

My apologies to all Geek dads of special needs kids. I didn’t think there were any but now I know better. :thumbsup:

Sad thing is there probably are and they come here and have to hear that kinda shite from a poorly raised a-hole like you. 

Come back soon Newbie. She needs you. 

Its real bad. :(

I have no idea why RP and MDC took this thread over, but on the original topic, I am seeing Thomas Rhett in August 1.  My wife really likes him and I’ve heard a couple songs; they’re not terrible.

8 hours ago, supermike80 said:

ELO tomorrow

I think they were out here recently. Thought it was odd that it was billed as Jeff Lynne's ELO.  Who the fock else was in that band besides Jeff Lynne?

1 hour ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I have no idea why RP and MDC took this thread over, but on the original topic, I am seeing Thomas Rhett in August 1.  My wife really likes him and I’ve heard a couple songs; they’re not terrible.

No idea? 

15 hours ago, DonS said:

I think they were out here recently. Thought it was odd that it was billed as Jeff Lynne's ELO.  Who the fock else was in that band besides Jeff Lynne?

The only thing I can think of is until last year Jeff Lynne hadn't toured with ELO since the 80s or something.  

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

The only thing I can think of is until last year Jeff Lynne hadn't toured with ELO since the 80s or something.  

That makes sense.  Whenever I see an old act touring I always double check to see who exactly is still in the band. 

Going to go see Pennywise in Sept.  They put on a great show.  Looking forward to it.

Concerts around here have become dumb with pricing.  So wife and I are gonna sample a couple tribute bands and go for the fun.

Ac/dc tribute at the machine shop in flint in Sept.  As long as the guitarist can come close to Angus it should be fun 

15 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Concerts around here have become dumb with pricing.  So wife and I are gonna sample a couple tribute bands and go for the fun.

I might sing for one soon, a UFO Tribute Band. I just started talks with the band and should know more by the end of the week. 🤘

By the way........UFO in Vegas in October was the only bigger concert I have on deck. 

unless it's at a smaller (cheaper venue) not worth it.

On 7/19/2019 at 1:48 PM, MDC said:

thinking about dropping him off and i'll go to phils game with my daughter. has a buddy going with dad. he'll be 14 soon :D:unsure:

2 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

thinking about dropping him off and i'll go to phils game with my daughter. has a buddy going with dad. he'll be 14 soon :D:unsure:

You dropping me off at MDC house so he can take me to see Iron Maiden? :o

6 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

You dropping me off at MDC house so he can take me to see Iron Maiden? :o

yes

14 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

You're picking me up afterwards, right? 

sure. of course. of course.

If your son has a chance to see Iron Maiden then by all means let him go. He'll remember it forever, and it might work in your favor during the custody hearings.