Sign in to follow this  
trumpurethra

So whats with all the hulabaloo about abortion?

Banning abortion won’t stop abortions, it will just raise the rate of u safe abortions carried out illegally. In the state where all the siblings knock each other up and really need abortions no less. 

If abortion is about a woman’s right to do what see wants with her body, why is prostitution still illegal?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

If abortion is about a woman’s right to do what see wants with her body, why is prostitution still illegal?

It shouldn’t be.

One woman can’t charge $ to fock her. But two or more people can get paid to fock on camera while somebody else films it and sells the video and that’s fine. :wacko:

Is there anybody in here that actually supports the Alabama law as is? You are certifiably nuts if so. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

From a moral perspective I think the state senators are doing the right thing. (Personally Speaking).

From a political and governance perspective I think not only are they going to far, it will backfire.  A terrible political move.   Not only is Roe v Wade never going to be overturned, going this far at the state level will only light a fire up under the other side furthering the divide and negating any sort of middle ground, actual small wins on the abortion front.

Time

Alabama Governor Kay Ivey signed a bill on Wednesday that would effectively ban abortion in the state, with no exceptions for rape or incest, prompting an outcry from abortion rights activists across the country and setting up a challenge to Roe v. Wade that could result in a Supreme Court battle.

The bill, which passed the Alabama Senate on Tuesday and the House last month, would ban abortion at every stage of pregnancy, with exceptions only if the mother’s life is threatened. It also would make abortion a felony, and doctors could face up to 99 years in prison if convicted.

Ivey has been a vocal opponent of abortion rights. She released a statement about her decision on Wednesday, saying that the legislation “stands as a powerful testament to Alabamians’ deeply held belief that every life is precious and that every life is a sacred gift from God.” She noted that an abortion ban has been part of Alabama law for 100 years, and “at least for the short term, this bill may be similarly unenforceable” in light of Roe v. Wade.

Ivey said that while it is necessary to respect the Supreme Court’s authority, “The sponsors of this bill believe that it is time, once again, for the U.S. Supreme Court to revisit this important matter, and they believe this act may bring about the best opportunity for this to occur.”

The Alabama lawmakers who co-sponsored the anti-abortion bill framed it as an opportunity to take down Roe. “This bill is about challenging Roe v. Wadeand protecting the lives of the unborn because an unborn baby is a person who deserves love and protection,” Alabama state Rep. Terri Collins, who sponsored the bill, said Tuesday night, according to the Washington Post. “This is the way we get where we want to get eventually.”

I wonder what about the court's makeup would make them think it's time to bring a new case to SCOTUS???   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Is there anybody in here that actually supports the Alabama law as is? You are certifiably nuts if so. 

Im not even sure the Original authors and sponsors agree with the law as it stands. They are deliberately trying to get a writ of cert with scotus. The whole thing is designed to go to scotus as an attempt to retry roe versus Wade.

This from the same crowd that keeps saying Hillary lost! Just get over it!

and the worst part is, these guys just play to the ignorant. Heard some guy on fox saying that more children are aborted than die in literally every other type of way to die. I'm going to say no. If I had to guess, he's probably co-opting natural miscarriages or some other nonsense like that.

The problem is, you could Google an answer, but for every one site that says one thing there's another site that says another.

For me bottom line is, you literally can't have something as sweeping as this. I'm sorry, but a cluster of cells smaller than my toenail clippings does not constitute a Life by any measure.

Then add in the fact that America has some of the worst natal fatality rates of any developed Nation. Forcing an 11 year old girl to go through that kind of trauma, physical trauma and physical risk because her daddy raped her? Oh yeah, you guys respect life. Sure you do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

Do you know how many millions of blacks have been aborted since Roe V Wade?  Ooodles.  Minus abortion this country would look like focking Sudan.

I'm just saying if you want to allow the killing of unborn children who never have even been given a chance in life, then also kill all the criminals in prisons around the country who were given a chance and failed. 

Anything I give these guys credit for is at least they're straightforward about it. Unbeknownst to most people is that a series of laws designed just to f with people trying to get an abortion have been past 4 years now. Stupid crap like the hallways must be X inches wide and whatnot. Then you add in that a huge percentage of hospitals are owned by the Catholic Church and they can just flat-out refuse to allow abortions and it gets pretty ridiculous.

Not sure how much of this is true, but there's a bunch of material floating around the net these days about how black women and black society in general have a disproportionate share of abortions. Again, there's so much BS out there I don't know if it's true. But it'd be worth finding out.

Shocking MDC doesn't know what he's talking about. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MDC said:

Also if abortion is murder, why do most pro lifers try to distance themselves from the Jebus freaks who bomb clinics and threaten doctors?

Anyone who claims to be a Christian and bombs clinics etc. in the name of Jesus doesn't know the first thing about Jesus nor being a Christian.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fandandy said:

Do you know how many millions of blacks have been aborted since Roe V Wade?  Ooodles.  Minus abortion this country would look like focking Sudan.

Nationally, there are about 1.3 million abortions each year, which works out to 3,562 abortions each day, 40 percent are black and 29 percent are Latin.

Abortion Accounts for 61% of Black Deaths in America

https://www.breitbar...ths-in-america/ 

3 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

I don't care if chicks get abortions or not, but I want zero of my tax dollars going towards it.

You can claim that tax money is kept seperate in the Planned Parenthood coffers, but we all know that is bullschit.

Also, why is Planned Parenthood taxpayer subsidised when they have millions of extra dollars to donate to Democrats?

Here folks, is the winner!  Crown him.

16 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Nationally, there are about 1.3 million abortions each year, which works out to 3,562 abortions each day, 40 percent are black and 29 percent are Latin.

See? That's the problem. Because even doing a fast Google even our own CDC reports that we're at about 650,000 a year. Which is the lowest rate since roe v Wade.  This is also the number that the economist reports. My thinking being that both of those sources don't really have a dog in the fight.

then adding that the term abortion in some cases includes spontaneous abortions also known as miscarriages. So that definitely skews the numbers.

Would be great to get a handle on the actual numbers.

19 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Exactly.  If you looked at it logically you would assume that the Republicans are pro-choice and the Dems pro-life.  The Dem base has been killing themselves for decades.  There are cities such as New York where more blacks are aborted than born.

I'd like to see it by the numbers.  Is it more common for a black to graduate high school or have an abortion?  

Also, it would be good to not only you know the true number of true induced abortions, but also a breakdown by gestation.

For example, there's a big difference between an eighth month induced abortion versus 20 weeks versus five.

And where are the Al Sharpton's of the world with their retarded black preacher drawl carrying on how They want you to kill your kids so there won't be any more of your kids!!!

The truth doesn't sell as well as the bullshit they've been peddling.

2 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

I have no problem with it and I'm not nuts.  Do you live in Alabama?  If not, why do you care?

26 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Exactly.  If you looked at it logically you would assume that the Republicans are pro-choice and the Dems pro-life.  The Dem base has been killing themselves for decades.  There are cities such as New York where more blacks are aborted than born.

Dems look to limit the existing population, while importing our friends from South of the Border who are more accustomed to being treated like cattle.

I think abortions are terrible and should never happen.

That said, here are the laws that should be put in place...

• If a woman/girl wants to have an abortion, she can... providing that the father agrees to it, but on THEIR own dime.  The cost should be based on the term of the pregnancy at the time the abortion took place.  If you have an abortion, BOTH the mother and father should be required to sign documentation stating that if they mother or father ANY other child and choose abortion again, THEY pay for it, then plead guilty to manslaughter and forced to serve 6 months in prison.  At the time of the second abortion, they lose any eligibility for welfare for 5 years.
  • Update: Abortions can be obtained at no consequence or financial burden for women getting abortions for one of the two following reasons...
    • The mother's health/life is at risk if pregnancy is carried full term
    • The child's life with have severe complications if born, such as (but not limited to): Mental retardation and life altering birth defects to which a relatively normal life could not be obtained, such as (but not limited to): congenital heart defects, but not applicable for loss of limbs.
  • All abortions due to rape, I'm ok with being subsidized by the government... PROVIDING, there is a charge filed.  Even if the accused is unknown.  A girl/woman can not say she was raped then not file a police report.  All men in the "victim's" life (boyfriend, close friends, siblings, and immediate family members), MUST ALL submit DNA samples at that time.  Also, the abortion MUST be performed AFTER a legitimate DNA sample can be performed to confirm paternity did not come from the men listed above.  If that is the case, then abortion is free and clear and no mark against your name.
    • If paternity is proven from the list of men above, then the girl/woman has the following choices...
      • Press forward on the rape charge.
      • Revert to option 1 above - but be charged with a false rape claim.
  • For incest, see option 2 above.
  • Any girl/woman who chooses option 1 above CAN NOT follow through with option 2 above at a later point in time.

Yes, I know my opinions are reasons why I should be the dictator of this country, but I don't believe in dictatorships.  I believe our system works well when emotions are not used to put policies in place.

8 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

I have no problem with it and I'm not nuts.  Do you live in Alabama?  If not, why do you care?

Mostly bc it is deliberately designed to go to scotus.

33 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

you really believe a 12 year old raped by their uncle should be forced to carry a pregnancy? 

6 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

you really believe a 12 year old raped by their uncle should be forced to carry a pregnancy? 

You sicken me with your stereotypes.  

Also, that would obviously be West Virginia.

I’m upset that Republicans are making this an issue right NOW. The left has had NO POLICY that they were talking about that most voters cared about. Because of this, there is a highly contested debate happening L vs R. They were eating themselves before this  

It seems like this is blowback from the Virginia bill when you could kill babies as long as they weren’t crawling yet. 

44 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think abortions are terrible and should never happen.

That said, here are the laws that should be put in place...

• If a woman/girl wants to have an abortion, she can... providing that the father agrees to it, but on THEIR own dime.  The cost should be based on the term of the pregnancy at the time the abortion took place.  If you have an abortion, BOTH the mother and father should be required to sign documentation stating that if they mother or father ANY other child and choose abortion again, THEY pay for it, then plead guilty to manslaughter and forced to serve 6 months in prison.  At the time of the second abortion, they lose any eligibility for welfare for 5 years.
  • All abortions due to rape, I'm ok with being subsidized by the government... PROVIDING, there is a charge filed.  Even if the accused is unknown.  A girl/woman can not say she was raped then not file a police report.  All men in the "victim's" life (boyfriend, close friends, siblings, and immediate family members), MUST ALL submit DNA samples at that time.  Also, the abortion MUST be performed AFTER a legitimate DNA sample can be performed to confirm paternity did not come from the men listed above.  If that is the case, then abortion is free and clear and no mark against your name.
    • If paternity is proven from the list of men above, then the girl/woman has the following choices...
      • Press forward on the rape charge.
      • Revert to option 1 above - but be charged with a false rape claim.
  • For incest, see option 2 above.
  • Any girl/woman who chooses option 1 above CAN NOT follow through with option 2 above at a later point in time.

Yes, I know my opinions are reasons why I should be the dictator of this country, but I don't believe in dictatorships.  I believe our system works well when emotions are not used to put policies in place.

I like how you think!

2 hours ago, nzoner said:

Anyone who claims to be a Christian and bombs clinics etc. in the name of Jesus doesn't know the first thing about Jesus nor being a Christian.

It also happens about as often as the Eagles win a super bowl. Which means almost never. 

On 5/17/2019 at 3:49 PM, avoiding injuries said:

I’m upset that Republicans are making this an issue right NOW. The left has had NO POLICY that they were talking about that most voters cared about. Because of this, there is a highly contested debate happening L vs R. They were eating themselves before this  

It seems like this is blowback from the Virginia bill when you could kill babies as long as they weren’t crawling yet. 

I agree.  Before this Alabama deal, I thought the only chance the Dems have is making the election about Ginsberg, not by name, but about the Supreme Court and overturning Roe v Wade.  I am certain there are loads of don't rock the boat closet pro-choice Republicans who now will be almost forced to vote Dem along with the hoards who may not have even voted.  I think it will hurt Republicans across the board, definitely more than it helps them in the upcoming election.

eta: https://www.dailyrepublic.com/all-dr-news/wires/state-nation-world/democrats-shift-to-seize-on-supreme-court-as-2020-campaign-issue/

• Like 1

I support life.  My wife and I practiced natural family planning since before we were married 25+ years ago.  We made one mistake which brought us a wonderful daughter. I oppose the death penalty despite being a conservatard. I oppose abortion but if one of my daughters became pregnant today, I would tell her that we would do everything to help her raise the child, but in the end it is her choice.

I'm not getting any younger and I increasingly appreciate the precious gift of life.

18 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

:cheers:

The problem with this is it encourages unnatural behavior, specifically the incentive to file rape charges in order to get an abortion. 

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The problem with this is it encourages unnatural behavior, specifically the incentive to file rape charges in order to get an abortion. 

That's why I put in there that men in her life need to submit to DNA tests and that the abortion can not take place until a DNA sample can be obtained from the baby to determine paternity.  If she claims she was raped and paternity shows a member who was tested, then she has decisions to make (as listed in my original post).

When filing a police report, there needs to be a time frame of the rape and a doctor's visit.  I wouldn't be opposed to having a time frame to which she can report a rape.  She can't wait 5 months to report the rape.  That kind of thing.  I also wouldn't be opposed to the woman being required to have every child she ever has being sustainable to a DNA test as well as their father.  Meaning, if she gets knocked up and has a kid who turns out to be the father of future children, then she's got decisions to make... i.e., the one's I mentioned in my original post.

4 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

Which is worse in your opinion:

1. Post birth abortion aka murder

2. No abortion under any circumstances 

36 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I support life.  My wife and I practiced natural family planning since before we were married 25+ years ago.  We made one mistake which brought us a wonderful daughter. I oppose the death penalty despite being a conservatard. I oppose abortion but if one of my daughters became pregnant today, I would tell her that we would do everything to help her raise the child, but in the end it is her choice.

I'm not getting any younger and I increasingly appreciate the precious gift of life.

You don’t support the death penalty at all? What about for serial rapists/murders?

39 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

precious gift of life.

Aw, that sounds beautiful. The precious gift of life.

News flash - life ain't so precious.  Scum have kids and those kids turn out to be scum who exponentially create more scum.  People die left and right from murder, wars, accidents and horrible diseases.  Yet there's still way too damn many of us and the vast numbers are destroying the world around us.  Sorry, I don't see what's so "precious" about human life.

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

You don’t support the death penalty at all? What about for serial rapists/murders?

Nope.  Also I'd be surprised if rape is a capital offense in any states.  Same with kidnapping.  You don't want to have the perp be incentivized to kill his victims, since he would have nothing to lose.  Which leads me to the one thing that gives me pause on my position -- is there a sufficient disincentive to the death penalty to rationalize keeping it?  I haven't studied it so for now I'll stick with let's not have the government kill its citizens.  If anyone has data to the contrary I'm open to exploring it.  My position is admittedly not a super strong one.  :cheers:

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

Aw, that sounds beautiful. The precious gift of life.

News flash - life ain't so precious.  Scum have kids and those kids turn out to be scum who exponentially create more scum.  People die left and right from murder, wars, accidents and horrible diseases.  Yet there's still way too damn many of us and the vast numbers are destroying the world around us.  Sorry, I don't see what's so "precious" about human life.

Well then eat a bullet.  :thumbsup:  Oh wait, I'm guessing YOUR life is precious.  How'd I do?

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Well then eat a bullet.  :thumbsup:  Oh wait, I'm guessing YOUR life is precious.  How'd I do?

My life isn't precious either.  Nobody's life is when there's  7.5 billion of us....

other than future Hall of Fame QB Josh Rosen who's about to bring glory back to Miami. 

16 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Which is worse in your opinion:

1. Post birth abortion aka murder

2. No abortion under any circumstances 

Do you apply similar deduction to your stance on the death penalty?

Is the possibility of putting an innocent man to death worse than no death penalty?

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Nope.  Also I'd be surprised if rape is a capital offense in any states.  Same with kidnapping.  You don't want to have the perp be incentivized to kill his victims, since he would have nothing to lose.  Which leads me to the one thing that gives me pause on my position -- is there a sufficient disincentive to the death penalty to rationalize keeping it?  I haven't studied it so for now I'll stick with let's not have the government kill its citizens.  If anyone has data to the contrary I'm open to exploring it.  My position is admittedly not a super strong one.  :cheers:

Yeah I definitely don’t agree with you on that but I get your point. Rape/murder especially involving the elderly or children I'm 100% okay with blowing their brains out. And quick. Conviction to death no more than a year. 

4 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

maybe they are just going so far the other way like what the left nutjobs are doing? basically where you can stab a live baby on the delivery table.