Sign in to follow this  
trumpurethra

So whats with all the hulabaloo about abortion?

Wiff, you should have saddled up and watched the 3:58 minute, intolerably long video.

WaPo: Gives the 3% stat 3 Pinocchios

Slate: The Most Meaningless Abortion Statistic Ever

When someone goes into PP for an abortion, they'll get more services than just the abortion. Those other services, like for example, a pregnancy test, which you can pick up for under $10 at Target, are weighted the same as the abortion procedure for that 3% stat. Cost, INTENT of visit, and the effort it takes to conduct the service do not factor into the equation. Your abortion procedure is on par with someone chucking you a pack of contraceptives for that stat. Abortion patients get STI tested.

The video gives a couple analogies of what representing what you do in that manner would look like for other industries.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

I mean, these guys provide a breakdown every year. Seems pretty transparent:

Sexually transmitted infection/disease testing and treatment: 4,470,597

Contraception: 3,577,348

Cancer screening and prevention: 935,573

Pregnancy tests: 1,128,783

Abortions: 327,653

Prenatal services: 18,684

Family practice services: 65,464

Adoption referrals: 1,880

Urinary tract infection treatments: 47,264

Other: 17,187

Based on this list, it’s accurate that abortion procedures only count for 3 percent of all services provided, meaning 97 percent of the services Planned Parenthood provides are other forms of reproductive and primary care. By far, contraception and STI/STD testing and treatment are the most frequented services.

Dude, please don't be as naive as that clown Honcho. You don't want to be in that type of company.

Wait a tic - 

who the hell goes in to get an abortion and a pregnancy test?

"Uh ?darlin, That horse done runned out the barn already..."

I'm not sure what the rationale is outside of the obvious instances - coming in for a medication abortion and being early in, being overweight, etc. But it does sound like it's a part of the procedure in all cases. I don't know enough about them, but I wonder if they classify hCG (hormone) tests which are powerful enough to detect a possible miscarriage as pregnancy tests. 

You might know it would be one of these southern redneck states that would pass this ridiculous law. A woman should not have to carry a baby to term that is the product of rape or incest. The bible thumpers wouldn't feel this way if it was their daughter or sister being raped. Of course incest is all okay with the inbreed hillbillies down south.

• Thanks 2

when you look at the numbers, 90% of abortions occur already in the first 12 weeks. That doesn't mean ALL at 12 weeks. It means some are done in the first 3 weeks then 4 weeks then five weeks Etc.

For reference in comparison, the world's earliest preterm birth to survive was 22 weeks. So what the hell are you actually fighting for?

Passing these Draconian laws is absurd.

If Christians have to memorize the Lord's Prayer, they should also be expected to learn and remember what a blastocyst is. Because it sure as f*** isn't a baby. Nor a fetus.

If you're really about saving lives, pass a law that isn't designed to be immediately challenged and stayed in lower courts. 90%. That's a damn good number. That's s hill worth dying on - but you likely wouldn't have to as most would support restricting abortions after that time frame - with exceptions.

Again, when you look at all the things that can go wrong during a pregnancy, anyone that's going to potentially require my 15 year old raped daughter to carry to full term can suck my royal blue weiner.

• Like 1

The goal with this legislation is to get it back in the states hands, not make it illegal. And the result will be that ghetto babies in blue states will still be murdered in the mothers womb, and slack jaw rednecks in the red states will live and grow up and join the army or become strippers. Win win. 

When it comes to defining when life begins, what makes intrinsic sense to me, not that I expect it to for others, is when the process begins. Once the union it takes, happens, life is happening. The destruction of embryos in the IVF industry bothers me, fertilizing eggs in a lab and then gene editing human embryos, sometimes with stem cells from other species (though more often it's the other way around) bothers me.

Not sure how other people feel out where their theoretical line is. I can intellectually 'get', though not relate to, drawing the line after birth. Anywhere else though, I'm curious to hear the thoughts.

• Like 1

wiff fwiw, each abortion procedure consists of approximately 8 different office visits all related to the abortion it self.  They only count the actually killing of the baby in their abortion stat

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

wiff fwiw, each abortion procedure consists of approximately 8 different office visits all related to the abortion it self.  They only count the actually killing of the baby in their abortion stat

Exactly. Crushing the baby's skull and vaccuming out the remains only counts for one procedure. Fun with numbers! 

I love this bored. Day after day Geeks beetch about black people and welfare. Now they want to ban abortion cause it kills black and poor people. :overhead:

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

I love this bored. Day after day Geeks beetch about black people and welfare. Now they want to ban abortion cause it kills black and poor people. :overhead:

Is an "I support black abortions" tshirt racist? Or pro choice? :dunno:

20 minutes ago, MDC said:

As I said earlier, I don't want to ban all abortions. As I've also said here before, we need to figure out how to get the inner city communities to get their houses in order.  Letting them fock like animals and giving them easy, free abortions doesn't incentivize them to do so.  We need to figure out how to make it somewhat more difficult. The current process is the liberal way -- let's use tax dollars to keep the animals under control and in their hoods so that we can live safely in our suburban houses and feel smug that we've helped them.  :thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

As I said earlier, I don't want to ban all abortions. As I've also said here before, we need to figure out how to get the inner city communities to get their houses in order.  Letting them fock like animals and giving them easy, free abortions doesn't incentivize them to do so.  We need to figure out how to make it somewhat more difficult. The current process is the liberal way -- let's use tax dollars to keep the animals under control and in their hoods so that we can live safely in our suburban houses and feel smug that we've helped them.  :thumbsup:

I wasn’t responding to anything you said. :dunno:

I don’t believe putting limits on abortion is going to incentivize people to stop focking like animals. They’re going to fock like animals anyway. All limiting abortion is going to do is force the people who really shouldn’t be having and don’t want kids to have kids. Then we’re all going to be footing the bill for it in social services, welfare, food stamps, the criminal justice system etc.

• Thanks 1

So abort babies because they are expensive, but bring babies and small children across the border. Ok. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t believe putting limits on abortion is going to incentivize people to stop focking like animals. They’re going to fock like animals anyway. All limiting abortion is going to do is force the people who really shouldn’t be having and don’t want kids to have kids. Then we’re all going to be footing the bill for it in social services, welfare, food stamps, the criminal justice system etc.

I didn't say you responded to me; I just responded as a representative anti-abortion conservatard of this bored.  :cheers:

The bolded is at the core of the difference between your and my beliefs.  You have given up on them and accepted them as animals.  I would like to pursue avenues to get them to NOT be animals.  I'm not saying I have the answer.  But it is worth investigating.  :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I didn't say you responded to me; I just responded as a representative anti-abortion conservatard of this bored.  :cheers:

The bolded is at the core of the difference between your and my beliefs.  You have given up on them and accepted them as animals.  I would like to pursue avenues to get them to NOT be animals.  I'm not saying I have the answer.  But it is worth investigating.  :thumbsup:

That’s where you’re wrong. I’m fully in favor of sex education and free / heavily subsidized birth control particularly for minors. I haven’t given up on them, I just find your solution to be hopelessly naive. :cheers: 

I should also say “animals” was your word and I was just playing along. I think of even inner city youth as fully human. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, MDC said:

That’s where you’re wrong. I’m fully in favor of sex education and free / heavily subsidized birth control particularly for minors. I haven’t given up on them, I just find your solution to be hopelessly naive. :cheers: 

I should also say “animals” was your word and I was just playing along. I think of even inner city youth as fully human. :thumbsup:

When did humans become non-animals?

15 minutes ago, sderk said:

When did humans become non-animals?

“Fock like animals” seems tO imply that they’re not, am I right?

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

“Fock like animals” seems tO imply that they’re not, am I right?

Yeah. Probably inferred that human "animals" are those that don't use logic or social reason in their actions. Or rather that they just don't give a crap about logic or social reason. Maybe morals don't count, which is probably the argument here. 

And next century people will look back on the abortion leaders of today as barbaric killers and will start removing their name from all statues, buildings, bridges, libraries, etc.

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

And next century people will look back on the abortion leaders of today as barbaric killers and will start removing their name from all statues, buildings, bridges, libraries, etc.

We can only hope they start removing all symbols and vestiges of the Democrat Party sooner than that.

17 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

We can only hope they start removing all symbols and vestiges of the Democrat Party sooner than that.

The Dems already started, all the Confederate Statues being removed are Democrats. I think they are trying to clean up their image for the next round of morons that they hope will follow them.

30 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The Dems already started, all the Confederate Statues being removed are Democrats. I think they are trying to clean up their image for the next round of morons that they hope will follow them.

It has been amazing to see a major political party undergo such a radical change for the worse in such a short period of time. Even an old guard democrat like Biden has to defer to the nut jobs to have a chance. 

3 hours ago, MDC said:

Spot. On.

Honestly, why can't we leave it at 20 weeks?

I showed you the story of the earliest premature survival and that was 22 weeks for Pete's sake.

Talk about extremist. It's these nut jobs who think that life begins some around the appetizer course that are taking this to the wildest freaking extreme. But but but they're babies! No, they're step-over masturbatory emissions.

45 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I showed you the story of the earliest premature survival and that was 22 weeks for Pete's sake.

Talk about extremist. It's these nut jobs who think that life begins some around the appetizer course that are taking this to the wildest freaking extreme. But but but they're babies! No, they're step-over masturbatory emissions.

That would work for me. 20 weeks is well long enough to notice you are pregnant and do it if you're gonna.

I would also be totally on board with making said abortion free of charge. Pay a nickel now or a dollar later. If a girl doesn't have an abortion because she can't pay, we will end up paying for her prenatal care, delivery, and a host of other services for the next 18 years. Not to mention that kids eventual unwanted spawn. 

I think that we also have to clarify what happens in the event of a non-viable fetus.  If we find out at 20+ weeks that a fetus is no longer viable (missing brain, no spine, other catastrophic issue), are we allowing an "abortion" or are we requiring the mother to carry that fetus all the way to 40 weeks?

For any "elective" abortion or in the case of incest/rape, I would think that they could make that determination by 20 weeks.  I would hope that they could make that determination sooner, so even if they went to 16 weeks, I would be okay with that, so long as the non-viable fetus issue is addressed.  

A debate on when it is OK to terminate a human life. 

Why are are so many pro abortion backers also anti death penalty and pro open borders?

10 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Why are are so many pro abortion backers also anti death penalty and pro open borders?

Not sure why or even if the statement is true.  I am for a woman's right to choose, but also for the death penalty and think that we can't afford to just let people come across our borders without serious limits. :dunno:

15 hours ago, wiffleball said:

because the left doesnt stop at 20, in your own fricking home state its 34 weeks

34 WEEKS

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

because the left doesnt stop at 20, in your own fricking home state its 34 weeks

34 WEEKS

I DGAF what any of these people say. At 34 weeks that baby is feeling pain and fighting for it's life. Prove me wrong. 

PragerU has a good video on abortion. 

There is no amount of arguing you can do with a leftist about this to sway their opinion. Their opinion is based on the fact that a human fetus isn’t a human life. They’re wrong. 

Third trimester abortion starts at 8:00

If you are okay with that there is something mentally wrong with you. 

50 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Not sure why or even if the statement is true.  I am for a woman's right to choose, but also for the death penalty and think that we can't afford to just let people come across our borders without serious limits. :dunno:

The Democratic Party is Pro Abortion, Anti-Death Penalty, and Pro Open Borders. HTH

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I'm all for personal accountability.  Meaning, I'm pro-life.  You want an abortion, fine, you pay for it.  I'm fine with the death penalty.  It's a penalty based on YOUR actions, not someone else's.  I'm not for open boarders.  You want to come here, fine, we allow people to come here every year and become citizens legally.  Take that route, and I'll welcome you.  Choose to circumvent that route, then I have no problem showing you the exit.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

PragerU has a good video on abortion. 

There is no amount of arguing you can do with a leftist about this to sway their opinion. Their opinion is based on the fact that a human fetus isn’t a human life. They’re wrong. 

And a blastocycst and a zygote isn't a fetus.

Basic organic science. But the loons would have you believe sentience begins shortly after the first kiss.

14 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Pro choice, pro death penalty, and closed borders guy here, so can't help you. 

Why are so many pro life people so vehemently opposed to doing anything to support said life once it's born, and totally cool with wars and the death penalty? Is life sacred or not?

6 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Pro choice, pro death penalty, and closed borders guy here, so can't help you. 

Why are so many pro life people so vehemently opposed to doing anything to support said life once it's born, and totally cool with wars and the death penalty? Is life sacred or not?

What does the left do for them once they are born? Send them to shitty schools they run and have been running for 50 years? Have them live in crime infested ghettos they have been running for 60 years? Have them live in run down public housing? Yeah, pro choicers certainly provide so much.