Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

Peaky Fuckin Blinders

:headbanger:

I'm two episodes into the first season, does it get better? Not a ton of character depth and everything seems very predictable.

16 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I'm two episodes into the first season, does it get better? Not a ton of character depth and everything seems very predictable.

Yeah. It does. And then it doesn’t. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. It does. And then it doesn’t. 

Are you glad you watched it or not worth it?

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

Are you glad you watched it or not worth it?

Worth it. But it’s not like it’s the Sopranos or GOT. A bit overhyped but still good. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 1:04 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Worth it. But it’s not like it’s the Sopranos or GOT. A bit overhyped but still good. 

I put Peaky Blinders on pause after you made this comment and started The Sopranos for the first time. For whatever reason I thought this show was produced early 90s to late 90s, not at the same time they were making The Wire. Anyways, great show. Couple episodes into season 3. They just killed Pu$$y and Tony's mom died. Seems they are starting to focus more on the police investigating them in S3 and is reminding me a lot of The Wire. Uncle Junior and Chris are my favorite characters. Also never knew the chick from Sons of Anarchy was solid focking 10 back in the day.

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I put Peaky Blinders on pause after you made this comment and started The Sopranos for the first time. For whatever reason I thought this show was produced early 90s to late 90s, not at the same time they were making The Wire. Anyways, great show. Couple episodes into season 3. They just killed Pu$$y and Tony's mom died. Seems they are starting to focus more on the police investigating them in S3 and is reminding me a lot of The Wire. Uncle Junior and Chris are my favorite characters. Also never knew the chick from Sons of Anarchy was solid focking 10 back in the day.

Yeah, I knew you did that. I hacked into your Netflix account. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, I knew you did that. I hacked into your Netflix account. 

🤯

The last season of peaky blinders was a bit of a disappointment. It just seemed all over the place. Almost has a game of thrones season 8 vibe where the show runners iljust wanted to get it over with so they just crammed all kinds of ridiculous s*** into it that didn't make any sense.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

The last season of peaky blinders was a bit of a disappointment. It just seemed all over the place. Almost has a game of thrones season 8 vibe where the show runners iljust wanted to get it over with so they just crammed all kinds of ridiculous s*** into it that didn't make any sense.

The death of Aunt Pol actress probably played into that a bit as they needed to scrap any story lines involving her character. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I couldn't get into it because I thought the acting was very average, everything is predictable and it's a bit over dramatized. Doesn't seem genuine or believable at all. If HBO produced Peaky Blinders it would an all time great, but it's made by Netflix so it's copypasta bullsh!t.

23 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I think they were more concerned with figuring out a way to set up the plot for the movie they are supposed to be making.  

46 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

If HBO produced Peaky Blinders it would an all time great, but it's made by Netflix so it's copypasta bullsh!t.

it’s not made by Netflix 

it’s only considered Netflix original because they bought the rights to air it exclusively in the US

its a BBC original show

and the acting is well above average. The final season left a bit to be desired but overall it’s a great show. 

48 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

it’s not made by Netflix 

it’s only considered Netflix original because they bought the rights to air it exclusively in the US

its a BBC original show

and the acting is well above average. The final season left a bit to be desired but overall it’s a great show. 

It's still not of the same quality as an HBO series, not even close. I need good writing.