Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

Batwoman trailer. Cringe level 10/10

The HERo we need. 🤣

Was there ever a batwoman comic, or is this just the latest in the female reboot craze? 

Edit: just actually watched that trailer... Bonus points for being a lesbian. She probably converts to Islam at some point in order to check that box as well. 

• Haha 1

I realize the girl power angle is why it’s being posted here....and even as a liberal relative to this board, my instinct is to roll my eyes at some of the lines in the trailer. 

That said....after seeing the way my daughter reacted to Captain Marvel, compared to the way she reacted watching about 8 other super hero movies with her boy cousins, it hit me a little differently. 

As for this show....it’ll sink or swim based on quality. I liked Ruby Rose in Wick 2 and even XXX. The girl power angle may buy it a few more eyeballs for a week or two, and that’s half the battle in trying to get a show off the ground. 

• Thanks 1

Isn’t the point of releasing a trailer to make a movie so compelling that you that you feel a great urge to see it?

• Like 1

I dont see the problem...the gotham series was good.  Ill give this a watch.  Supergirls sister is a carpet muncher...i love lesbians tbh.  🤟✊🍑🍑

17 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I realize the girl power angle is why it’s being posted here....and even as a liberal relative to this board, my instinct is to roll my eyes at some of the lines in the trailer. 

That said....after seeing the way my daughter reacted to Captain Marvel, compared to the way she reacted watching about 8 other super hero movies with her boy cousins, it hit me a little differently. 

As for this show....it’ll sink or swim based on quality. I liked Ruby Rose in Wick 2 and even XXX. The girl power angle may buy it a few more eyeballs for a week or two, and that’s half the battle in trying to get a show off the ground. 

I agree that girls also need their own heroes to relate to (i.e. women) and I'm okay with this.  The trailer was just OK and I certainly won't be watching but that's fine.  Also, Ruby Rose is probably 90 lbs soaking wet so I'm having a hard time believing she's going to be able to fight men in hand to hand combat and win.  Maybe that's just me.  I think this concept is hard to accept for men in general considering we're the far bigger and stronger sex.

The issue I have with Hollywood in general is pushing lifestyles that comprise 3% of the population or less and making it seem like it's 95% of the population.  These are minority groups for a reason - hardly no one lives that lifestyle so we shouldn't need to have a them in every single movie or TV show because it checks some boxes and makes them feel good for virtue signalling purposes.  Stop pushing your agendas on us.

Also, if they are going to show these alternative lifestyles then maybe they should represent them appropriately.  When was the last time anyone saw two hot lesbians in real life other than pron movies?  Those unicorns don't exist.

Edited to add:  I'm all for hot lesbians, though.  :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

No one cares that it’s a woman lead. It’s the propaganda and the cringy lines. Why can’t little girls like women characters who actually have substance and isn’t based on what’s between their legs?

55 minutes ago, DonS said:

Was there ever a batwoman comic, or is this just the latest in the female reboot craze? 

Edit: just actually watched that trailer... Bonus points for being a lesbian. She probably converts to Islam at some point in order to check that box as well. 

As I recall, she's an older character (60s? 70s?) that nobody gave a shiite about. DC hopped on the diversity train early and rebooted her as a lesbian maybe 15 years ago.

But, still, nobody gives a shiite about her.

55 minutes ago, DonS said:

Dammit. Just realized they also tossed in that the lesbians are an interracial couple.  Ding ding ding!  BINGO!!! 

8 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

No one cares that it’s a woman lead. It’s the propaganda and the cringy lines. Why can’t little girls like women characters who actually have substance and isn’t based on what’s between their legs?

This.

First of all, write a strong female hero character. Don't just make a show of some half ass femmed version of a pre existing male superhero.

And in order to be a strong female hero character, she needs to be strong first, female second. Not the other way around. 

14 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I agree that girls also need their own heroes to relate to (i.e. women) and I'm okay with this. 

Growing up I saw a fair amount of superhero stuff in passing because of my brothers. The one character I liked and movie I actually wanted to watch in full was The Punisher. Thomas Jane was pretty easy on the eyes but the whole vibe of that one was somehow different.

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

OMG - a show that doesn't cater specifically to white males....the world is ending.   

Really dumb comment. 

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

OMG - a show that doesn't cater specifically to white males....the world is ending.   

I have zero problem with them pandering to any other group. The problem is that they do it in a half ass non creative way. Bat girl? Come the fock on. 

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Well, we tried to have intelligent conversation in this thread but then Honcho an MDC showed up, ruining yet another one.

2 minutes ago, naomi said:

Growing up I saw a fair amount of superhero stuff in passing because of my brothers. The one character I liked and movie I actually wanted to watch in full was The Punisher. Thomas Jane was pretty easy on the eyes but the whole vibe of that one was somehow different.

Punisher is awesome.  Have you watched the series on Netflix?

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Well, we tried to have intelligent conversation in this thread but then Honcho showed up, ruining another one.

Oh man, you should have saved this for Friday laughs.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

17 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Punisher is awesome.  Have you watched the series on Netflix?

No. I'll check it out :thumbsup:

I tried to find a show on Thursday night because I haven't watched anything for a really long time; need an outlet to vege out.

So I started watching "Roswell, New Mexico" because I kinda liked the teenage drama Roswell back in the day. Turns outs it's heavily inspired by it.

But in the first episode, the main character has several anti-Trump quips (if you haven't watched TV for a long time, it's just weird) and she wants her dad, a successful cafe owner, to move to a "sanctuary city" because there's an uptick in ICE activity. Her old flame stayed in Roswell and became a cop, and he has to defend his choice to go into LE to her. What allows her to accept it finally is that he voices he didn't go into it to tear families apart.

Then, one of the main original Roswell characters, the tough, edgy, heterosexual, misfit who was always ultimately loyal, winds up letting all of his angst go, at the end of the pilot, the moment he passionately kisses another guy.

So then I watched the show about the Sac Co. jail.

18 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I have zero problem with them pandering to any other group. The problem is that they do it in a half ass non creative way. Bat girl? Come the fock on. 

So is this simply Batgirl but with the name changed to woman? Or was there also a separate Batwoman character at some point?  I admittedly don't know much beyond the standard DC characters. 

Hold on a sec... Did Robin finally transition? 

^That guy, Lucas, was hilarious during the Jussie Smollet stuff.

54 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

As for this show....it’ll sink or swim based on quality. I liked Ruby Rose in Wick 2 and even XXX. 

Seeing JW3 tomorrow! :pointstosky:

Not sure that too many everyday women/girls really care much about this, but I do agree, come up with something original. It's a little embarrassing. No need to just put a female stamp on celebrated male-lead stuff. That doesn't really communicate "strength" as it feels petty.

Hopefully it's more a symptom of lacking original-with iconic-potential creations in general.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

The issue I have with Hollywood in general is pushing lifestyles that comprise 3% of the population or less and making it seem like it's 95% of the population.  These are minority groups for a reason - hardly no one lives that lifestyle so we shouldn't need to have a them in every single movie or TV show because it checks some boxes and makes them feel good for virtue signalling purposes.  Stop pushing your agendas on us.

this this this and all this.

I could not agree more.

It's like I've said about commercials these days. It used to be smart woman goofy stupid guy. Now, literally every single commercial I see with a couple? There is one " of color " and one normal person.

That's just not realistic. It's not representative of society. Mixed-race marriages are still the exception and not the norm in literally every single ethnicity.

So stop making it seem like that is the rule and not the exception.

• Like 1

Related to the trailer, one thing that I think we haven't started seeing manifest yet is all these girls are being told and shown that they can beat the s*** out of guys and no longer two movies try to force the Paradigm of female hero fights female bad guy. They're mixing genders there too. So now the boys are starting to see boys kick the s*** out of female characters too.

... I have a sneaky suspicion that is going to come back and bite sjws in the ass.

You want to break down traditional gender roles? You ones who shattered gender paradigms? You want to fight the patriarchy? Yeah, just wait till patriarchy starts beating the s*** out of women. The only took generations to try to put an end to that.

You want to be treated as equals? Yeah, careful what you wish for babe.

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

I have two daughters. The oldest is into girly stuff like unicorns, my little pony, barbie etc... My problem with this garbage is the writers think in order to lift someone up they have to put someone else down e.g. Batman a man. You don't see Batman running around saying things like this is a mans job. I don't want no weak woman getting credit for it. The message goes both ways. We are teacher our girls to be strong, but you have to make sure you take a man down. That's the message to the boys watching this. You're not prefect, a woman in the bat costume is perfect.

This is why people already hate batwoman. As a man why should I like her when clearly she hates me. secondly why would a straight woman like her? She clearly hates men and lives a completely different life style. 

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I have two daughters. The oldest is into girly stuff like unicorns, my little pony, barbie etc... My problem with this garbage is the writers think in order to lift someone up they have to put someone else down e.g. Batman a man. You don't see Batman running around saying things like this is a mans job. I don't want no weak woman getting credit for it. The message goes both ways. We are teacher our girls to be strong, but you have to make sure you take a man down. That's the message to the boys watching this. You're not prefect, a woman in the bat costume is perfect.

This is why people already hate batwoman. As a man why should I like her when clearly she hates me. secondly why would a straight woman like her? She clearly hates men and lives a completely different life style. 

Holy snowflake. :lol:

54 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

This.

First of all, write a strong female hero character. Don't just make a show of some half ass femmed version of a pre existing male superhero.

And in order to be a strong female hero character, she needs to be strong first, female second. Not the other way around. 

This is somewhat what I meant when I said it will sink or swim based on the quality of the show. 

15 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Generally speaking.....Punching up never bothers me. Punching down, I take issue with quicker. That’s not to say punching up can’t be taken way too far, but I give it more leeway. 

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Well, we tried to have intelligent conversation in this thread but then Honcho an MDC showed up, ruining yet another one.

Typical, Honcho will be back around to tell you how you stupid you are shortly.

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Well said.

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

The funny part is I hadn’t even posted in this thread when you said this. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The show will tank. And we will all laugh and say I told you so. There’s only so much PC bullsh1t you can do before it becomes stale. 

Speaking of super girl, it is MAJORLY PC. As in, they are making aliens on earth to “mimic” illegal aliens in America with people hating them, discriminating against them, telling them to go back to their home, etc. They also had to have Supergirls sister transition away from liking guys to being a major lesbian. Had the leader of the organization be a black man and then when that wasn’t enough they made Supergirls lesbian sister the leader and gave her a lesbian haircut. Then the person from the government who was in charge of a lot of things including the secret government group supergirl and her sister are in is a black woman. The agency they work for then decided “guns aren’t needed in order for us to catch the bad aliens who are killing people and are trying to kill us”. So they destroyed all their guns. 

And the kicker? They introduced a trans person (was a guy but identifies as a girl) come on the show to be a badass superhero 

13 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

The show will tank. And we will all laugh and say I told you so. There’s only so much PC bullsh1t you can do before it becomes stale. 

Speaking of super girl, it is MAJORLY PC. As in, they are making aliens on earth to “mimic” illegal aliens in America with people hating them, discriminating against them, telling them to go back to their home, etc. They also had to have Supergirls sister transition away from liking guys to being a major lesbian. Had the leader of the organization be a black man and then when that wasn’t enough they made Supergirls lesbian sister the leader and gave her a lesbian haircut. Then the person from the government who was in charge of a lot of things including the secret government group supergirl and her sister are in is a black woman. The agency they work for then decided “guns aren’t needed in order for us to catch the bad aliens who are killing people and are trying to kill us”. So they destroyed all their guns. 

And the kicker? They introduced a trans person (was a guy but identifies as a girl) come on the show to be a badass superhero 

I gave up on the show at the end of season 2 when they went full TDS and made an alien invasion force into a Trump allegory with a complete lack of subtlety ("They're saying they will make Earth great again" ... "But we will continue to resist").

And apparently not seeing the irony in that at all.

10 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

I gave up on the show at the end of season 2 when they went full TDS and made an alien invasion force into a Trump allegory with a complete lack of subtlety ("They're saying they will make Earth great again" ... "But we will continue to resist").

And apparently not seeing the irony in that at all.

Yep. My wife likes it cause it’s about supergirl but hates the PC bullsh1t they push on it 

I like SuperGirls sister. She was on Gays Anatomy. 

Boy, there are some vixen pics of her back on the day. Wowsers

That's my kind of lez. 

Ooh, maybe she could wrastle a new villain: Lez Luther. 

:wub: