Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Pop Music: science says its getting louder, less complex, and more repetitive

Just to get on the record yet again. The same thing I've said for years. Auto-tune exists for no talent negroes like Kanye west.

Check out most of the music put up by 90% of black pop artists these days. It's auto-tuned.

Sure, there are individuals in other demographics who do so, but it is just across the board when you look at the most popular black music.

• Thanks 2

Like most other threads here, seems like a bunch of old angry white dudes bitching about "how everything was better in my day." 

If you can't find good music today, that is 100% your own fault.  There are many, many services online that will curate music that fits your tastes and inject it right into your ears. Hundreds of millions of songs are available on demand, often for free or minimal charge. I've found more great music in the last 5 years than at any other time of my life. Hint: I sure as fuk don't hear it on the radio.

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

Like most other threads here, seems like a bunch of old angry white dudes bitching about "how everything was better in my day." 

If you can't find good music today, that is 100% your own fault.  There are many, many services online that will curate music that fits your tastes and inject it right into your ears. Hundreds of millions of songs are available on demand, often for free or minimal charge. I've found more great music in the last 5 years than at any other time of my life. Hint: I sure as fuk don't hear it on the radio.

It’s about Pop music dumbass, not what you have to look for. So eager to throw out your boring, generic criticism because you don’t like some peoples politics.  Such an obvious, simple doooosh.  

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 5:38 PM, RLLD said:

Yeah, maybe, but I doubt that was his intent.  It is just the bumbling nature of government.  Imagine a toddler that is 20 ft tall trying to do just anything, that is government....

On 4/30/2021 at 7:06 PM, Cdub100 said:

Did the same thing to the media. I was a huge Bill Clinton fan but the damage he's done to this country is finally being seen.

It was the Telecommunications Act of 1996.  The music industry apparently was wide open... something like 50 or 60 labels existed.  The reason for that was because what was in place, restricted major corporations from getting involved.  The Communications Act removed that law and the result was that major corporations came in and either bought up the smaller labels or priced them out of the industry.  In the end, there was pretty much only like 6 or 7 companies controlling everything instead of like 50 or 60 all having a small piece and no one, being able to control anything.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It was the Telecommunications Act of 1996.  The music industry apparently was wide open... something like 50 or 60 labels existed.  The reason for that was because what was in place, restricted major corporations from getting involved.  The Communications Act removed that law and the result was that major corporations came in and either bought up the smaller labels or priced them out of the industry.  In the end, there was pretty much only like 6 or 7 companies controlling everything instead of like 50 or 60 all having a small piece and no one, being able to control anything.

Yup exactly what we have now 6 media oligopolies. 

Bill Clinton is the best friend the oligarchs ever had. 

On 4/30/2021 at 7:27 PM, SUXBNME said:

So many of you are becoming your parents. :(
Music is subjective and always will be. 
I, for one , hate the route that hip hop is going down with auto tune. That's just me. 

What I do like about some newer songs in other genres is the way they seem to be coming back to my favorite style of music. High Energy and fun. 
The below may or may not fit the bill, but Corey Taylor (Slipknot fame) has a new album out that just reeks rock but not in a doom and gloom way like those pissheads Nirvana did. 
Yes, I'm a big Offspring fan too. Talent wise, they're not all that, but I just love the arrangement of their songs.

For technical, John Petrucci put out a solo with Portnoy a bit ago and the whole album is just beautiful to me.  
I can't find a link of Petrucci doing it himself, so here's a vid of an incredibly talented young man doing the cover.  
Just insane

Petrucci + Portnoy = :banana:

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 12:42 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s about Pop music dumbass, not what you have to look for. So eager to throw out your boring, generic criticism because you don’t like some peoples politics.  Such an obvious, simple doooosh.  

HFS you are a brainwashed butt dild0. Where did I bring up politics? READ HARDER AND POST LESS. We don't care about every random thought that crosses through your tiny, addled void that may once have passed as a reasonable facsimile of a brain. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Fnord said:

HFS you are a brainwashed butt dild0. Where did I bring up politics? READ HARDER AND POST LESS. We don't care about every random thought that crosses through your tiny, addled void that may once have passed as a reasonable facsimile of a brain. 

Yeah. Again, the subject was pop music. Stick to the subject. You lashing out otherwise shows what you’re about. So simple. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. Again, the subject was pop music. Stick to the subject. You lashing out otherwise shows what you’re about. So simple. 

🤣 HT calls someone simple for doing the exact same thing he just got done doing. Self awareness is a thing, and you are blissfully lacking it. You're the perfect little example of those that share most of your ridiculous,  thoughtless views. Sometimes stereotypes are dead on. Simple indeed.

32 minutes ago, Fnord said:

🤣 HT calls someone simple for doing the exact same thing he just got done doing. Self awareness is a thing, and you are blissfully lacking it. You're the perfect little example of those that share most of your ridiculous,  thoughtless views. Sometimes stereotypes are dead on. Simple indeed.

Completely wrong, yet sticking to it. I give you the today’s left. 

Less Complex Repetitive Songs

She Loves You Yeah Yeah Yeah

I Wanna Hold Your Hand

Oh Blah Dee Oh Blah Dah