Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Parabellum with spoilers

Just got out!!

Wow...everything you want and more!!  Settting up for a 4th movie against the high table.

5 solid fight scenes!!   Great use of knives and shotguns...

Dogs!!!

Solid humor!!!

2 thumbs up!!!

Awesome movie. Many stylish and clever fight scenes beating, shooting and slicing up the baddies. Some gruesome kills with impressive effects like a slow knife in the eyeball when every movie usually cuts away or just uses that to set up tension.  The dog stunts were particularly impressive as they used real trained dogs instead of CGI for an extended scene where Halle Berry’s 2 pets help our heroes dispatch baddies. Keanu’s gunplay was awesome, you can really see his work pay off. Just a great time overall and a rare threequel that delivers. 

I still prefer the original because the story was a more straightforward revenge movie. With JW2 it went over the top with the assasins everywhere.  That being said JW3 was exactly what you'd expect it to be.  Solid movie. 

My favorite parts?  The first kill with a library book was bad ass.  I decided to spend a few extra bucks to see it in Dolby AMC theater.  Basically an upgraded projector and sound system.  I think there might be subwoofers in the recliner seats because HOLY FOCK I could feel each shot when they broke out the shotguns.  :thumbsup:

Good time. 

Plus this movie had Raffi from The League!  I don't recall him being in JW2 but I could be wrong since I only saw it once. 

8 hours ago, DonS said:

I still prefer the original because the story was a more straightforward revenge movie. With JW2 it went over the top with the assasins everywhere.  That being said JW3 was exactly what you'd expect it to be.  Solid movie. 

This is what can sink a lot of action franchises, the stakes getting too high. Good ones keep the good times rolling, like fast and furious. First movie they are stealing DVD players, by the 5th they are saving the world. You just turn your brain off and enjoy while the Rock reroutes torpedoes with his bare hands n shitte. Wicks initial revenge story was great for the few people involved aside from the million henchmen. Then they escalate it to somehow every other person in NY is a high level hitman in this secret society where everyone everywhere is in on it. Could easily have gone downhill and they didn’t let it. They just kept up the solid action and clever fight scenes. 

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:19 PM, Cloaca du jour said:

Just got out!!

Wow...everything you want and more!!  Settting up for a 4th movie against the high table.

5 solid fight scenes!!   Great use of knives and shotguns...

Dogs!!!

Solid humor!!!

2 thumbs up!!!

The first fight was the best fight of maybe the whole series.  GREAT tempo setter.

JW4 greenlit and set to open in 2 years. Keep cranking em out and I’ll keep watching.

I saw John Wick kill a man with a book. A FOCKING BOOK!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I saw John Wick kill a man with a book. A FOCKING BOOK!

My favorite kill. :wub:

Enjoyed the movie. Loved most of the fight scenes other than when they stopped fighting because they are a bunch of fan boys. 

Phenomenal. That's really all I can say.

I love this series, old school action. I was worried about Halle Berry bring in it but, her scenes were awesome with the dogs. So good.