Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

People who walk around the gym barefoot

Do you mean in the locker room or out on the floor? Surprised a gym would allow people to do that.

Like... they are actually lifting barefoot?  I've never seen this.  :unsure:

The locker room. I do see people lifting without their shoes on which is pretty dumb, but I think they have socks on at least.

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The locker room. I do see people lifting without their shoes on which is pretty dumb, but I think they have socks on at least.

That’s just gross but I see it all the time.

What about nude walkers?  Is that a thing in the gym locker rooms?  When I worked in the shop we had more than a few who would walk to and from the showers and talk to each other butt ass naked.  I always thought that was odd.  There was a building across the street from mine which had a prison style shower.  Like a big room with nozzles on the wall.  I was so happy I didn't get stuck there.

That or shower without shower shoes on. Disgusting and can’t stand it. 

When I was in college, the freshman dorm had a prison-style shower room with a huge room with nozzles all around the walls.  The floor was coated in this green goop which I assume was for sanitation reasons.  I only caught a foot fungus once in there.  Shower shoes wouldn't help because you'd just collect all the green goop on them anyway.  It was gross but nowhere else to shower.

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Wtf is the matter with them? One of the more cringe worthy things I can think of.

Some will deadlift without shoes on, but you should at least wear socks in a public gym.

people do karate in the gym barefoot.

and what did people wear to the gym before shoes were invented?  

20 hours ago, taco breath said:

people do karate in the gym barefoot.

and what did people wear to the gym before shoes were invented?  

I was going to say... I did taekwondo for a long time, we had hundreds of people on the mats barefoot at tourneys, and 10s of people in any one class during the week, and it never seemed like a big deal.  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  :dunno:

I hate it when I see motherfucckers take their shoes off at work. Bruises my plums, big time. :wall:

im currently posting shoeless. 

I go to the Y. I swear pervs over 60 just go there to walk around the locker room bare assed. They go for no other focking reason :mad:

On a related note, going all the way back to junior high, I am convinced that there is a direct ratio between the amount of time you spend naked in a locker room and exactly how gay you are.

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

On a related note, going all the way back to junior high, I am convinced that there is a direct ratio between the amount of time you spend naked in a locker room and exactly how gay you are.

:cheers: