Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

Nigel Farage's EU Parliament speech after the Brexit vote

I think it's pretty hilarious that Nigel Farage formed a new political party a couple of weeks ago and it's already polling at 35% which is more than both the Tories and Labor combined. :D Anyway, I'd stumbled across this today, I'd never seen it before so I presume you guys haven't either. This is the speech Farage gave in 2016 during the first session of the European Parliament conducted after the Brexit vote. For those of you like me who take pleasure in rewatching videos of Hillary fans in grief the day after the 2016 election, this is the European version.

He was a coward for stepping down after the vote.

Funny how we pay attention to Great Britain like it's still important.  They're best days are a hundred years behind them.

28 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

He was a coward for stepping down after the vote.

Untrue. He didn't step down after the vote. He'd offered to negotiate Brexit; it would have been something he'd greatly enjoyed, he'd go to work with a smile on his face every day. He stepped down when it became clear that the Tories had no intention of letting UKIP negotiate the departure. What would you have him do? Who could blame him? His life's work was done except for the cleanup, they didn't want him cleaning up, there was nothing more for him to do.

Then the Tories deliberatly sabotaged focked up the negotiation, and so he's back, if he's lucky only for a few months, until Brexit goes through. They can re-negotiate on his terms or, if that doesn't come to pass, just take a hard Brexit. Either would work for him, Or, more likely as I suspect, they'll just stay in the EU and keep kicking the can down the road indefinitely. He'll likely have to stick around until the actual end this time.

20 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Untrue. He didn't step down after the vote. He'd offered to negotiate Brexit; it would have been something he'd greatly enjoyed, he'd go to work with a smile on his face every day. He stepped down when it became clear that the Tories had no intention of letting UKIP negotiate the departure. What would you have him do? Who could blame him? His life's work was done except for the cleanup, they didn't want him cleaning up, there was nothing more for him to do.

Then the Tories deliberatly sabotaged focked up the negotiation, and so he's back, if he's lucky only for a few months, until Brexit goes through. They can re-negotiate on his terms or, if that doesn't come to pass, just take a hard Brexit. Either would work for him, Or, more likely as I suspect, they'll just stay in the EU and keep kicking the can down the road indefinitely. He'll likely have to stick around until the actual end this time.

Keep fighting that's what he should have done

He'd fought off the dragon and rescued the princess but then only found out later that the King didn't like the princess which is why he'd given her to the dragon in the first place. The king was pissed off at him so he left the scene.

So then he'd wanted to live happily ever but he had to come back because the King was trying to return the princess to the dragon again.