Sign in to follow this  
shorepatrol

Yanis vs Lebron comparisons

🤣 Not close. Kid is real good, but still doesn't have a jump shot or the physical ability to take over a playoff game

6 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

It’s unfortunate that Lebron has been at home this post season.

Playoff ratings agree. Bigly. Nobody is tuning in to see Yanis 

4 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Playoff ratings agree. Bigly. Nobody is tuning in to see Yanis 

Exactly. No one wants to watch Giannis or Kawhi.

• Like 1

I think the bucks are a fun team to watch, much better than the “just jack up threes” that most teams are adopting.

• Like 1

Yanis is really gonna have to focus on his flopping this offseason if he expects to be compared to LeBron.

• Haha 1

Yannis is terrific. And really shows just how phenomenal Lebron is. Lebron is all that Yannis is, plus a jump shot.

It's unfair to compare Yannis to the best (or arguably second best) player to ever play the game, but he's definitely a top 5 player in the league right now.

13 hours ago, Gladiators said:

It’s unfortunate that Lebron has been at home this post season.

No it isn't...

The ONLY reason no one cares about the NBA is because everyone knew in November that GS was going to win, it was just a matter of whether it took them 5 games or less to do it.  It's just the way the NBA is right now.

23 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The ONLY reason no one cares about the NBA is because everyone knew in November that GS was going to win, it was just a matter of whether it took them 5 games or less to do it.  It's just the way the NBA is right now.

And the fact that Durant may be out doesn't change the fact that they're the favorites.  Durant should be embarrassed about that.

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

And the fact that Durant may be out doesn't change the fact that they're the favorites.  Durant should be embarrassed about that.

Meh, I don't have an issue with it.  I mean, didn't Lebron, Wade, and Bosh (all 3 in the top 10 at the time), team up to try and make a dynasty?  I see nothing different here.  It's not like the Warriors were the runaway favorites.  They won 1, then lost the following year.  It was then when Durant joined them.  Do you think that LeBron would've told Durant not to come to Cleveland?

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Meh, I don't have an issue with it.  I mean, didn't Lebron, Wade, and Bosh (all 3 in the top 10 at the time), team up to try and make a dynasty?  I see nothing different here.  It's not like the Warriors were the runaway favorites.  They won 1, then lost the following year.  It was then when Durant joined them.  Do you think that LeBron would've told Durant not to come to Cleveland?

Warriors were already the best team. If Durant had joined forces with a couple of other studs to try to resurrect or jumpstart a franchise, that would be different.

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Warriors were already the best team. If Durant had joined forces with a couple of other studs to try to resurrect or jumpstart a franchise, that would be different.

They weren't the best team, Cleveland was... as they just won the championship.  Still, doesn't sway my opinion.  Name me one super star to EVER, go to a team "to try to resurrect or jumpstart a franchise" in ANY sport when they had a chance to join a team who had championship potential?

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They weren't the best team, Cleveland was... as they just won the championship.  Still, doesn't sway my opinion.  Name me one super star to EVER, go to a team "to try to resurrect or jumpstart a franchise" in ANY sport when they had a chance to join a team who had championship potential?

Warriors won it all the year before then broke the record for most regular season wins the year before Durant joined them.  It was a lame, weakass way to get himself some easy rings. Not saying that he didn't have a right to sign with anyone he wanted, but I personally lost all respect for him at that point. And his rings are meaningless to me.

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Warriors won it all the year before then broke the record for most regular season wins the year before Durant joined them.  It was a lame, weakass way to get himself some easy rings. Not saying that he didn't have a right to sign with anyone he wanted, but I personally lost all respect for him at that point. And his rings are meaningless to me.

Didn't he join them for the 2016-2017 season?  I thought the Cavs won the 2015-2016 Championship.  I'm going off memory.  As I've mentioned earlier in the thread, I've stopped paying attention to the NBA when it became the "let's team up to create a dynasty" league.

12 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Didn't he join them for the 2016-2017 season?  I thought the Cavs won the 2015-2016 Championship.  I'm going off memory.  As I've mentioned earlier in the thread, I've stopped paying attention to the NBA when it became the "let's team up to create a dynasty" league.

Yes, Cleveland did one that year. It was the year Golden State broke the record for regular season wins.

16 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I understand this viewpoint.  But I dont see a ton of difference.  Yes GS was already a top team.  Sort of cant beat em join em thing.

Wade already won a championship before Lebron was ever a champion.  It was a foregone conclusion what that team would be with Lebron Wade and Bosh.  

It is different.  But to me not a ton.  

If Durant went to team up with Lebron how much different is his legacy?  It isnt in my mind.  Still would have hopped to get easy rings.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

I understand this viewpoint.  But I dont see a ton of difference.  Yes GS was already a top team.  Sort of cant beat em join em thing.

Wade already won a championship before Lebron was ever a champion.  It was a foregone conclusion what that team would be with Lebron Wade and Bosh.  

If Durant went to team up with Lebron how much different is his legacy?  It isnt in my mind.  Still would have hopped to get easy rings.

I hated that decision by Lebron.  But the Heat wasn't a great team when Lebron joined them. They were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs the two previous seasons and didn't even qualify the year before that.   I didn't care that Durant wanted to join a good team. It just struck me as lame that he wanted to join the team that was already the consensus best team in the league without him.  The fact that they're still the favorites to win it all even if he stays out shows what his impact is. 

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't have been any less unimpressed if he opted to join Lebron instead of Golden State.

41 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Wade is a legitimately great player but there’s no way he’s Top 10 alltime. Bosh isn’t even remotely close to that conversation.

21 minutes ago, MDC said:

Wade is a legitimately great player but there’s no way he’s Top 10 alltime. Bosh isn’t even remotely close to that conversation.

Oh man. I missed that. Bosh?  Top 10?  Wade was a top 10 player in the league at that time. And maybe top 50 all-time. Bosh isn't even close to sniffing any all -time lists.

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

I hated that decision by Lebron.  But the Heat wasn't a great team when Lebron joined them. They were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs the two previous seasons and didn't even qualify the year before that.   I didn't care that Durant wanted to join a good team. It just struck me as lame that he wanted to join the team that was already the consensus best team in the league without him.  The fact that they're still the favorites to win it all even if he stays out shows what his impact is. 

Actually, it was.  It was because Wade, James, and Bosh all agreed in advance to go to the team as a unit.  Meaning, they were all going to a great team.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

I said "At that time", not "all-time".

Wade's 2006 Title was a gift.... clearly the refs had big money riding on them.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I said "At that time", not "all-time".

My bad. :cheers: 

Not sure Bosh was Top 10 in Miami but I chalk that up to Bron wasting his teammates like he did with Kevin Love.

19 minutes ago, MDC said:

My bad. :cheers: 

Not sure Bosh was Top 10 in Miami but I chalk that up to Bron wasting his teammates like he did with Kevin Love.

Here's a Bleacher Report article that had him #11 in 2010.  Yes, LeBron did make Bosh worse than what he was, but at the time they created their super team, he was arguably one of the 10 best players in the league.  Real clear sports had him ranked #8.

Heck, I'll concede that he was top 20.  Even still, having a pair of top 5 players and a top 20 player is pretty much joining a created elite team.  It's disingenuous to describe what James, Wade, and Bosh as being anything different than what Durant did.

14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Here's a Bleacher Report article that had him #11 in 2010.  Yes, LeBron did make Bosh worse than what he was, but at the time they created their super team, he was arguably one of the 10 best players in the league.  Real clear sports had him ranked #8.

Heck, I'll concede that he was top 20.  Even still, having a pair of top 5 players and a top 20 player is pretty much joining a created elite team.  It's disingenuous to describe what James, Wade, and Bosh as being anything different than what Durant did.

It's much different, although I don't like either.  Players deciding to get together to try to form a super team is not in the same stratosphere as someone simply joining the team that's already favored to win it all. And who is already the best team in the league. At least Lebron, Wade, and Bosh had a team to try to turn around.  The warriors were already there. They didn't even need Durant. As is proven this offseason.

I said it in another thread, but Durant will never live down the decision to join GS.  I don't hate the guy, and think he is a great player, but it was just the weakest move of all time.  

15 hours ago, The Observer said:

It's much different, although I don't like either.  Players deciding to get together to try to form a super team is not in the same stratosphere as someone simply joining the team that's already favored to win it all. And who is already the best team in the league. At least Lebron, Wade, and Bosh had a team to try to turn around.  The warriors were already there. They didn't even need Durant. As is proven this offseason.

Agree to disagree.  I think what LeBron, Wade, and Bosh did was 10x worse than what I've ever seen anyone do.  When you conspire to make a team a dynasty, that is the ultimate level of "I can't win unless I fix it that way", attitude anyone could ever have.

I also don't agree with you on Miami''s team at the time.  They were the 5th seed in the Eastern conference the year before and a few games better than the prior year.  It's not like they were out of the playoffs and in the lottery.  They were 1 quality player away from being a top 2 or 3 seed in the conference.  Beasley had a solid rookie season.  Haslem and O'Neal were still solid contributors and Chalmers looked to be a nice bench piece.  Had they picked up just one player who was considered a top 20 player, they probably win their division that following season and get the #2 or #3 seed.  Had they brought in Bosh and "a guy" who "can shoot", they contend for the NBA championship without James.  The 3 of them didn't need to conspire anything because Wade was still a beast at the time.

I would take the Greek freak over LeBron any day. 

14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Agree to disagree.  I think what LeBron, Wade, and Bosh did was 10x worse than what I've ever seen anyone do.  When you conspire to make a team a dynasty, that is the ultimate level of "I can't win unless I fix it that way", attitude anyone could ever have.

This, all day this.

I don't really care that they did it but, the same folks who have an issue with Durant don't seem to have an issue with LeBron.  You can't have it both ways.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

This, all day this.

I don't really care that they did it but, the same folks who have an issue with Durant don't seem to have an issue with LeBron.  You can't have it both ways.

Conspiring to create a dynasty is 100x less lame than joining a team that already is.  They just swept in the Western finals with Durant not playing a single minute. He's not even necessary there. Same sure as hell couldn't be said for Lebron on Miami.

8 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Conspiring to create a dynasty is 100x less lame than joining a team that already is. 

Disagree, don't know what else to tell ya bud.

:dunno:

Lot's of people seem to want it both ways, I don't agree.

15 minutes ago, Reality said:

Disagree, don't know what else to tell ya bud.

Lot's of people seem to want it both ways, I don't agree.

There is no possible way to explain how joining together with a couple of other star players to try to turn around a team is on the same level as simply joining the team that is going to win numerous titles with or without you. You can pretend they're comparable all you want, but Lebron's presence was vital to their success, while Durant is completely unnecessary.  Just compiling rings that they'd win any way.

Just now, The Observer said:

There is no possible way to explain how joining together with a couple of other star players to try to turn around a team is on the same level as simply joining the team that is going to win numerous titles with or without you. You can pretend they're comparable all you want, but Lebron's presence was vital to their success, while Durant is completely unnecessary.  Just compiling rings that they'd win any way.

I think your opinion is incorrect, plain and simple.  GS had one title at the time and coming off a finals loss. Durant was phenomenal and the best player on the planet in both finals he's played in.

You should also read TBay's comments on Miami, your recollection is clearly wrong about that team.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I also don't agree with you on Miami''s team at the time.  They were the 5th seed in the Eastern conference the year before and a few games better than the prior year.  It's not like they were out of the playoffs and in the lottery.  They were 1 quality player away from being a top 2 or 3 seed in the conference.  Beasley had a solid rookie season.  Haslem and O'Neal were still solid contributors and Chalmers looked to be a nice bench piece.  Had they picked up just one player who was considered a top 20 player, they probably win their division that following season and get the #2 or #3 seed.  Had they brought in Bosh and "a guy" who "can shoot", they contend for the NBA championship without James.  The 3 of them didn't need to conspire anything because Wade was still a beast at the time.

This is a silly argument though, I don't have a problem with either instance and I am all for player empowerment.  I'm not really interested in this back and forth.  We went over all this years ago on this site.

I just think it's funny that LeBron stans justify one but, not the other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reality said:

I think your opinion is incorrect, plain and simple.  GS had one title at the time and coming off a finals loss. Durant was phenomenal and the best player on the planet in both finals he's played in.

As for your first paragraph, of course Durant was great. He's a great player. No one is questioning that. This is their fifth straight year in the finals. Durant played no role in the first two or this year's.  He took zero risk going to Golden State and presented himself zero challenge and zero pressure.    Lebron's moves always depend on him being awesome for his teams to succeed. He goes to teams and has all the pressure on himself. And he reached 8 straight NBA finals! Always because of him.  He has all the pressure. He challenges himself with his moves. Unlike free ring-Durant.

2 hours ago, Reality said:

is is a silly argument though, I don't have a problem with either instance and I am all for player empowerment.  I'm not really interested in this back and forth.  We went over all this years ago on this site.

For me, this was the reason I stopped watching the NBA, so it's not silly for me.  It's also why I was happy that Durant did what he did.  He put a smack down on LeBron's diva attitude.  Now we can all watch LeBron miss the playoffs every year now that he's in the big boy conference.