Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

New Cowboys play: Zeke cuff 23

So this idiot is walking around Vegas looking stoned, drunk or something - decides it would be a good idea to bow up to security.

I like how after he elbows the guy into the railing, he acts like the foul wasn't on him. :D 

For the love of gosh, please do not resign this ass clown Jerry. :doh: 

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/05/20/cowboy-ezekiel-elliott-handcuffed-vegas-incident-edc-fest/

There's a seperate thread for Dallas Cowboy dysfunction. 

What happens in Vegas... actually happens, ignore the ads.

Also, every pro athlete should be required to write "nothing good happens after midnight" 1000 times every year.  Just saying.  

Zeke's not long for this league.  :thumbsup:

what a dumbazz 💩

It'll be an automatic 6 game suspension once Mara gets off the phone with Goodell.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

what a dumbazz 💩

It'll be an automatic 6 game suspension once Mara gets off the phone with Goodell.

That's true. 

At least he didn't accidently shot himself inside a club.

• Haha 1

After looking at this all I can say is that it's not going to end well for Zeke. Another Urban Myer special. 

He is not all bad. Zeke spends a good chunk of the offseason teaching kids how to read and write. He also gives back by being a math and science tutor to teenagers that are failing in school. Zeke is a smart selfless guy. He just makes dumb choices when out partying. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

There is no way that Zeke knows how to read or write.

He teaches Chaucer and physics to kids in his spare time. :nono:

You should hear and see all the blind homers around here defending this clown. Things like, "oh it wasn't that bad", "the security guy took a flop", "people are just picking on Zeke"....

Biitch this dumbass was walking around drunk/stoned or something, in Vegas, at 3 a.m. bowing up and acting all badass to a scrawny staffer making $10 an hour, knowing damn good and well he's already been suspended once and on thin ice with Rog as it is - give me a break. These are the same clowns that think Garrett is a great coach.

This kid is clueless - I say run the shiit out of him, use him up and squeeze every last touch you can get out of him - then let him walk... You don't 'pay RBs in today's game anyway - no need to extend this idiot.

The Cowboys need to hire a mandatory full time babysitter for Zeke as part of his new contract.  The guy is obviously an idiot.   Top 5 back in the league and simply doesn't learn from his past mistakes.

9 minutes ago, The Observer said:

The Cowboys need to hire a mandatory full time babysitter for Zeke as part of his new contract.  The guy is obviously an idiot.   Top 5 back in the league and simply doesn't learn from his past mistakes.

You don't pay RBs in today's game - especially ones with the amount of touches Zeke will of had by the time that comes... If Dallas is stupid enuff to back the truck up and give him big money, it won't matter how he acts - taking that approach, this team will be sunk anyways.

At least with his hands cuffed he can't do that stupid feed me thing

3 hours ago, The Observer said:

They should make him wear one of those monkey backpacks with a leash like you sometimes see on kids in the airport. 

• Haha 1

Yeah, no idea why, but the Cowboys will pay him.  RBs hardly matter and breakdown more often than other positions.  Almost useless when behind unless they are a top end recieving back.

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Yeah, no idea why, but the Cowboys will pay him.  RBs hardly matter and breakdown more often than other positions.  Almost useless when behind unless they are a top end recieving back.

Dallas has some tough choices coming up. Right now, they're trying to negotiate with Amari Cooper, who wants top tier WR money.  Of course, the Zeke decision is coming shortly too. Stud running back, but most GMs are refusing to pay huge money to running backs these days. Plus, Dak Prescott is a mid-tier QB that's going to want upper tier money. Lot of big decisions coming up for the Dallas brass.

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Dallas has some tough choices coming up. Right now, they're trying to negotiate with Amari Cooper, who wants top tier WR money.  Of course, the Zeke decision is coming shortly too. Stud running back, but most GMs are refusing to pay huge money to running backs these days. Plus, Dak Prescott is a mid-tier QB that's going to want upper tier money. Lot of big decisions coming up for the Dallas brass.

Lots of crappy decisions.   They won nothing while Dak was on a rookie deal.

All 3 deals look like they would suck.  Have to pay a mid tier QB elite money.  Have to pay a RB big money.  Have to pay a WR big money.

Thats 2 overrated positions and the dreaded "what else are we supposed to do lets pay Andy Dalton" deal.

37 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

All 3 deals look like they would suck.  Have to pay a mid tier QB elite money.  Have to pay a RB big money.  Have to pay a WR big money.

Thats 2 overrated positions and the dreaded "what else are we supposed to do lets pay Andy Dalton" deal.

Prescott is a real quandary for them. He's decent. Looks good sometimes. But he's not quite in that upper echelon. Not a difference maker.  Your Andy Dalton comparison is perfect. Bengals couldn't really let him walk because they didn't have a plan B, so they were forced to overpay him.  Dallas may find themselves in that exact same position.

Having the league's 15th best quarterback at $600,000 a year is a lot different than having the league's 15th best QB at $23 million per year.

First world problem: having Zeke in a keeper league. :mad:

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

Prescott is a real quandary for them. He's decent. Looks good sometimes. But he's not quite in that upper echelon. Not a difference maker.  Your Andy Dalton comparison is perfect. Bengals couldn't really let him walk because they didn't have a plan B, so they were forced to overpay him.  Dallas may find themselves in that exact same position.

Having the league's 15th best quarterback at $600,000 a year is a lot different than having the league's 15th best QB at $23 million per year.

It is tough because top 5 picks dont grow on trees.   It is a process unless lucky (Manning hurt Indy takes Luck).   When sitting on the door of the playoffs or just inside of it....it is hard to accept a tear down year.   Especially at Jerrah's age.   

What exactly will they have to pay him?  I havent kept tabs on that?   If its around 5th most thats not too bad.  In a year or 2 that will be pushed down to 7th-9th.  

If it is higher than that then it is a tough deal to make but they will make it.  

I think a lot of people see trades on paper with no ramifications of salary cap.  

People first said Amari Cooper wasnt worth a 1st on his best day.  Then that it was a steal and you might as well insert Cooper into the Cowboys 2019 draft class.

Well now ya have to pay him top dollar after a half year of work there.   Instead of having (yes a risk) rookie on a 5 year option cheap contract.   Cooper comes in, someone else or multiple players go out.  

This isnt ground breaking stuff.  But I feel people dont take into account contracts, generally. 

18 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Jerry is on the verge of majorly focking this team for years............which isn't new for him.

Only 1 team in the entire NFL is paying top 10 position money to QB, RB and WR - Atlanta...........and we all see how well that plan is working out.

17 hours ago, The Observer said:

Jerry is all about Division titles. He thinks you win those, you control your destiny......... As such, he's enamored with Dak's NFC East record - which is 13-5.

Jerry will pay him, reports suggest around $32m per................and we will continue to watch February football at home.

52 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Jerry is all about Division titles. He thinks you win those, you control your destiny......... As such, he's enamored with Dak's NFC East record - which is 13-5.

Jerry will pay him, reports suggest around $32m per................and we will continue to watch February football at home.

$32m/per?  I thought personnel decisions have been better since his son took over. I was thinking maybe mid-20's. Over 30 mill?  That will cripple the franchise for years.

27 minutes ago, The Observer said:

$32m/per?  I thought personnel decisions have been better since his son took over. I was thinking maybe mid-20's. Over 30 mill?  That will cripple the franchise for years.

Stephen and Will McClay have definitely asserted more decision making power.......but some things Jerry still pulls rank on.

Russell Wilson set the new bar - and in Jerry's mind, Dak is at least as good as he.. With Cousins getting $28m per, Dak will get at least $30m - bank it.

Jerruh says Elliot's incident in Las Vegas won't affect his status with the team.  Of course not.  Why would anyone even need to ask that? 

On 5/22/2019 at 10:24 AM, The Observer said:

Dak's agent says he want $32m. What is the alternative to paying him? Cutler? 

I have a lot less patients for a super smart running back that acts super dumb. I would consider getting 2 first round picks for him, and let some other team absorb the risk of him starting week 7, and waiting to see what he does next.

Just now, BiPolarBear said:

Dak's agent says he want $32m. What is the alternative to paying him? Cutler? 

I have a lot less patients for a super smart running back that acts super dumb. I would consider getting 2 first round picks for him, and let some other team absorb the risk of him starting week 7, and waiting to see what he does next.

Absolutely nobody is giving one, let alone two, first round picks for a back that is looking for big money, has a sh!tload of carries, and is a major suspension risk. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Absolutely nobody is giving one, let alone two, first round picks for a back that is looking for big money, has a sh!tload of carries, and is a major suspension risk. 

OK.  :thumbsup: What do you think is realistic? 

48 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

OK.  :thumbsup: What do you think is realistic? 

It's hard to say at this point. If Zeke refuses to sign a franchise tender or something, that would reduce the cowboys leverage quite a bit.

Also, what is happening with other backs? Gurley, Derrick Henry, etc.?

Does he get suspended for this latest incident? How thin is the ice under him?

I'd say a second is the high end of the price possibilities. 

56 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It's hard to say at this point. If Zeke refuses to sign a franchise tender or something, that would reduce the cowboys leverage quite a bit.

Also, what is happening with other backs? Gurley, Derrick Henry, etc.?

Does he get suspended for this latest incident? How thin is the ice under him?

I'd say a second is the high end of the price possibilities. 

I think he may get a suspension, and I think he would pull a first round pick. 

You don't pay RBs and you don't deal # 1s for them. I agree, nobody is giving 1 much less 2 #1s for Zeke. 

Jerry loves Dak, his 13-5 Division record is all he sees. Dak will get his $30m a year so no real need to plan otherwise... Jerry didn't deal away a 1st to let Amari walk - he will pay Cooper too.

Zeke is the only question - this latest blunder gives the Jones boys a slight leg up. I actually believe Zeke is negotiable - I think Jerry could be talked down......maybe. 

I'd put Dak and Coop at 95% resign probability..... Zeke, 65%.

As a Titans fan, we face a similar situation. Mariota has been, being charitable, mediocre. The same applies to Derrick Henry, although he did blow up at the end of the season last year.

This year is a prove it or get out year for both. I honestly don't see Henry getting re signed even if he has a great year. Our GM isn't a moron, and you don't pay backs. They are too easy to replace.

Mariota... If he stays healthy and puts up good numbers, could get a deal. The line and receivers are better than they have been since he got here. But I still don't see it happening. I'm just not a believer. 

14 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

You don't pay RBs and you don't deal # 1s for them. I agree, nobody is giving 1 much less 2 #1s for Zeke. 

Jerry loves Dak, his 13-5 Division record is all he sees. Dak will get his $30m a year so no real need to plan otherwise... Jerry didn't deal away a 1st to let Amari walk - he will pay Cooper too.

Zeke is the only question - this latest blunder gives the Jones boys a slight leg up. I actually believe Zeke is negotiable - I think Jerry could be talked down......maybe. 

I'd put Dak and Coop at 95% resign probability..... Zeke, 65%.

Just for the record, I believe Zeke will be around and get his deal. 

39 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

If it were any other team, I'd say no. I mean he's looking at his third suspension no?

But it's Jerry. So there's a very good chance.

Should be fun watching the cowboys try to win with a mediocre qb and a sh!t defense and no cap space. 

9 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

As an Eagles fan, I'm praying they sign Zeke and Prescott both to big contracts. That will severely hamper their ability to sign free agents for the next five years. And keep other young stars as their contracts come due.

12 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

I stated earlier, only 1 team in the league has a set of top 10 paid QB/RB/WR = Atlanta............and we've all seen just how well that's working.

Outside of Jerry's heart, his biggest downfall has always been "Bells & Whistles" - he loves shiny things. I fully expect him to pay all 3 and I full expect it will be one of his biggest mistakes ever - and that's saying something. Zeke is in his prime now, and this line is as young and strong as they are ever gong to be - and we still can't get past a Divisional round. All this time and Jerry hasn't learned a damn thing.