Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Chips on sandwiches

No, for the same reason I don't put ketchup on hot dogs - bcoz I'm not 10.

20 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Anyone do this? If so, what’s your go to sandwich with chips? 

This wasn't a thing I did growing up so I can't comment.  I can see the allure tho, as I like some crunchiness to sammiches.

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

No, for the same reason I don't put ketchup on hot dogs - bcoz I'm not 10.

Ketchup on hot dogs WAS a thing growing up, so blow me.  Hated mayo, still do.  Hated mustard but have come to enjoy it over time; in fact if I have the fixins I will make a Chicago dog vs. ketchup.

Not on but I do prefer having some chips with my sandwich and some good pickles

I never did it growing up either but I keep seeing people raving about it like it was the most common thing ever. Even for adults 

Tuna only, when I was 11

14 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

This wasn't a thing I did growing up so I can't comment.  I can see the allure tho, as I like some crunchiness to sammiches.

Ketchup on hot dogs WAS a thing growing up, so blow me.  Hated mayo, still do.  Hated mustard but have come to enjoy it over time; in fact if I have the fixins I will make a Chicago dog vs. ketchup.

People who get all weird about ketchup on hot dogs are the same people who get all pizzy about Nickelback..and don't know why..they think it's just the cool thing to say.   

I don’t put chips on my sandwich but the bites I take off a good lunch sandwich are usually better right after I ate a few chips 

15 minutes ago, posty said:

Is this actual potato chips on the sandwich or fries?

Actual potato chips but I’ve also seen those people that put their fries on there. Also in their milkshakes 

Yes. Standard sammich for me is turkey, Swiss, lettuce onion tomato and Dijon on toasted rye. Add some wavy Lays chips and I’m golden. 

Love Redneck "Lettuce" 😜

I've done this probably 10 times in the last couple of weeks lol. Doritos work as well, but I prefer chips.

Tried it now and then but I usually just eat chips on the side. Sandwich, pickle, chips and a soda is the perfect lunch.

23 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I’ve also seen those people that put their fries on there.

This is big in the Western PA area...

1 minute ago, posty said:

This is big in the Western PA area...

Primanti Brothers

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

People who get all weird about ketchup on hot dogs are the same people who get all pizzy about Nickelback..and don't know why..they think it's just the cool thing to say.   

Interesting analogy.  I agree with Nickelback; I think they were good at what they did and enjoy their music, but it's hipster to hate them.  Much like it is hipster to like Radiohead even tho they basically did one song (Creep) that most people know; otherwise they were fairly irrelevant IMO.

That being said, always bet on relish in the MLB races.  I like relish on a hot dog as well, with ketchup.  :cheers:

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Interesting analogy.  I agree with Nickelback; I think they were good at what they did and enjoy their music, but it's hipster to hate them.  Much like it is hipster to like Radiohead even tho they basically did one song (Creep) that most people know; otherwise they were fairly irrelevant IMO.

That being said, always bet on relish in the MLB races.  I like relish on a hot dog as well, with ketchup.  :cheers:

I will eat my hotdogs one way.

Sauerkraut, honey mustard, and onions on a Hawaiian sweet bun with an all beef frank cooked over charcoal and only charcoal.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

I will eat my hotdogs one way.

Sauerkraut, honey mustard, and onions on a Hawaiian sweet bun with an all beef frank cooked over charcoal and only charcoal.

You seem high maintenance.  Remind me not to marry you.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Na - the Nickelback pizzies are the ones who 1) only buy organic and 2) think they can tell the difference between a $100 bottle of wine and one from the grocery store.

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

Na - the Nickelback pizzies are the ones who 1) only buy organic and 2) think they can tell the difference between a $100 bottle of wine and one from the grocery store.

The wine thing is my fave. Switch the labels on three dollar wine from Trader Joe’s and a 100$ bottle from wherever and watch not one person notice or think twice.

6 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

The wine thing is my fave. Switch the labels on three dollar wine from Trader Joe’s and a 100$ bottle from wherever and watch not one person notice or think twice.

Not to hijack this thread, but this is a good video on it.

24 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

And thumb their noses at people who put ketchup on a hot dog, even thought hey have no actual reason to say why they think thats bad.

Just now, supermike80 said:

And thumb their noses at people who put ketchup on a hot dog, even thought hey have no actual reason to say why they think thats bad.

Even worse, they act like it’s some crazy outlandish thing to put on a hot dog. In reality it’s been the norm since forever and look up any generic google pic of hot dogs or hot dog imagery and they will usually be shown with ketchup on them. I prefer mustard myself but have no problem with ketchup and consider both the default topping.

18 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

16 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I drink the cheap stuff almost exclusively.  In fact, I have a couple glasses nearly every night.  You guys are a little off the mark.  

I've had the occasion to drink some really fine wines and many were incredible.  There were even a few that had to have been made on another planet because they were unlike any wine I'd had before. 

Of course, a lot depends on individual preference, but I think it's more fair to say the differences between the cheap stuff and the middle of the road stuff is negligible. 

For example Trader Joe's Two Buck Chuck tastes pretty much the same as your average $15-$30 bottle to me.   But even then, there are exceptions. 

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

Even worse, they act like it’s some crazy outlandish thing to put on a hot dog. In reality it’s been the norm since forever and look up any generic google pic of hot dogs or hot dog imagery and they will usually be shown with ketchup on them. I prefer mustard myself but have no problem with ketchup and consider both the default topping.

People put ketchup on scrambled eggs...but not on a hot dog? GTF Outta here

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I just gave reason why I don't do it - it taste like shiit. If you like it, knock yourself out.

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

I just gave reason why I don't do it - it taste like shiit. If you like it, knock yourself out.

Well you said it was cause you're not 10...Which is a stupid ass reason

Putting ketchup on anything savory is considered a kid move because it sweetens it up.  

26 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Not to hijack this thread, but this is a good video on it.

There is absolutely a tangible difference between $3 wine and $50 wine, to say otherwise is foolish.  That being said, boxed wine has come a long way, it isn't bad per se and in fact has the longevity benefits mentioned at the end.  I'm not a wine snob and we tend to drink bottles under $10.

On a related note, my fraternity had a full bar and we would fill, say, Tanqueray gin bottles with local rotgut gin (from Kappy's for MA locals).  Similar for Vodka.  I don't remember a single person recognizing the difference.  

I put a strip of sriracha on my hot dog and it was like discovering the theory of relativity. Highly recommend.

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

There is absolutely a tangible difference between $3 wine and $50 wine, to say otherwise is foolish.

Nah, I’d wager any amount you couldn’t pick a 3$ wine from a selection of a few 50$+++ in a blind test with any consistency.  As been proven time and again, the perception is the difference. 

As for liquor. Grey goose, Belvedere, Patron etc are way better than rotgut and I could pick them out 10/10 times. Theres def diminishing returns though. I prob couldn’t pick out low vs medium shelf.

24 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Well, it's pretty much pure sugar. It's just hfcs and tomato water. Between ketchup and sweet relish, you might as well just suck on a couple of Jolly Ranchers.

still, eat whatever you want.

Except Cilantro. Ya phag.

8 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I put a strip of sriracha on my hot dog and it was like discovering the theory of relativity. Highly recommend.

Yes. This.

chocolate chips on ice cream cookie sandwiches?

9 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I put a strip of sricha on a hookers landing strip. bigly recommended.

• Haha 1