Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Chips on sandwiches

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Nah, I’d wager any amount you couldn’t pick a 3$ wine from a selection of a few 50$+++ in a blind test with any consistency.  As been proven time and again, the perception is the difference. 

As for liquor. Grey goose, Belvedere, Patron etc are way better than rotgut and I could pick them out 10/10 times. Theres def diminishing returns though. I prob couldn’t pick out low vs medium shelf.

Poppycock.   The ability to be fooled by stuff like this is directly proportional to how dooshy you are.  Pretty much everyone in that wine video was dooshy.  Felt they had to come up with some BS tasting note.

They did a study on vodka too...and the cheap stuff (Smirnoff) beat GG and Belvidere and Titos everytime. 

6 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Nah, I’d wager any amount you couldn’t pick a 3$ wine from a selection of a few 50$+++ in a blind test with any consistency.  As been proven time and again, the perception is the difference. 

As for liquor. Grey goose, Belvedere, Patron etc are way better than rotgut and I could pick them out 10/10 times. Theres def diminishing returns though. I prob couldn’t pick out low vs medium shelf.

I doth not agreeth 

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Poppycock.   The ability to be fooled by stuff like this is directly proportional to how dooshy you are.  Pretty much everyone in that wine video was dooshy.  Felt they had to come up with some BS tasting note.

They did a study on vodka too...and the cheap stuff (Smirnoff) beat GG and Belvidere and Titos everytime. 

I’d need to do the experiment. I can’t be sure I’m not falling prey to my own perception pitfalls unless it’s done blind test proper.

Just now, tanatastic said:

I’d need to do the experiment. I can’t be sure I’m not falling prey to my own perception pitfalls unless it’s done blind test proper.

I am certain I would be fooled by a medium range wine Vs a good wine.  And I like wine.   But I do think 99% of that is crap.  

Not my go to but, I've had chips on a sandwich plenty of times.  Good stuff.

Grilled Hot dogs..  Ketchup, mustard, and DILL relish..  Can't beat it. 

Never got the no ketchup deal on hot dogs, it's a focking hot dog..  We aren't talking aged kobe wagyu beef here folks. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Not my go to but, I've had chips on a sandwich plenty of times.  Good stuff.

Grilled Hot dogs..  Ketchup, mustard, and DILL relish..  Can't beat it. 

Never got the no ketchup deal on hot dogs, it's a focking hot dog..  We aren't talking aged kobe wagyu beef here folks. 

Do you put ketchup on a bologna sammich?

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Now you're just being disgusting..

Unless its a fried bologna sandwich!  YUM!

1 minute ago, posty said:

Ketchup on hot dogs:

:first:

This is all you need to know, sorry boys. Can't win em all

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Grilled on a hot dog bun?  I'd give it a shot.

5 minutes ago, posty said:

Ketchup on hot dogs:

:first:

Fock, I didn't anticipate this..  This changes things..

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Fock, I didn't anticipate this..  This changes things..

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Grilled on a hot dog bun?  I'd give it a shot.

I guess I have never put mayo on a hot dog, so maybe that's something to try, with fresh tomato 

Ive done chips on a sandwich.  They can spruce up a run of the mill homemade sandwich.

No ketchup on a hotdog for me.  I just dont care for it other than on french fries or homefries.

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Yep.  Vodka is measured by its purity, which is to say its lack of taste.  That's why Smirnoff won.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/26/dining/a-humble-old-label-ices-its-rivals.html

I'll give gin (my boss likes Hendricks) and tequila a pass for higher end because there is an actual taste component, but it is more about how you feel the next morning IMO.  I personally don't see a big difference in taste, compared to wine, bourbon, or scotch.

If you want to convince me about $20 vs. $50, I'll consider that, but $3 wine is shiot.

I used to like Sun Chips (French Onion), on/in, my roast beef sandwich.  I don't see them on the shelves in stores in NJ anymore though.  Are they still around?

54 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I used to like Sun Chips (French Onion), on/in, my roast beef sandwich.  I don't see them on the shelves in stores in NJ anymore though.  Are they still around?

cute story. My uncle was going out to get beer or something for a Fourth of July family picnic. Any asked if anyway me at anyting. And one of the girls said "yeah just pick up some chips!"

Poor guy was gone forever. I mean, to the point that we worried. Even sent a few search parties out hoping against hope that he hadn't gotten in a car wreck or something.

He shows back up with about eight little snack size bags of SunChips.

Poor sweet guy was so distraught that he couldn't find SunChips in the grocery store and he looked all over to find them because he thought that's what she wanted. He ended up buying every last bag out of some repair shops vending machine.

Was a great guy. 

:sadsmile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They are still around and sun chips are delicious too. An underrated chip for sure.

6 minutes ago, the s is ilent said:

I like mayo on a hot dog. It is after all a sandwich. 

I would not dip my fries in mayo. 

Chips are a compliment, not a condiment. 

Speaking of mayo.....mayo with corn 🤤

Used to do it as a kid. Lays on the pb&j was the standard. I don't eat pb&j anymore so it's chips on the side these days. 

Mustard on a hotdog. I've done mayo too. Not ketchup. :nono: I'll put all three on a burger though. 

I've also heard of putting peanut butter on a hotdog. Haven't had the desire to try it yet. 

Met fans put ketchup on hit dogs. Yankee fans use mustard. It's one of the many differences between the two fan bases. 

Apparently this chips on pbj is a thing, I’ve never heard of it. Also if you havent had a pbj lately you should, they are delicious. Peanut butter on a hot dog? Gross.

Sometimes I put potato chips on tuna sandwiches. I like the salty crunch added to the fish.

And this talk of not eating this or that because it is "for kids" is bullschit. I eat what I want, when I want, because I'm a fukking adult.

13 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Sometimes I put potato chips on tuna sandwiches. I like the salty crunch added to the fish.

And this talk of not eating this or that because it is "for kids" is bullschit. I eat what I want, when I want, because I'm a fukking adult.

Shut up and eat your gogurt

since we are all chatting all friendly like. I'm a huge proponent of cucumber slices in lieu of lettuce.

30 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

since we are all chatting all friendly like. I'm a huge proponent of cucumber slices in lieu of lettuce.

Try kimchi. Get it at any Korean joint. Great sandwich addition. 

7 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Bullshit. There is HUGE difference between Titos and and the cheap stuff. Same with all other better hard liquor. Not a wine drinker but I'd imagine it's the same 

Just now, shorepatrol said:

Bullshit. There is HUGE difference between Titos and and the cheap stuff. Same with all other better hard liquor. Not a wine drinker but I'd imagine it's the same 

With vodka, I find it's less of a taste issue as that the cheap stuff makes you wish you were dead the next day. 

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

With vodka, I find it's less of a taste issue as that the cheap stuff makes you wish you were dead the next day. 

It's both and it's not close for me. Cheap stuff tastes like gasoline and RUINED me the next day. Titos tastes good and I don't get a hangover. 

50 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

It's both and it's not close for me. Cheap stuff tastes like gasoline and RUINED me the next day. Titos tastes good and I don't get a hangover. 

This

Bologna and chip sandwich every weekend.  Been eating them since I was in elementary school.

White bread.  Mayo.  Beef bologna.  Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream potato chips smashed between the bologna and top slice.

D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Landry said:

Bologna and chip sandwich every weekend.  Been eating them since I was in elementary school.

White bread.  Mayo.  Beef bologna.  Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream potato chips smashed between the bologna and top slice.

D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.

No cheese? 

8 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

No..There really isn't.  At least not according to that taste test

Once you eat this on a sandwich or a hotdog you will tell other condiments to fock off. 

https://www.harryanddavid.com/h/gourmet-foods/relish/218634?searchTerm=pepper onion relish&sBrandIdTab=HD_&storeIdTab=21051

hot dogs - mustard, onions, and pickles.  Kosher dill pickles, no sweet pickles or relish.  I can accept dill relish.  

ketchup - only on a burger, maybe meatloaf which is just a big burger anyway.  

While we're at it, I hate bread on a sandwich that's toasted to the point that it's just erupts into a bundle of crumbs and flakes with every bite you take.

I don't mind good brand. Whether it's warm and soft or warm and chewy, but I don't need a whole mountain of crumbs erupting on me every time I bite into my sandwich.

I remember my mom and do this. Should go to the store just to get a loaf of fresh French bread right out of the oven. But then she toast it and the thing would just erupt into crumbles of crust. Then why the hell did you get fresh bread idiot?