Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

McGregor says to Khabib "This war is not over"

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/26797038/mcgregor-khabib-melee-war-not-over

WTF.  This is a guy trying to stay relevant. 
There isn't a war.  Khabib kicked his ass thoroughly.

McGregor isn't that good.  He's refused to fight the top wrestlers because he has no way to defend himself vs them, and can't deliver his haymaker when he is on the ground. 

Crazy, but he talked his way to the top. 

Yea no interest in seeing them fight again, Khabib destroyed him. Conor’s bark is worse than his bite at this point.

1 hour ago, tubby_mcgee said:

McGregor isn't that good.  He's refused to fight the top wrestlers because he has no way to defend himself vs them, and can't deliver his haymaker when he is on the ground. 

Crazy, but he talked his way to the top. 

This just isnt true.  Im not a Conor fan but this isnt true.  

His talking certainly helped his bank account and leverage in making the big matchups and jumping around weights.  But to say he isnt that good, or he talked his way to the top, or he dodged a bunch of guys isnt true.  

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

His talking certainly helped his bank account and leverage in making the big matchups and jumping around weights.  But to say he isnt that good, or he talked his way to the top, or he dodged a bunch of guys isnt true.  

:thumbsup:

47 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

He’s a big talker and can certainly sell fights, but I don’t think he’s that good either.

He got beat up by ONE guy that he REALLY didn't match up well with, it happens. That dude put some beatings on the best in the sport. 

3 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Yea no interest in seeing them fight again, Khabib destroyed him. Conor’s bark is worse than his bite at this point.

I have no interest in seeing them fight again, but I'd love to see McGregor fight anyone else in a kick ass brawl. I have zero interest in seeing Khabib wrestle.  That's always been a problem for UFC.... everyone loves a good stand up brawl, but nobody enjoys seeing dudes roll around on the ground together. Which is why McGregor is so popular and Khabib ain't.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Strike said:

Didn't McPussy retire?

Nope. You're still posting here, it seems

:kneeslapper: 

11 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

He has "standup".  ZERO wrestling. ZERO.  Limited to zero BJJ.  Limited kicks. 

So, he's a boxer pretty much.   Pure boxers don't fare well in MMA unless they are given other boxers to fight.

Ever since the Chad Mendes fight, (Conor was getting his ass handed to him until Mendes gassed and Conor landed a haymaker), they haven't fought any "wrestlers".   Well, Khabib, and well, that turned out great for McGregor. 

And lets face it, most MMA fans love it.  Most MMA fans want:
1.) stand up only (when is cheering the loudest?)
----Griffin and Bonnar -- considered one of GREATEST UFC fights of ALL TIME-- LOL, was two completely one dimensional guys swinging wildly and connecting for 3 rounds.  Fans loved loved loved it.  It looked like grown men on a playground fight. But that's what most MMA fans want. 
2.) But they want 5 ounce MMA gloves, not boxing gloves.
3.) swinging wildly by both fighters. Nothing strategic, no jabs, no feeling each other out.  Just wild crazy arm flailing.  Again, this is when fans cheer loudest.   I'm not going by what I say, but what I see/what the crowd says with their actions. 

When do MMA fans boo?
When a fight goes to the ground and there isn't INSTANT focking swinging and a 75% connect rate.  

MMA fans don't want "boxing", they want wild standup with high connection rates.  So McGregor is popular and loved.  

:sleep:

I'd watch McGregor fight again because he still has a dangerous left hand.  But I have no interest watching him fight Khabib again. That's a man against a boy. If you watched that fight, there was zero indication that McGregor had any shot at all. From start to finish. They could fight 100 times and Khabib goes 100-0.

4 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

He has "standup".  ZERO wrestling. ZERO.  Limited to zero BJJ.  Limited kicks. 

So, he's a boxer pretty much.   Pure boxers don't fare well in MMA unless they are given other boxers to fight.

Ever since the Chad Mendes fight, (Conor was getting his ass handed to him until Mendes gassed and Conor landed a haymaker), they haven't fought any "wrestlers".   Well, Khabib, and well, that turned out great for McGregor. 

And lets face it, most MMA fans love it.  Most MMA fans want:
1.) stand up only (when is cheering the loudest?)
----Griffin and Bonnar -- considered one of GREATEST UFC fights of ALL TIME-- LOL, was two completely one dimensional guys swinging wildly and connecting for 3 rounds.  Fans loved loved loved it.  It looked like grown men on a playground fight. But that's what most MMA fans want. 
2.) But they want 5 ounce MMA gloves, not boxing gloves.
3.) swinging wildly by both fighters. Nothing strategic, no jabs, no feeling each other out.  Just wild crazy arm flailing.  Again, this is when fans cheer loudest.   I'm not going by what I say, but what I see/what the crowd says with their actions. 

When do MMA fans boo?
When a fight goes to the ground and there isn't INSTANT focking swinging and a 75% connect rate.  

MMA fans don't want "boxing", they want wild standup with high connection rates.  So McGregor is popular and loved.  

Dont agree with any of your post.

Other than maybe Frankie Edgar name me a wrestler he avoided.  He was suppose to fight RDA and RDA pulled out.

His list of wins is probably more impressive than Khabibs' going into their last fight.

Im not a Conor fan.

12 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Dont agree with any of your post.

A lot of what I said is just my opinion.  The part I think is mostly factual, is the point in which most MMA fans cheer loudly during a fight. Its during standing, swinging.