Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Burger recipes

Anyone got a good recipe for a burger? I want to try different ways to make them today. Examples would include buying different percentages like 80% 20% fat, use special types of seasonings to mix into the burger, put an ice cube in the middle of it and make it into a patty, etc 

Doing some brats along with the burgers but I got those covered. Just looking for something different to make the burgers taste better than just turning the meat into a patty and throwing it on the grill

Mix in a little sausage with the GB. Adds fat and flavor. 

For a healthier burger use ground bison. Very lean but still tasty. 

dice onion, mince mushrooms, dice bacon.

crisp bacon.  remove and set aside.  use bacon fat to saute the onions and mushrooms.  let cool a little and mix in with burger meat.  add whatever seasonings and rubs you like.

mix in bbq sauce and shredded gouda

mix in teriyaki and crushed pineapple (or, you are better off grilling large slices or rings and putting them on top)

Mix in some brisket...ridiculously good. My nephew has been grinding his own meats...makes a huge difference

the secret is to brine your ground beef. Using standard brine recipe and then throw the beef in there. Let it sit for at least an hour. Delish!

Anyone add like a little slice of butter to the middle? Or mix the butter with the meat then form it into patties? Wondering if that turns out any good 

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Anyone add like a little slice of butter to the middle? Or mix the butter with the meat then form it into patties? Wondering if that turns out any good 

Yes. In the middle.

9 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

How was it? 

Awesome. Experiment with one. You will like it I think.

Add just enough milk to the ground beef to make a good patty. Makes a juicy burger. 

The golf course grill keeps a crock pot of burgers simmering in au jus next to a burger bar. Defies good burger logic but those fockers are delicious. Best grab and go burger ever  

22 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

According to USA today, eating burgers will most likely kill you 

A life without burgers isn’t worth living anyway.

I put cheese on mine.  It is soooooo much better that way.

19 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Just gonna admit it - not a bacon on burger guy.

Blasphemy! :angry:

17 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Blasphemy! :angry:

to me it's kind of like those guys who put crab meat on Lobster. Look, both good. But both together?

Happy National Burger Day! 🍔

:cheers:

I do stuffed burgers often, 2 1/4 LB patties

Stuff with

Jalapeno and cheese

Brisket

Pulled Pork

Salsa

Chorizo

Butter and Cheese

Did some up this weekend. Tried the slice of butter in the middle. Definitely made it juicy. Mixed in some mustard powder, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Also did some brats with sautéed peppers and onions I did in the bacon grease from cooking bacon for the burgers. 

80/20 smash burgers on the flattop.  Season with steak and chop seasoning.  Onion fried in bacon grease on burger, cheese on top of that to hold it in place.   Lettuce, tomato, mayo and pickle.

5 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

80/20 smash burgers on the flattop.  Season with steak and chop seasoning.  Onion fried in bacon grease on burger, cheese on top of that to hold it in place.   Lettuce, tomato, mayo and pickle.

What kind of cheese you putting on there? I did slices of sharp cheddar this weekend cause I wanted something besides kraft American 

Just like I'm not a fan of the tricked up steak, not a fan of the tricked up burger.

I love avocado, mushrooms, gruyere, fontina, arugula, fried egg, Sriracha, etc.... as much as anyone else - just not on my burger.

Give me lettuce, onion, pickle, mustard, salt, pepper and good old fashion American cheese - I'm a happy camper.

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

What kind of cheese you putting on there? I did slices of sharp cheddar this weekend cause I wanted something besides kraft American 

Varies by person.  I like real American cheese not the processed cheese food.  Wife like pepper jack and the boys like cheddar.

If you really want something different, get  whole portabella mushrooms.  Marinate in olive oil, red wine and garlic.  Grill it as you would a burger, top with mozzarella cheese  and serve it with tomato and mayo on a bun.   

4 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Varies by person.  I like real American cheese not the processed cheese food.  Wife like pepper jack and the boys like cheddar.

If you really want something different, get  whole portabella mushrooms.  Marinate in olive oil, red wine and garlic.  Grill it as you would a burger, top with mozzarella cheese  and serve it with tomato and mayo on a bun.   

Yea I’d rather have something besides the processed American cheese by kraft. 

And the mushrooms ive had kinda like that before except I didn’t do a bun. Did the portabella, tomato slice, olive oil, Italian seasoning, slice of mozzarella, and baked it. Was delicious. Will definitely have to try it like you suggested cause I love portabella mushrooms 

44 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Yea I’d rather have something besides the processed American cheese by kraft. 

gouda, havarti, fontina, smoked cheddar or provolone, swiss, grueyere, white cheddar, white american, brie, blue, feta, goat, munster, butterkase

best for melting are going to me semi-soft to semi hard on the scale.

I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and French fried potatoes.  I can skip the big kosher pickle, but will definitely do the cold draft beer.

Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. 

It's a burger!!! :mad:

Recipes?.......Really? .......Recipes? :dunno: 

Burgers are pretty versatile.

I like a fairly classic mustard lettuce tomato cheese.

Bacon swiss with carmelized onions.  Blue Cheese or a good BBQ sauce.  

Sometimes ill throw a couple onion rings under the cheese.  

Almost anything besides Mayo.  

5 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Playoffs?...............Playoffs??

The key is to use a standard squirt bottle filled with mayonnaise. Squirt the mayo inside the burger roughly three-quarters of the way through the cooking process. Then when your wife, girlfriend and or insignificant other squeezes the burger and bites into it, a huge wad of steaming mayo shoots out all over her face , chin, 

and breasticles.

10 hours ago, Big Guy said:

This.