Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Put in for 7 jobs...

6 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

I appreciate it man.  I have friends live in the area, but I'd rather not have an 1-2 hour commute.

To go 30 miles.  It will be maddening.  If you get the job, and find out exactly where you are working, maybe I can help more.

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

To go 30 miles.  It will be maddening.  If you get the job, and find out exactly where you are working, maybe I can help more.

PM sent... thanks!

From what I've been told, every mile closer to DC is another $100 on your monthly mortgage.  30 miles will take you hours if you're commuting normal business hours.  DC sucks so bad I don't even rent a car when I'm there anymore.  I stay a couple miles from the office and then uber or lyft in.  Fock that traffic.

On 5/27/2019 at 11:05 PM, mmmmm...beer said:

Naw... just shutting down a few small jails and opening up a large regional facility.

Larger areas we're also in charge of corrections.

What part of Montana Beer?

6 minutes ago, parrot said:

What part of Montana Beer?

Billings... I've lived there before.  Nice town... just same ol'.... might be fun to try something new.

7 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Billings... I've lived there before.  Nice town... just same ol'.... might be fun to try something new.

I thought so.  Is that a federal facility?  I have heard scuttlebutt that they might be moving the state prison to Billings within a few years.  

FINALLY... I was Referred for the  Washington, DC gig.  Hiring list issued yesterday.  Took a month to be issued.  Hopefully I make an interview.  I think I have a pretty good chance.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

FINALLY... I was Referred for the  Washington, DC gig.  Hiring list issued yesterday.  Took a month to be issued.  Hopefully I make an interview.  I think I have a pretty good chance.

Really rooting for ya. Sincerely. 

9 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Good luck.  You probably should've put down that you were Native American.  I hear that helps.

24 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Good luck.  You probably should've put down that you were Native American.  I hear that helps.

For what?  Ultra secret probation? 😃

32 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Also consider to include that you're transgender and Muslim.

Now that I think on it, it must have been 5-7 years ago that you were talking about retiring in five years.

We really loved living close to DC. I took my kids down from Frederick on the metro to visit some of the Smithsonian museums. At the end of the day, they were disappointed because there were still things they wanted to see. I told them no problem; I will bring you back tomorrow.

1 hour ago, BiPolarBear said:

We really loved living close to DC. I took my kids down from Frederick on the metro to visit some of the Smithsonian museums. At the end of the day, they were disappointed because there were still things they wanted to see. I told them no problem; I will bring you back tomorrow.

Yeah that's a pretty big draw for us as well.  Much better job.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Now that I think on it, it must have been 5-7 years ago that you were talking about retiring in five years.

Probably a couple years ago... I had 7 left.  My goal date right now is 12/31/2024.  That's my shelf life for this phase of my work career.

Just now, mmmmm...beer said:

Probably a couple years ago... I had 7 left.  My goal date right now is 12/31/2024.  That's my shelf life for this phase of my work career.

You were talking about a "high five" or some such thing that I asked about ahd you'd said that when you retire they take the highest five years of paygrade to factor in your earnings and damn, it sure seems like more than two years ago.

10 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

You were talking about a "high five" or some such thing that I asked about ahd you'd said that when you retire they take the highest five years of paygrade to factor in your earnings and damn, it sure seems like more than two years ago.

High 3... say I retire @ 50... they take the average of my highest 3 years salaries and pay me 37% of that for life.  If I was to stay until I'm 57... it raises up to about 40.5% of my high 3.

Oh it could have been awhile ago... but my date has never changed... the end of 2024.

On 5/28/2019 at 12:42 AM, mmmmm...beer said:

Looking at the Stafford, VA area to live if I get it... 1 - 1.5 hour commute... decent houses for $350k... cheaper than here in PDX area rinnow.  Stafford (right next to Quantico) is mostly military and cops... have some agent friends live there now.

Yeah but you would be in Stafford...  Also, that commute time would be on the fast time...  I-95 is a disaster...

7 minutes ago, posty said:

Yeah but you would be in Stafford...  Also, that commute time would be on the fast time...  I-95 is a disaster...

Sounds like they have slug lines... you park and ride and jump in a car for the fast lane.  Everyone does it.  I have a couple buddies live there now and do this.. have been for the last 7-10 years.

1 minute ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Sounds like they have slug lines... you park and ride and jump in a car for the fast lane.

They might...  I never have looked into slug lines, mainly because I would rather just drive and be by myself...

Interview for the DC job on Tuesday.  They were going to fly me in, but it was too short notice.

So... here's hoping it goes well.  

I think this is the one we want.

1 hour ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Interview for the DC job on Tuesday.  They were going to fly me in, but it was too short notice.

Good luck brother :thumbsup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Tell them you hate black people. You will be hired for sure!

46 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Tell them you hate black people. You will be hired for sure!

That was a prerequisite, but I'm sure it'll be a good thing to reiterate.

15 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Good luck man.  :cheers:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Congrats!  Let us know if you do get the offer and we can get serious about didn’t g you the best part of the ghetto to move to. 

• Like 1

Man you are one unsettled mofo.

Which isn’t really a criticism. I’m jealous, more than anything.

Best of luck in your search :cheers:

Welp... I think it went okay boys.   8 questions... the first seven I think I hit it out of the park.  The last question... not so much.  Told them I knew of it, read about it, but hadn't done it much and didn't want to try to BS them.  We just didn't utilize it much at our agency.  But I've done aspects of it and I will learn anything.

I think I was really really strong on the 1st seven... like subject matter expert on at least 4-5...enough to make that last one not so bad.

After thinking about it a bit I did email the lead interviewer thanking him for the opportunity.  Also told him I did know the last question... just brain fogged it.  Told him how we've used it a bit.  Apologies if my answer was inadequate during the interview.

Again thanked him.. hope to hear back.

So now we see what happens...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Update?  How's the search going?

Got the "Alternate" selection on the DC job... so.. nada from the others.  I've not given up looking.. just in limbo with my move right now... sucks.  Hopefully the current bosses both get moved on... been rumors.  This place will be great again without them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Got the "Alternate" selection on the DC job... so.. nada from the others.  I've not given up looking.. just in limbo with my move right now... sucks.  Hopefully the current bosses both get moved on... been rumors.  This place will be great again without them.

Disappointing, but thanks.

• Like 1