trumpurethra

Neighbors....

It is now summer time. People come out the house and start hanging out. So got to thinking about this.

Do you like your and do they like you?

Got some cool ones. Mexican dude 2 doors down and the hidu across the street pretty good buddies. Got a millennial couple next door, get the impression he kind of idolizes me but he kind of a doosh. Reminds me of lester burnham from American beauty. Can't confirm if he lusts after high school chicks but his wife definitely owns his balls. They drive his and hers volvos. Couple of the other dudes on the block come by for a beer and shoot the breeze once in awhile. I keep a cooler with beer on ice in the garage and back yard this time of year.👍

Anyway, none of the women on the block care for me far as I can tell. The millennial wife next door and my daughter are becoming friends. Daughter told me she has made a couple judgy comments about me. Understandable really and don't give a fock.

I'm not quite gran torino eastwood but I'm definitely not mr rogers either. So, what say yous?

• Haha 1

I'm not good friends with any of mine but not enemies either. The guys that live on either side of me aren't 'yard' guys which makes my yard look even better.

This is the first neighborhood I've ever lived in where we know all of our neighbors.

Close friends with a couple that lives 3 doors down and do a lot of traveling with them.  There are a few other families on the block I'd still call friends who we will do dinners/bbqs with but don't really hang out that often.  The guy behind us is a huge gardener and every year gives us a bunch of different kinds of peppers he's grown in his garden.  The rest are friendly and we have the normal "how about that weather/wow your kid is getting big" type conversations whenever we see each other.  Twice a year we throw big potluck style block parties with firetrucks/cop cars for the kids to climb around in, thousands of water balloons, and copious amounts of alcohol.  I love it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, trumpurethra said:

It is now summer time. People come out the house and start hanging out. So got to thinking about this.

Got some cool ones. Mexican dude 2 doors down and the hidu across the street pretty good buddies. Got a millennial couple next door, get the impression he kind of idolizes me but he kind of a doosh. Reminds me of lester burnham from American beauty. Can't confirm if he lusts after high school chicks but his wife definitely owns his balls. They drive his and hers volvos. Couple of the other dudes on the block come by for a beer and shoot the breeze once in awhile. I keep a cooler with beer on ice in the garage and back yard this time of year.👍

Anyway, none of the women on the block care for me far as I can tell. The millennial wife next door and my daughter are becoming friends. Daughter told me she has made a couple judgy comments about me. Understandable really and don't give a fock.

I'm not quite gran torino eastwood but I'm definitely not mr rogers either. So, what say yous?

Mexican, Hindu, millennial. 

I like my neighbors because they all look like me. Your neighborhood is way too diverse for me to get along with neighbors. 

Just now, Filthy Fernadez said:

So supposedly there's a thing about putting a pineapple upside down on your porch (or in your shopping cart) to indicate you're a swinger.

https://midlifemargaritas.com/2017/01/23/are-pineapples-a-dirty-little-secret/

I always thought it was a blue flower pot on the front porch. 

33 minutes ago, trumpurethra said:

Daughter told me she has made a couple judgy comments about me.

We don't like you either.

• Like 1

In Maryland we had fantastic neighbors. Lots of Federal employees. One guy bought submarines, another spoke at new conferences for the EPA. Our nextdoor neighbor worked on the Human Genome project. At dusk you could go outside and just listen for the laughter, and that would be where a bunch had gathered on someones back deck to drink wine.

Fabulous parties. For me, the best were given by a couple who moved there from the historic district of New Orleans. She would cook in high heels and entertain at the same time. She would drizzle caramel and chocolate on frozen glass. to garnish the desert.  We had progressive dinners for 40 people. At one time or another we had all of the different courses in our home. 

Then we moved to Fort Worth. My home town. The Evangelical hicks would barely acknowledge you. My next door neighbor came over and asked me to give him a ride to pick up his car. That was our interaction over a nine year period. Honestly there was nobody I wanted to hangout with anyway. A couple of years ago, a couple for Pennsylvania moved in.. She is a Pediatrician and he is an aerospace engineer. I had talked to her numerous times, while she walked the dog, before I met him. When I went over to watch a Penn State game at a party they threw, I started talking to the husband. He is a lead guitar player in a band. He is funny and gregarious. I told him that I could not imagine an engineer that deserved the Goddess of Spring, but that he was that person. He thought it was funny and went and told her. 

My goal is to move along the coast of Florida, and to be far enough from my closest neighbor to be able to turn up my guitar amps and not worry about bothering anyone. 

Great question.  Surrounded on 3 sides.  Medium size yards, so we can easily see each other and converse.  For the 1st 10 years of living there, the neighbors rarely ever went in the back yard, I had complete privacy.  Now, 2 of the 3 are out there regularly.  Unmarried, childless young white couple next door, we are friendly, but don't really hang out. Married(I assume) couple behind me with 2 kids.  They never say a word or even look at me when I am back there.  Other "family" is an unknown number of latinos.  They are nice enough, but keep the yard like junk and have 9 cars.  It's not a stereotype if it's real.

Short answer, my immediate neighbors kind of suck.  I will try to improve on it.

I live in the country and I don't like people popping in so at my house I don't really know my neighbors too well except for the older couple across the road.  He's helped me out a lot over the years and back when I drank he and I shared many a beer.  I honestly don't like knowing people.   I always see people I know from the store at other stores, grocery stores etc, and there is always that awkward eye contact and pause and fock, now I gotta talk to this idiot kind of moment.  

I usually get along well with my neighbors. I make a point of going over and introducing myself and my wife when we move in. It’s always nice to be on good terms with your neighbors. They can make your life a living hell if they don’t like you. Haven’t had any bad neighbors yet (unless you count when i was in the dorms for 3 months in the AF when I first became permanent party). But usually I get in good with my neighbors and end up cooking out or having a few beers with them 

We have a younger couple with two young boys on one side.  They are nice, and the husband is a firefighter, so I have a level of trust with him when it comes to kids playing in the area.  They just finished tearing down/rebuilding their house.

On the other side is a 98 year old lady.  Still has her wits about her but is confined to a wheel chair.  Her house is the oldest and smallest on the block, so it prime for a teardown once she passes.

We have lots of older people who stay inside 24/7.  We are slowly starting to get a younger wave.

6 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

On the other side is a 98 year old lady.  Still has her wits about her but is confined to a wheel chair

Let's iron out the wrinkles of your story................CAN SIZE?!

There was a black in the neighborhood. There isn't anymore.  But we got some of the others.  Some dot heads, a Dominican and an Albanian. The rest are normal Americans. I bought my house from a Cuban. Win win for the neighborhood 

Older couples on both sides of us. No kids.  They’re very friendly and we get along well.  But we don’t really hang out   

A few couples our age are across the street but we really only say hi in passing. 

We have some friends that live a block away and others 3 blocks away.  

About 1/3 of the houses in our hood are short term vacation rentals, so there’s always a party going on in the summer.  

Only one of those is next to our house, but I expect most of he homes in our hood to go that way eventually.  

We plan to do the same 

We have been in the same house for 24 years.  Same with most of my neighbors since the houses were all built around the same time.  There are quite a few of us who get together on Friday nights for beer and pizza.  We watch their house and animals when they are away and they do the same for us. I golf with several of the guys on a regular basis.  We have watched each other's kids grow up over the years.

Not everyone gets lucky and people want to move into our neighborhood.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Great question.  Surrounded on 3 sides.  Medium size yards, so we can easily see each other and converse.  For the 1st 10 years of living there, the neighbors rarely ever went in the back yard, I had complete privacy.  Now, 2 of the 3 are out there regularly.  Unmarried, childless young white couple next door, we are friendly, but don't really hang out. Married(I assume) couple behind me with 2 kids.  They never say a word or even look at me when I am back there.  Other "family" is an unknown number of latinos.  They are nice enough, but keep the yard like junk and have 9 cars.  It's not a stereotype if it's real.

Short answer, my immediate neighbors kind of suck.  I will try to improve on it.

Are you in one of those areas of the country that doesn't have backyard fences? With the fence and shrubbery/trees, I can't see my neighbors when they're in their backyard.

I can hear them though. :angry:

Never fails, when the weather is nice and we want to open up the windows to get a breeze in the house, there's focking Vern, firing up a saw or burning yard waste or someshit.  :mad:

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Are you in one of those areas of the country that doesn't have backyard fences? With the fence and shrubbery/trees, I can't see my neighbors when they're in their backyard.

I can hear them though. :angry:

Never fails, when the weather is nice and we want to open up the windows to get a breeze in the house, there's focking Vern, firing up a saw or burning yard waste or someshit.  :mad:

50's neighborhood.  Old chainlink fences.  All the bushes I inherited were ancient and died off, so I removed them. Now it's wide open.  I need to add a few new bushes, but I need to clear out old roots etc. first.  

I get along with both my neighbors - one an older couple and the others are about 5-10 years younger than me.  Although, their lawns look fantastic so I'm jealous of that.  I can't grow grass to save my life.

I live in the teachers apartment building on campus.

Apartment on one side is empty.

Other side is a Russian couple. They're very nice, but are some of the most boring people I've ever met. She's pretty hot though.

Another Russian teacher lives across the hall. She's hot and boring too. She and my wife are friends though. I have a running joke about having her over for a three way.

British guy down the hall. He's kind of a recluse.

All the other neighbors are Chinese. I hate them all. One guy sits with his door open all day and just stares out in the hall. He's creepy. The lady across the hall does really annoying chinese singing all the time. Sounds like a cat being raped. There's a Chinese couple next to her that argues loudly all the time.

Only one cool Chinese guy. He banged another teacher last year. She ended up quitting her job in shame.

They probably hate me too. I bought a really loud speaker and pretty much play it as loud as I want.

On the weekend, all the Chinese leave, and it's just us and the Russians. 

14 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

On the weekend, all the Chinese leave, and it's just us and the Russians. 

Where do they go?  :dunno:

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

China

19 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

House sits on 45 acres.  What neighbors?

That's the kind of neighbors I want.  :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Home. This is a boarding school. On Friday, all of the students, and most of the teachers, leave and go wherever home is. It's pretty much just the foreigners here on the weekends. 

3 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Home. This is a boarding school. On Friday, all of the students, and most of the teachers, leave and go wherever home is. It's pretty much just the foreigners here on the weekends. 

Gotcha.  :cheers:

Nobody behind us (Thank God - no houses), retired couple across the street, retired couple to the left, couple in their 40's to the right of us (older kids but, adopted an Asian kid who is about 10 or so).  I don't think any of these people drink, it's weird..  I have a beer in my hand during the weekend all over the yard, grilling, yard work, whatever, never see anybody else drinking, fock that..  I don't want to be friendly with people like that.  How about that weather only types of conversations. 

Oh, and, in my neighborhood..  If you don't have a loudmouth yappy focking miniature God knows what to walk, you aren't cool.  I want to punt every last one of them..  

I live in a townhouse attached on one side to another townhouse. The neighbors are a couple in their mid/late 60s. They are great - I may see them once a month and never heard a thing coming from next door. :thumbsup:

The rest of the Street / neighborhood is fine. There are multiple churches and a funeral home on my block so usually ample parking and quiet. I tend to see the same people when walking the dog and they’re all nice. 

One house around the corner has a younger guy (20s) who spends a lot of time with his friends smoking dope in the yard. I was a stoner at his age so I don’t care. 

Complete cack across the street....planning a hit...all the other neighbors are cool.  

I swear I typed a longer response to this a few days ago, maybe I backbuttoned it?  There was nothing offensive.  :dunno:

Anyway, I live at the end of a cul de sac with 8 houses.  Next door on the right is a couple in their early 60s who I would consider our best friends on the street; we help each other out often but don't generally socialize.  Other side is a couple in their 70s; I think he has dementia.  He is from within 15 minutes of my podunk NE PA town, small world.  We occasionally help each other out but are more acquaintances.  He used to not like when we had grass and the water from the sprinklers would rust his fence, but we moved to desert landscaping so he probably hates me less.

Younger couple with young kids on the end left, we got to know him when he went to our gym but he has since quit.  They are outside quite a bit with the kids so we talk but again, acquaintances.  Everyone else we occasionally see at best.

This is an older established community and people don't seem to see the need to mingle with neighbors, which is a shame.  Our last house was a new build community; everyone was new and more interested in getting to know their neighbors.  I miss that but at this point new builds are too far away from the city for me.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I live in a townhouse attached on one side to another townhouse. The neighbors are a couple in their mid/late 60s. They are great - I may see them once a month and never heard a thing coming from next door. :thumbsup:

The rest of the Street / neighborhood is fine. There are multiple churches and a funeral home on my block so usually ample parking and quiet. I tend to see the same people when walking the dog and they’re all nice. 

One house around the corner has a younger guy (20s) who spends a lot of time with his friends smoking dope in the yard. I was a stoner at his age so I don’t care. 

That doesn't sound like Fishtown. Not at all. 

They got a committee to get me off the block

cause I play my rhymes loud and I play ‘em non stop. :banana:

10 hours ago, MDC said:

I was a stoner at his age so I don’t care. :thumbsup:

Of course you were :(

9 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Of course you were :(

True. I was a daily pot smoker from 17-18 until nearly 30. I probably dropped acid or did shrooms 25-30 times in that window, tried coke a few dozen times, took pills. And of course I smoked heroin that one time.

Today I drink light beer and beat off in the shower every day before work. Getting old is the suck. :(

9 hours ago, MDC said:

True. I was a daily pot smoker from 17-18 until nearly 30. I probably dropped acid or did shrooms 25-30 times in that window, tried coke a few dozen times, took pills. And of course I smoked heroin that one time.

Today I drink light beer and beat off in the shower every day before work. Getting old is the suck. :(

What damage. Poor bastard :(

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 12th Man said:

What damage. Poor bastard :(

And no puzzy. Some peoples 20's sucked. 

I know this one guy who has waaaayyyy more puzzay than any man needs. Lives in Buttmont. Think his kid is Downs too. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I know this one guy who has waaaayyyy more puzzay than any man needs. Lives in Buttmont. Think his kid is Downs too. 

Everyone where I live makes at least 100k. Leaves you out.