Sign in to follow this  
shorepatrol

NBA Finals

Pretty sloppy azz play from GS so far. I don't expect Toronto to keep up this good shooting.  Decent game 

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

I don't expect Toronto to keep up this good shooting.

That’s what I said when the Bucks played them...Toronto exceeded my expectations.

Glad to see that GS isn’t going to walk thru this series.  

I should have out money on Toronto when the odds were great.

46 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Glad to see that GS isn’t going to walk thru this series.  

I should have out money on Toronto when the odds were great.

I did. Not saying I expected Toronto to win easily or that I dont think GS can or will win. They could win in 6, wouldn't shock me. What did shock me was the utter dismissal of Toronto leading up to last night. All the espn NY talking heads and all the listener callers were calling for a sweep, not even close, maybe Toronto steals one game, etc.... It was pointed out that Curry and Leonard would cancel out and that the rest of the GS cast was so much better (including Kerr, Klay, Draymond) and more experienced. 

1. Leonard > Curry. Sure, Curry is the better shooter but Leonard is the best 2 way player in basketball

2. Obviously the Warriors have been the the last bajillion finals so they are going to have more finals experience.... I think just going by that totally dismisses guys like Marc Gasol for example who are just rock solid veteran players. Does he seem like a guy who would be overwhelmed by the finals? Is Siakam not extremely talented? Is Kyle Lowry not a great passer and gritty defender even when he's having trouble scoring?

3. Do the Raptors not have home court?

Just seemed like a good bet to make.

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

This started last night? Huh.

Yeah at 9 ET, in Toronto :wacko:

I'll never watch a basketball game to begin but the casual fan might enjoy watching a game that gets over before midnight.

2 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

Yeah at 9 ET, in Toronto :wacko:

I'll never watch a basketball game to begin but the casual fan might enjoy watching a game that gets over before midnight.

I honestly didn't know.......... I was watching the LPGA US Open rd. 1 I taped y-day. :D 

Looks like the Sixers are the second best team in basketball. :bandana:

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Looks like the Sixers are the second best team in basketball. :bandana:

It's crazy to think that Toronto beat the Sixers in game 7 on a shot that bounced around the rim 4 times. Just shows you how close they are.

13 minutes ago, The Observer said:

It's crazy to think that Toronto beat the Sixers in game 7 on a shot that bounced around the rim 4 times. Just shows you how close they are.

Sixers bring back their core, keep Embiid fresh through load management and get a better backup C and PG and I think they can beat anyone. Whether that happens who knows.

Just now, MDC said:

Sixers bring back their core, keep Embiid fresh through load management and get a better backup C and PG and I think they can beat anyone. Whether that happens who knows.

Simmons needs to develop a jump shot. He doesn't have to become Steff Curry, but he at least has to be good enough that he isn't scared to take a wide open 12 footer. It's embarrassing that he didn't improve on that from year one to year two.   I hope Butler stays. If not, I'd take Kawhi Leaonard.  lol

16 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Simmons needs to develop a jump shot. He doesn't have to become Steff Curry, but he at least has to be good enough that he isn't scared to take a wide open 12 footer. It's embarrassing that he didn't improve on that from year one to year two.   I hope Butler stays. If not, I'd take Kawhi Leaonard.  lol

Spot on about Simmons, he took 5 shots in a deciding game 7 and couldn't be used in the 4th quarter.

That's a disaster from one of your supposed superstars. 

42 minutes ago, The Observer said:

You’re right on the open 10-footer. I’d love for Ben to shoot 65-70% from the stripe too. I also think he needs to play beside / with a true PG and his future is probably in a point forward type role.

I get frustrated with Sixer fans who think the team should trade him though. Simmons is an All NBA caliber defender who averages nearly a triple double at age 22. He’s far better than Giannis was at the same stage in his career. Ben’s floor is All Star and his ceiling is Top 3 player in the league. You don’t trade those players.

Sixers probably lose Tobias right? 

Simmons needs to improve his shooting so he's not rajon rondo out there (I know it was mentioned 4 times). Can't stand embiid though. Sorry.

Year 8 of the process might be the year!

All joking aside and expected upsetting of MDC, it's actually comical how bad the sixes were at their rebuild. They literally wasted so many of their precious haul of draft picks (noel, okafor, MCW, fultz) hard to praise them for tanking so much that they landed 1 superstar and 1 all star who needs a jump shot

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Sixers probably lose Tobias right? 

Simmons needs to improve his shooting so he's not rajon rondo out there (I know it was mentioned 4 times). Can't stand embiid though. Sorry.

Year 8 of the process might be the year!

You crammed a lot of dumb into this post. Is that you Jared Dudley?

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

You crammed a lot of dumb into this post.

Hah knew you would respond nstantly

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Hah knew you would respond nstantly

Congrats. How’d your Greg Oden 2.0 prediction work out? I didn’t collect on our last sig bet. I figured anyone dumber enough to bet the Nets would win more games than Philly 3 years in a row deserved mercy. :cheers:

30 minutes ago, MDC said:

Congrats. How’d your Greg Oden 2.0 prediction work out? I didn’t collect on our last sig bet. I figured anyone dumber enough to bet the Nets would win more games than Philly 3 years in a row deserved mercy. :cheers:

You get your panties ruffled so easily :D

first of all, we made one bet and I changed my sig. We made another and you never PMd me a sig. We never did 3 bets.. also it's all fun to me. The Nets shouldn't be winning more games than Philly anyway.

second, you know my Greg Oden comment was because of similar big men with foot issues. I belive I said "I hope he's not Greg Oden 2.0" or something to that effect but I'm sure you can research and see if I made an actual prediction.

third, what did I say that was incorrect. Isn't this year 7 or 8 of the process? Ben Simmons is clearly better than rondo but was rondo not a triple double guy with great passing and driving ability but no jump shot early in his career with boston?

that's the last ill.mention it. Not going to derail the thread anymore talking about a team who came up short

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

first of all, we made one bet and I changed my sig. We made another and you never PMd me a sig. We never did 3 bets.. also it's all fun to me. The Nets shouldn't be winning more games than Philly anyway.

second, you know my Greg Oden comment was because of similar big men with foot issues. I belive I said "I hope he's not Greg Oden 2.0" or something to that effect but I'm sure you can research and see if I made an actual prediction.

third, what did I say that was incorrect. Isn't this year 7 or 8 of the process? Ben Simmons is clearly better than rondo but was rondo not a triple double guy with great passing and driving ability but no jump shot early in his career with boston?

that's the last ill.mention it. Not going to derail the thread anymore talking about a team who came up ahort

Not sure how the process was a failure. They've accomplished exactly what they wanted. They realized they could hover around .500 forever or tank and become a contender for the title.  Besides Golden State, they are as good as any team in the league now. They knew they had to suck for a few years to get there. And now, they are there. That was the goal. You're right in that there were a few bad picks along the way. Thank God for the rest of the league. Imagine if they'd have drafted Tatum or Mitchell instead of Fultz?

9 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Not sure how the process was a failure. They've accomplished exactly what they wanted. They realized they could hover around .500 forever or tank and become a contender for the title.  Besides Golden State, they are as good as any team in the league now. They knew they had to suck for a few years to get there. And now, they are there. That was the goal. You're right in that there were a few bad picks along the way. Thank God for the rest of the league. Imagine if they'd have drafted Tatum or Mitchell instead of Fultz?

Who said failure? The 6ers have 2 very talented and exciting young players (even if Embiid is annoying)... hopefully Butler and Harris stay or can he replaced with equal talent or Philly will take a small step back.

I said it's been 7 or 8 years just to hit on really 2 players despite probably having 10 first rounders since 2013 with many of those being lottery and top 3 overall.

Teams should absolutely not flounder around .509. I agree. They also shouldn't need to tank for that long to get it right. 

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Who said failure? The 6ers have 2 very talented and exciting young players (even if Embiid is annoying)... hopefully Butler and Harris stay or can he replaced with equal talent or Philly will take a small step back.

I said it's been 7 or 8 years just to hit on really 2 players despite probably having 10 first rounders since 2013 with many of those being lottery and top 3 overall.

Teams should absolutely not flounder around .509. I agree. They also shouldn't need to tank for that long to get it right. 

You said it's comical how badly they did with their rebuild. They are a 30 foot jumpshot that hit the rim four times-away from being exactly where they want to be. How was that a bad rebuild?  What progress did the Nets make in that time period?

16 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

that's the last ill.mention it. Not going to derail the thread anymore talking about a team who came up short

We made the same bet three years in a row. The last time I didn’t bother to collect because obviously you don’t know shiit. 

You said Embiid was Greg Oden 2.0. Whoops.

The process started when Jrue was traded in 2013. That was 6 years ago. The last two years weren’t part of the process - the Sixers won 50+ games.

Huge fail all around. Want another sig bet next year?

did not watch? was there lots of traveling not called?

1 hour ago, MDC said:

We made the same bet three years in a row. The last time I didn’t bother to collect because obviously you don’t know shiit. 

You said Embiid was Greg Oden 2.0. Whoops.

The process started when Jrue was traded in 2013. That was 6 years ago. The last two years weren’t part of the process - the Sixers won 50+ games.

Huge fail all around. Want another sig bet next year?

Lol. You're flying off the rails. We made 2 sig bets my man. Only 2. I changed my sig the first time, you never sent me a sig the 2nd time. It's been blank ever since I removed the first wager signature.

I don't know shiit because I made some small, fun, meaningless wagers with you where I outright said I expected to lose? I know more about sports than you could ever hope to know. You continue to dodge all my valid points and harp on Greg Oden 2.0.... Let's hope Embiid stays healthy. Sat a lot of games this year to keep him that way right?

Process over due to playoff series win in the east? :D

"Huge fail all around"... okay champ

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

You said it's comical how badly they did with their rebuild. They are a 30 foot jumpshot that hit the rim four times-away from being exactly where they want to be. How was that a bad rebuild?  What progress did the Nets make in that time period?

Their rebuild was comically long and included a comical number of high draft picks that were more or less wasted. The nets became a playoff team in a 2 year turnaround under their current regime and did so without relying on purposely tanking. How can you even compare the timelines or types of rebuild? :D

You're not a sports guy, it's okay.

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Their rebuild was comically long and included a comical number of high draft picks that were more or less wasted. The nets became a playoff team in a 2 year turnaround under their current regime and did so without relying on purposely tanking. How can you even compare the timelines or types of rebuild? :D

The Nets just got their asses kicked in by the Sixers and they’ll probably max Deangelo. :lol:

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

The Nets just got their asses kicked in by the Sixers and they’ll probably max Deangelo. :lol:

And?.... your point? Come at me with some solid thoughts and reasoning. It took sean marks 2 years to mold the nets roster into a playoff team. Wouldnt we expect the sixes to beat them easily given how much further they are into their rebuild?

It took a lot tries but the Sixers have two really great top 3 draft picks. No one is arguing that.

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

And?.... your point? 

That the Sixers have a chance at a title over the next 3-5 years but the Nets right now are capped at a 6-8 seed and getting their shiit kicked in by actual contenders? That’s why teams tank - to get top talent. The Nets best player wouldn’t start for Philly. 

Congrats on making it back to the postseason though. 

25 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Becoming a playoff team by sneaking in and never being a threat for the title isn't exactly a sign of a rebuild.  The Nets have sucked since I can remember. And the Sixers turnaround wasn't all that long. Lying about it taking 8 years doesn't make the Nets any better.

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

That the Sixers have a chance at a title over the next 3-5 years but the Nets right now are capped at a 6-8 seed and getting their shiit kicked in by actual contenders? That’s why teams tank - to get top talent. The Nets best player wouldn’t start for Philly. 

Congrats on making it back to the postseason though. 

I'm not going to predict free agency but you do know Nets will have room for two max deals even if one happens to be russell. Many different ways to build a team. No smart bball fan thinks that Marks and Atkinson haven't done an amazing job in their short time. The rebuild obviously isn't over.

Russell would definitely start in the back court for Philly. Dinwiddie might as well. 

29 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I'm not going to predict free agency but you do know Nets will have room for two max deals even if one happens to be russell. Many different ways to build a team. No smart bball fan thinks that Marks and Atkinson haven't done an amazing job in their short time. The rebuild obviously isn't over.

Russell would definitely start in the back court for Philly. Dinwiddie might as well. 

Russell and Dinwiddie would be nice bench players here. Good luck in year 5 of the rebuild. :thumbsup: 

56 minutes ago, MDC said:

Russell and Dinwiddie would be nice bench players here. Good luck in year 5 of the rebuild. :thumbsup: 

:lol: didn't realize Marks had been here 5 years :doh: .  I bow down to you sir, your basketball knowledge is unmatched. 

20 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

:lol: didn't realize Marks had been here 5 years :doh: .  I bow down to you sir, your basketball knowledge is unmatched. 

Neither has Brand, dumbfock. :overhead:

This feels like a case of Toronto peaking too early.  They probably come back down to Earth later in this series and lose to the Warriors IMO.

2 hours ago, riversco said:

This feels like a case of Toronto peaking too early.  They probably come back down to Earth later in this series and lose to the Warriors IMO.

Agreed. Toronto would have likely been better off dropping game 1 and possibly even game 2, then maybe peaking a bit later in the series. Marathon, not sprint. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Agreed. Toronto would have likely been better off dropping game 1 and possibly even game 2, then maybe peaking a bit later in the series. Marathon, not sprint. 

:lol: