Sign in to follow this  
shorepatrol

NBA Finals

5 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

Agreed. Toronto would have likely been better off dropping game 1 and possibly even game 2, then maybe peaking a bit later in the series. Marathon, not sprint. 

Seconded. They done focked up. Live and learn.

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Warriors in 4.

Didn't Toronto win one already? 

On 6/1/2019 at 12:42 PM, riversco said:

This feels like a case of Toronto peaking too early.  They probably come back down to Earth later in this series and lose to the Warriors IMO.

There ya go. Now Toronto has a better shot in this thing. 

1 minute ago, sderk said:

Didn't Toronto win one already? 

Warriors in 3.

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Warriors in 3.

Isn't there a guaranteed 5 games now? I'm confused.

1 minute ago, sderk said:

Isn't there a guaranteed 5 games now? I'm confused.

Warriors in 2.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

There ya go. Now Toronto has a better shot in this thing. 

I’m glad Toronto saw that post and took note. Should make for an interesting series now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Most of me wants to see the warriors fall.

But a small part of me doesn't like the thought of a Canadian city winning the NBA title. 

I like Kahwi, he doesn’t seem like a doosh. I also like Curry and Igoudala but those guys have won enough. Fock the Warriors.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

I like Kahwi, he doesn’t seem like a doosh. I also like Curry and Igoudala but those guys have won enough. Fock the Warriors.

Wanna reply to this thread? You were talking big. 

Also, there is another thread that you "bumped", and then you peenied the post. Wanna answer to that too? Or are you now going to back away. Pvssy.

On 6/1/2019 at 1:42 PM, riversco said:

This feels like a case of Toronto peaking too early.  They probably come back down to Earth later in this series and lose to the Warriors IMO.

On 6/1/2019 at 3:52 PM, cbfalcon said:

Agreed. Toronto would have likely been better off dropping game 1 and possibly even game 2, then maybe peaking a bit later in the series. Marathon, not sprint. 

What is  this peaking strategy?  You think their plan was to hit it hard games 1&2, then relax and let GS get the wins on their home court?

Give it all, every game, period.  

18 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Most of me wants to see the warriors fall.

But a small part of me doesn't like the thought of a Canadian city winning the NBA title. 

Toronto hosted the very first NBA game ever in 1946

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vuduchile said:

What is  this peaking strategy?  You think their plan was to hit it hard games 1&2, then relax and let GS get the wins on their home court?

Give it all, every game, period.  

Apparently you aren't familiar with the lessons provided by Aesop's Fables.

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

Is that the one where she takes it in the azz and pretends not to like it, but you can tell she REALLY does? I really like those Fables :wub:

2 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

A best of 7 basketball series is much different than a foot race.  

Meanwhile, the network’s Game 2 broadcast raked in a 3.8 average rating with 10.79 million viewers. Similar to ABC’s Game 1 broadcast this year, that 3.8 and 10.79 million viewer audience was down considerably from the 5.2 early rating and 14.28 million viewers that the network’s Game 2 broadcast scored in 2018, which later adjusted up to a 6.5 final rating with 18.47 million viewers.

No LeBron = No TV ratings?

1 minute ago, Vince44 said:

Meanwhile, the network’s Game 2 broadcast raked in a 3.8 average rating with 10.79 million viewers. Similar to ABC’s Game 1 broadcast this year, that 3.8 and 10.79 million viewer audience was down considerably from the 5.2 early rating and 14.28 million viewers that the network’s Game 2 broadcast scored in 2018, which later adjusted up to a 6.5 final rating with 18.47 million viewers.

No LeBron = No TV ratings?

Combination of no Lebron and people being bored with the Warriors all-star team.

This feels like a case of Toronto peaking too early in this game. They should be trying to win by a little less at this point. They probably come back down to Earth in the second half and lose to the Warriors IMO

38 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

This feels like a case of Toronto peaking too early in this game. They should be trying to win by a little less at this point. They probably come back down to Earth in the second half and lose to the Warriors IMO

:lol: Good one

A two time “MVP” in Stephen Curry.   A 3 time All Star Draymond Green. A 4 time All Star Boogie Cousins.  An NBA Finals MVP plus 1 time NBA All Star in Andre Iguodala.     Just got blown out at home to the Toronto Focking Raptors.

Spare me the excuses.

6 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

A two time “MVP” in Stephen Curry.   A 3 time All Star Draymond Green. A 4 time All Star Boogie Cousins.  An NBA Finals MVP plus 1 time NBA All Star in Andre Iguodala.     Just got blown out at home to the Toronto Focking Raptors.

Spare me the excuses.

Weird response. Curry was clearly the best player on the court. Also dumb to mention Cousins, he's clearly not healthy.

They are missing a few horses, you may have heard.. 

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Who was GS missing last night besides Klay?

Is this a serious question, I can't tell sometimes.

Kevon Looney and Kevin Durant. Klay is a huge deal, obviously.

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

Is this a serious question, I can't tell sometimes.

Kevon Looney and Kevin Durant. Klay is a huge deal, obviously.

I don't know who Kevon Looney is, but I didn't think KD was even needed for GS to blow through the Raptors.  :dunno:

11 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I don't know who Kevon Looney is, but I didn't think KD was even needed for GS to blow through the Raptors.  :dunno:

All good, most non-basketball folks wouldn't know who Looney is.  He's been a really good player this season for them though.

They can handle the KD loss if Klay is healthy, tough to overcome both being out.  This kind of stuff is pretty common knowledge.

don't most teams need a 2nd scoring option to win?  As I am getting older, did mj win any titles without scotty?

I think the gsw win with either klay or kd.

22 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

don't most teams need a 2nd scoring option to win?  As I am getting older, did mj win any titles without scotty?

I think the gsw win with either klay or kd.

This stuff is a given, people like to take shots at Steph for some reason though.  Even though he was phenomenal last night, the jealousy over his success causes people to do and say stupid things.  It's mostly LeBron stans who are upset that Steph and this GS team stopped him from being the GOAT.

They don't have the ability to focus from one game to the next.  Pure prisoners of the moment.  

The only bad thing about Toronto winning is having to see that insufferable doosh Drake celebrate it :wall:

3 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

The only bad thing about Toronto winning is having to see that insufferable doosh Drake celebrate it :wall:

Agreed. He's a huge dooshwad.  Making it all about himself.

8 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Spare me the excuses.

How's lebron doing ?

I'm not a fan of Lebron.  I really like Kawhi.  Steph is somewhere in between.

Kawhi puts his head down and plays.  You rarely see him biching about calls or non-calls.  I never hear him complaining about teammates.  He does his job and plays both ends of the floor.

49 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I'm not a fan of Lebron.  I really like Kawhi.  Steph is somewhere in between.

Kawhi puts his head down and plays.  You rarely see him biching about calls or non-calls.  I never hear him complaining about teammates.  He does his job and plays both ends of the floor.

Agreed on Kawhi before last year, I'm not a big fan of that whole quitting on your team deal.  There was a point when he was healthy and refused to play.  That's a no-go for me.

15 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Bump for the fourth quarter

Raptors in control again.  Warriors on heir heels.