Sign in to follow this  
shorepatrol

NBA Finals

On 6/2/2019 at 10:48 PM, Reality said:

Warriors in 4.

I can’t wait until Klay and KD leave next year for free agency then Curry and Draymond fall into obscurity.  :lol:

nba pretty much sucks. but i kinda like kawhi. said it after he beat sixers. quiet nondoosh that just plays. hope they win. 

17 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I can’t wait until Klay and KD leave next year for free agency then Curry and Draymond fall into obscurity.  :lol:

You don't think GS will get a couple big free agents to replace them if they do? :lol: They will reload and be back in the finals next year. 

Toronto is pacing themselves well. Had they won game 2 in addition to these other games, GS would be better positioned for the last 3. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Good God man.

:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

Toronto is pacing themselves well. Had they won game 2 in addition to these other games, GS would be better positioned for the last 3. 

I think the series is over. After las night, Toronto has shown GS everything they have. No more rabbits out of the hat...GS has played this series perfectly, which you’d expect from the team in their 5th straight NBA finals. Toronto had a good run.

31 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I think the series is over. After las night, Toronto has shown GS everything they have. No more rabbits out of the hat...GS has played this series perfectly, which you’d expect from the team in their 5th straight NBA finals. Toronto had a good run.

I see what you are seeing. With that game 1 effort out of Toronto, it’s difficult to imagine them having the juice left for the finishing kick they’ll need to win any of the next 3.

The best metaphor available is Toronto being the JaRule to Golden State’s Dominic Toretto. 

Durant plans to play in Game 5 Monday

TORONTO -- Golden State Warriors forward Kevin Durant plans to play in Monday's Game 5 of the NBA Finals against the Toronto Raptors, a league source told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Durant took part in morning shootaround and then went to receive treatment for the injured calf that has kept him out since May 8. He practiced Sunday with his teammates for the first time since getting hurt.

"It looked good and we'll see where it all goes," Warriors coach Steve Kerr said.

After practice Sunday, the 30-year-old Durant had two big ice packs wrapped around the lower part of his right calf and his right Achilles tendon. He walked toward the team bus with assistant coach Mike Brown and members of the Warriors' training staff.

This might be the biggest return from injury in a championship since LaRusso came out during the All Valley

22 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

This might be the biggest return from injury in a championship since LaRusso came out during the All Valley

I wonder if he'll try to pull a Willis Reed drama act.  Run out of the locker room just before tip off.  I could see it.

Figures Canadians cheer after KD gets hurt. 

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

Figures Canadians cheer after KD gets hurt. 

That was disgusting. Focking homo snow mexicans

12 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Congrats Toronto:lol:

Not to worry.  Millions of men suffer from premature ejaculation.

You’ll get em next time.  

Up 6, opponent reeling, and you call a TIMEOUT. Are you kidding me? Awful. Worst called timeout since Chris Webber.

3 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Up 6, opponent reeling, and you call a TIMEOUT. Are you kidding me? Awful. Worst called timeout since Chris Webber.

Agreed.  Weird TO call, killed the momentum.

Toronto goes on a 10 to 2 run and calls those back-to-back time outs (why in gods name are you calling time outs on a run?) 
Golden state went on a 9-2 run after that to win the game. 

Coach...explain that.

• Like 1

Coach is a tinkerer.  He's always trying to make some move.  He didn't realize the move was to just let his players close out the game.  The job was done.

The other mistake was that they came out in that clogged toilet offense where they try to burn the clock down before throwing up a low percentage shot.

I was guessing that the raptors would open at -1 for game 6.  They came out at +3.5.  :)

5 minutes ago, nobody said:

The other mistake was that they came out in that clogged toilet offense where they try to burn the clock down before throwing up a low percentage shot.

I don't get this in any sport. If you are ahead, what you were doing was working. Keep doing that. Don't get conservative and try to milk clock. Keep the foot on their neck and stomp. 

That falcons pats super bowl was another prime example. 

Canadians are dumber than a screen door on a battleship. 

Bunch of Monday Morning QB's in here, Toronto was obviously gassed and that's why he took the TO.

Also, no lead is ever safe when you are playing against the best shooting backcourt in the history of the game. 

Was Kevin Durant shot and killed last night or something?  People are crying on social media.  Sheesh.  

1.  He had a calf strain a month ago.

2.  He was medically cleared to play

3.  He practiced the day before

4.  He warmed up on the court and was dancing in the tunnel.

5.  He gets paid multi millions of dollars to play basketball.

6.  Never good when it happens but Injuries are a part of athletics.  Always have been, always will.  It happens.  

Mexico State Warriors favored by 3 for game 6. 

28 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Was Kevin Durant shot and killed last night or something?  People are crying on social media.  Sheesh.  

1.  He had a calf strain a month ago.

2.  He was medically cleared to play

3.  He practiced the day before

4.  He warmed up on the court and was dancing in the tunnel.

5.  He gets paid multi millions of dollars to play.

6.  Injuries are a part of athletics.  Always have been, always will.  It happens.

Yeah, hard to feel too sorry for a guy who decided to sign with the best team to get some easy rings and has a 30 million dollar option he can sign.  Every day, construction workers, farmers, and Uber drivers get injured and worry about losing their homes.  Let's not overdo it with the Durant sympathy. 

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Bunch of Monday Morning QB's in here, Toronto was obviously gassed and that's why he took the TO.

Also, no lead is ever safe when you are playing against the best shooting backcourt in the history of the game. 

Disagree. Toronto might have been gassed, but the Warriors were DONE. They were like a group of deer in headlights. They were finished off mentally. The timeout allowed them to re-group. I will double-down on what I said: One of the worst coaching moves I've ever seen. It's like a prize fighter having his opponent out of it on the ropes and opting to go get a manicure while his opponent steadies himself. You knock the other guy out when you have not only the chance, but the clear path to do so. 

• Like 1

Does peanultimatestraw or medstudent still post here?

Is a month old calf strain a normal precursor to a ruptured Achilles?    Or is it more likely that this is a separate fluke injury?

9 hours ago, nobody said:

Coach is a tinkerer.  He's always trying to make some move.  He didn't realize the move was to just let his players close out the game.  The job was done.

This. The job was done. The Warriors were 100% finished. You could see it in their demeanor. 

Just now, Fumbleweed said:

Disagree. Toronto might have been gassed, but the Warriors were DONE. They were like a group of deer in headlights. They were finished off mentally. The timeout allowed them to re-group. I will double-down on what I said: One of the worst coaching moves I've ever seen. It's like a prize fighter having his opponent out of it on the ropes and opting to go get a manicure while his opponent steadies himself. You knock the other guy out when you have not only the chance, but the clear path to do so. 

Of course you are right.  I literally asked aloud last night when he called the timeout.  "Why?"

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Does peanultimatestraw or medstudent still post here?

Is a month old calf strain a normal precursor to a ruptured Achilles?    Or is it more likely that this is a separate fluke injury?

Guy on Sports radio said over the weekend that it places extra pressure on the Achilles. So, there's that...don't know his source. 

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Of course you are right.  I literally asked aloud last night when he called the timeout.  "Why?"

I heard that Lowry called for it. He was gassed. I can't verify though.

Just now, The Observer said:

I heard that Lowry called for it. He was gassed. I can't verify though.

If that is the case, the coach is off the hook. Nothing a coach can do when a player makes that call.