Sign in to follow this  
shorepatrol

NBA Finals

I do follow a doctor on Twitter who like sports.   He did mention the fact that Durant tried to move his foot up and down right after the injury is a good sign that it wasn't a full rupture.  Stated that generally if you rupture your Achilles you can't really even try to move your foot (toes) up and down.

He put out the obvious disclaimer that he is sitting at home in his pajamas watching the game on TV like the rest of us, so don't treat that as a serious diagnosis but he was "just sayin'"

Hopefully its not a full rupture and just some sort of injury to that area.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Bunch of Monday Morning QB's in here, Toronto was obviously gassed and that's why he took the TO.

Also, no lead is ever safe when you are playing against the best shooting backcourt in the history of the game. 

The exact text I sent my buddy during the timeout.

"Toronto on a 10-0 run with 3 minutes left in the 4th.  Golden State down to 1 timeout and obviously gassed.  Raptors call one for them to kill their own momentum.  Bold strategy."

Ain't no Monday morning qb'ing around here.

Nurse took the timeout to give his guys a rest and make a push to finish the game.  They were gassed, that's all there is to it.

Sometimes these things happen, especially when you are playing 2 of the most lethal guys who have ever strapped them up.  Give credit where it is due, none of you have any idea what would have happened had he not given his guys a breather.  They clearly needed it.

Anyway, just a great game, it was awesome to watch the champs dig down and finish that game.  True testament of their greatness.  They probably don't have the firepower to complete the comeback but, you have to be impressed with the fight in this team.

People who have a problem with Steph are nothing more than haters, I don't know what more the guy has to do to prove he is an all-time great.  That legacy is cemented.

I know this is hard to comprehend but if your team is tired then their team is probably more tired given that you are on a 10-2 run. If you were that tired you needed timeouts and they were fresh you wouldn't be making a run like that. 

Also games stop all the time now under 2 minutes so there was time for rest. Also if you continue that run golden state is going to call a timeout and you're going to get your rest anyway.

I was almost throwing my phone through the TV when he came across half court and called a timeout and then a 2nd one no less.

8 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I know this is hard to comprehend but if your team is tired then their team is probably more tired given that you are on a 10-2 run. If you were that tired you needed timeouts and they were fresh you wouldn't be making a run like that. 

Also games stop all the time now under 2 minutes so there was time for rest. Also if you continue that run golden state is going to call a timeout and you're going to get your rest anyway.

I was almost throwing my phone through the TV when he came across half court and called a timeout and then a 2nd one no less.

Exactly. It's called crazy good momentum and you don't kill it with a timeout...unless you're the team on the other end of it. 

11 hours later, and I'm still trying to figure out how in the hell TOR focked that up. :huh:

7 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

11 hours later, and I'm still trying to figure out how in the hell TOR focke that up. :huh:

Inexperienced coach, inexperienced  players in FINALS (save Leonard) and Klay Thompson is a stone cold killer.

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

I do follow a doctor on Twitter who like sports.   He did mention the fact that Durant tried to move his foot up and down right after the injury is a good sign that it wasn't a full rupture.  Stated that generally if you rupture your Achilles you can't really even try to move your foot (toes) up and down.

He put out the obvious disclaimer that he is sitting at home in his pajamas watching the game on TV like the rest of us, so don't treat that as a serious diagnosis but he was "just sayin'"

Hopefully its not a full rupture and just some sort of injury to that area.

untrue. i walked around for days on full rupture. you can move toes up and down. just not on a load...like can't stand tippy toe.

if torn, he might never be the same player.

36 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

untrue. i walked around for days on full rupture. you can move toes up and down. just not on a load...like can't stand tippy toe.

ugh

People need to chill out a bit on the Toronto fans too.

They were cheering loudly before he got hurt, then he lost the ball on a turnover (when he was injured) fell to the floor, there was a fast break the other way.  They were loud and cheering this whole time.   Once he couldn't get up and was getting help I saw the whole place standing and clapping for Durant.   Obviously there is always a minority of D-Bags in a crowd but for the most part once the full play was over on the other side of the court the fans turned their attention to Durant getting help and clapped for him.  Secondly there was no way for them to know he freaking tore his Achilles either.

A bit overblown IMO.

43 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

I agree. When I did mine I could point my toe enough but trying to go tiptoe was impossible. Lots of variables....where its torn, severity, etc.

Also I'm guessing their onion eyes OPS guy isnt crying because he stained his calf again.

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

They were cheering loudly before he got hurt, then he lost the ball on a turnover (when he was injured) fell to the floor, there was a fast break.  They were loud and cheering this whole time.   Once he couldn't get up and was getting help I saw the whole place standing and clapping for Durant.   Obviously there is always a minority of D-Bags in a crowd but for the most part once the full play was over on the other side of the court the fans turned their attention to Durant getting help and clapped for him.  Secondly there was no way for them to know he freaking tore his Achilles either.

A bit overblown IMO.

I think they knew he was hurt and were cheering that fact. But I'm sure they just thought he tweaked the calf again. Sports competition brings out the worst in people and you tend to forget your dealing with human beings and not just good guys vs bad guys.  I agree that they wouldn't have cheered if they knew he tore his Achilles.

Toronto ran Durant ragged. I knew it was only a matter of time before he tweaked something.  It's a shame. His career may be over.

15 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Toronto ran Durant ragged. I knew it was only a matter of time before he tweaked something.  It's a shame. His career may be over.

Wait, didn't Kobe tear his too and he was older.  

He definitely comes back lets not go crazy.

Finals Averages, so far:

Curry - 32.4 5.6 5.8

Leonard - 29.8 10.6 4.4

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

They were cheering loudly before he got hurt, then he lost the ball on a turnover (when he was injured) fell to the floor, there was a fast break the other way.  They were loud and cheering this whole time.   Once he couldn't get up and was getting help I saw the whole place standing and clapping for Durant.   Obviously there is always a minority of D-Bags in a crowd but for the most part once the full play was over on the other side of the court the fans turned their attention to Durant getting help and clapped for him.  Secondly there was no way for them to know he freaking tore his Achilles either.

A bit overblown IMO.

You are completely wrong on this, fans were cheering and waving to him while he was on the floor and as he limped off.  It was only after Toronto's own players told them to cut the sh!t out that they stopped.  It was disgusting. 

The first response is always the real one.

sooooooooooooooooo now Durant will be out most of, it not all next year,  he can opt in and the Warriors pay him 30 million :lol:

32 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Wait, didn't Kobe tear his too and he was older.  

He definitely comes back lets not go crazy.

Kobe played 100 more games and averaged under 20 per. All his shooting % went straight down.  The achilles injury is the one the doctors haven't come close to mastering.  

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Kobe played 100 more games and averaged under 20 per. All his shooting % went straight down.  The achilles injury is the one the doctors haven't come close to mastering.  

true story. im not saying he won't come back...but chance he won't be the same player at all. reason why the saying  "achilles heel". it's a sh;tty injury...mentally and physically.

Finals Averages, so far:

Curry - 32.4 5.6 5.8

Leonard - 29.8 10.6 4.4

Good info.  I'll take Leonard!

You are completely wrong on this, fans were cheering and waving to him while he was on the floor and as he limped off.  It was only after Toronto's own players told them to cut the sh!t out that they stopped.  It was disgusting. 

The first response is always the real one.

There were absolutely a few fans under the basket area that were waving bye to him as Durant was on the ground.  I imagine a few of them regret their reaction.  

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

There were absolutely a few fans under the basket area that were waving bye to him as Durant was on the ground.  I imagine a few of them regret their reaction.  

You don’t understand Herb, those few fans represent ALL the fans plus the whole city. That’s how it works.

This way everyone can flip out online.

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Kobe was 35 years old when he ruptured his.....and still came back.

KD is 30, still in his prime.  Everyone knows it’s a bad injury but you said he probably won’t ever play again.

Just more overblown takes.

39 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

You don’t understand Herb, those few fans represent ALL the fans plus the whole city. That’s how it works.

This way everyone can flip out online.

It wasn't a few fans.  Plenty of places to find this stuff but, you can watch it here.

HTH

42 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Kobe was 35 years old when he ruptured his.....and still came back.

KD is 30, still in his prime.  Everyone knows it’s a bad injury but you said he probably won’t ever play again.

Just more overblown takes.

I said his career may be over. I'll stand by it. Coming back at 50% of his former self is not much different. It's not overblown.

Hell of a game considering how it started. Toronto can't keep shooting this good? Draymond needs to stop with the focking turnovers. 

that sucks.... hot hand too with 30. 4/6 from 3

• Like 1

Does anyone whine more than Draymond Green? Does he think the ref is going to change the call if he whines enough?

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Does anyone whine more than Draymond Green? Does he think the ref is going to change the call if he whines enough?

That was a terrible call. You can't breathe on Kawhi right now.

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Leonard doesn't whine at all. He get's to push and grab all over the focking place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

That was a terrible call. You can't breathe on Kawhi right now.

I don’t think I have ever seen Draymond NOT whine after being called for a foul.

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I don’t think I have ever seen Draymond NOT whine after being called for a foul.

So he's a NBA player. Huh

Just now, shorepatrol said:

So he's a NBA player. Huh

Draymond is the equivalent of Lebron whining on the offensive end for lack of foul calls. They both take it to another level.

Rarely see Kawhi whine.

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

Thompson out 

GS will have to find a way to do it with that bench. 

Good series if it wasn't for GS injuries. Toronto is no joke but come on. 

• Like 1