Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Cobra Kai

I had seen the preview one of you had on here awhile ago... then I saw this on Slickdeals:

https://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/fp/474871

The first season of Cobra Kai for $9.99

My kid and I are on episode 5.... it had such potential to suck, but honestly I'm geeking on it pretty hard.  I'm really enjoying it.  The nostalgia aspect of it is great.

It’s one of my fave shows and S2 was great as well. Supporting them is well worth it, S3 is already confirmed. Not gonna win any awards for acting or writing but it’s just good fun and seeing Johnny and Daniel is awesome. 

• Like 1

Hits you all in the nostalgia feels, for what it is, I think it's outstanding.

S2 was even better.

• Like 1

Thank you. I had forgotten about it. will D/L tonight

• Like 1

torrents FTW

3 hours ago, kutulu said:

Seasons 1 and 2 are now on Netflix

Yea I watched a few episodes today. It’s really good 

Best part 

Kid at the karate tournament: “let’s all bow our heads for a moment of silence against intolerance”

Johnny Lawrence to his student: “kick that pansy b1tch in the face” 

Student: “yes Sensei” 

😂😂😂

Can we all agree that Larusso is really the douche between he and Johnny Lawrence

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Can we all agree that Larusso is really the douche between he and Johnny Lawrence

Yes.

Also, just to revisit, I love this sh1t... So glad they did these.

16 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yes.

Also, just to revisit, I love this sh1t... So glad they did these.

I had goosebumps several times during the 2 seasons, it's like when I watch any of the rocky movies 1 thru 4

1 hour ago, edjr said:

I had goosebumps several times during the 2 seasons, it's like when I watch any of the rocky movies 1 thru 4

Absolutely.

I take it everyone has seen at least season one. That being said, the end of season 1 the Cobra Kai original sensei comes back. I thought they said he died earlier in the season? Obviously I haven’t started season 2 yet (been busy with school and getting stuff ready to close on our house tomorrow) so I wasn’t sure if I imagined them saying he died or if they thought he died but in reality he didn’t  

We started watching a few days ago.  Very fun and I like that it's only about a half hour.

• Like 1

As a kid I remember thinking Danielson was a pusssy. Watching this show makes me hate him even more. I'm hoping Johnny wins this time around. 

it's good writing for sure. I love the 80s vibe and music and what a wise ass Johnny is. 

• Like 1

Haven’t started season 2 yet. Finished season 1. Caught up in The Boys season 2 this past weekend while studying and unpacking. Will start season 2 this week. Anxious to see what’s in store for season 2. 

Started this yesterday morning and just finished it. I'm bummed season 3 won't be out until 2021. 

Ordered this sweet jacket too 

Dusted off the old in home dojo this evening and worked on some of my own karate moves. 💪

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2020 at 5:07 PM, BiffTannen said:

Dusted off the old in home dojo this evening and worked on some of my own karate moves. 💪

Have you been working on the wax on - whacks off move?

16 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

Have you been working on the wax on - whacks off move?

I don't do that pusssy Myagi karate. I prefer a more fock someone in the fact approach. 

I read somewhere that Shue was considering a return as Alli......THAT would be focking fantastic, I fell in love with her in the 80's and never stopped....😍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I read somewhere that Shue was considering a return as Alli......THAT would be focking fantastic, I fell in love with her in the 80's and never stopped....😍

In the very last scene of season 2 she sends Johnny a request on SnapFace. 

1 minute ago, BiffTannen said:

In the very last scene of season 2 she sends Johnny a request on SnapFace. 

Excellent!  So the return is setup, god I hope it happens....I guess that maybe she and jonny can perhaps develop some kind of stormy thing....why not....

I've been a fan of the Banquet for about 5 years.  It's my go to beer when I'm out.  I'm thankful I have cheap taste in beer.

Another 👍.  Johnny Lawrence is already one of my all time great characters.

"You Should All Be Proud Of Yourselves. I Know I'm Proud. Your Parents Would Be Proud Too, If You Told Them What We Did Here Today... Which We Won't!"

Watched it.   Horribly acted.  Terrible story lines.  But Johnny Lawrence and Larusso suck as actors.

That said it gets better as it goes along.  It's watchable in a covid world with nothing much else available

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Watched it.   Horribly acted.  Terrible story lines.  But Johnny Lawrence and Larusso suck as actors.

That said it gets better as it goes along.  It's watchable in a covid world with nothing much else available

Felt the same. Kept watching though and look forward to the next season. And I want a Coors

20 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Agree on Ralph Machio but I thought William Zabka (Johnny Lawrence) was phenomenal.  Maybe because I had low expectations for him going in. 

Hopefully Larusso's daughter tightens up a little before season 3

This is being released next week. Looks like it came right from the 80s