Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Cobra Kai

42 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We are half way thru Season 2, hella fun show!

Hits you right in the nostalgia feels bro.... 🙂

Just now, mmmmm...beer said:

Hits you right in the nostalgia feels bro.... 🙂

The 80s rock music is the best. :headbanger:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Think season 3 comes out in Feb.

January 8th

Surprised some people here aren’t going “Losers doing karate. Its as stupid as those super hero movies”. Swear some people here have zero joy in their life 

Without Johnny this show wouldn’t be a thing, he kills it. It takes a hell of an effort to take a show like this with questionable acting and a base of pure nostalgia and no name kid actors to be a hit. No one expected it to succeed as much as it has. Really hoping they can get Elizabeth Shue for s3

14 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Without Johnny this show wouldn’t be a thing, he kills it. It takes a hell of an effort to take a show like this with questionable acting and a base of pure nostalgia and no name kid actors to be a hit. No one expected it to succeed as much as it has. Really hoping they can get Elizabeth Shue for s3

Agreed, show doesn't exist without Johnny.

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Surprised some people here aren’t going “Losers doing karate. Its as stupid as those super hero movies”. Swear some people here have zero joy in their life 

Yeah, when Johnny stars shooting lasers out of his eyes you’ll be right. Until then you’re an overgrown kid who gets off on Spider-Man and Wonder Woman, dragging the culture further down 

13 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Well it isn't even karate. It's really bad karate at best.  That doesn't matter, the show is great. Even my 39 year old lady fell in love with it (she has never seen any Karate Kid movies) She can't wait for season 3

13 hours ago, tanatastic said:

God I hope so, not only because I have always craved her but I think she makes this thing take off...

2 hours ago, edjr said:

Well it isn't even karate. It's really bad karate at best.  That doesn't matter, the show is great. Even my 39 year old lady fell in love with it (she has never seen any Karate Kid movies) She can't wait for season 3

Oh no doubt. Normal people will enjoy stuff like this. It’s only the idiots here that I’ve seen try to be more macho than they have ever been in their life 

39 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

boom

Looks like he lived but is in a wheelchair. 

1 hour ago, porkbutt said:

boom

I got goosebumps

34 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Looks like he lived but is in a wheelchair. 

So you're saying you could maybe kick his ass?

9 minutes ago, edjr said:

So you're saying you could maybe kick his ass?

Maybe. He’s Puerto Rican or something. Probably good with a knife. 

Easily the best rebooting continuation of a classic series. Out of all the movies or shows that have been revisited several decades later, this one definitely does the most justice to the original. It's been a wonderful nostalgia ride though the first two seasons, with the overall storytelling being stronger than excepted. 

SPOILER

Favorite episode was the Cobra Kai reunion. It's a shame that McQueen wouldn't return as Dutch. 

6 hours ago, Vince44 said:

Easily the best rebooting continuation of a classic series. Out of all the movies or shows that have been revisited several decades later, this one definitely does the most justice to the original. It's been a wonderful nostalgia ride though the first two seasons, with the overall storytelling being stronger than excepted. 

SPOILER

Favorite episode was the Cobra Kai reunion. It's a shame that McQueen wouldn't return as Dutch. 

They are tugging at us old guys heartstrings with sh1t like that

7 hours ago, Vince44 said:

SPOILER

And how the "Get em a body bag"  finally getting his wish. 

it's too bad Stalone made all these other movies. a Rocky show would be good.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

First episode- eh

concur. Now I feel like the well has run dry. Are they bringing hologram Miyagi back to fight Creese? 😐

6 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

The Season 3 Episode where Daniel-san goes to that one place again... that was cool.

So does he live at Miyagi's and he built a house near it, or did Miyagi give it to him when he died and he just visits it?

2 hours ago, edjr said:

So does he live at Miyagi's and he built a house near it, or did Miyagi give it to him when he died and he just visits it?

He lives in a big ass house.  Miyagi's little house/compound with all the cars still under tarps is where he goes to hang out and do karate.

On 8/30/2020 at 1:31 PM, edjr said:

Can we all agree that Larusso is really the douche between he and Johnny Lawrence

This take completely missed the whole point of the show. Congrats

On 1/3/2021 at 3:37 PM, Mike Honcho said:

I binged season 3 and have to wait at least a year before I get anymore answers.  :cry: 

I'm pacing myself to postpone this problem!