Sign in to follow this  
The Observer

Cleveland Browns- Most overhyped sports team in my lifetime

15 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Would it help if I said the Raiders made a mistake signing bad character Richie Incognito?

Yes, thank you.

16 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Would it help if I said the Raiders made a mistake signing bad character Richie Incognito?

I would welcome Richie into my teams lockerroom any day. If you have players that cannot take a little hazing then maybe they aren't tough enough to play for you. Jonathan Martin was a giant pusssy and got what he deserved. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I would welcome Richie into my teams lockerroom any day. If you have players that cannot take a little hazing then maybe they aren't tough enough to play for you. Jonathan Martin was a giant pusssy and got what he deserved. 

The Martin episode is just one in a long line of incidents involving Incognito. He should be in a straight jacket.

I think the Browns go 10-6. I’m not 100% sold on Mayfield but that D is going to be nasty and the rest of the division is in steep decline. 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think the Browns go 10-6. I’m not 100% sold on Mayfield but that D is going to be nasty and the rest of the division is in steep decline. 

Without looking I say that sounds about right, but looking at their schedule I'm having a hard time finding 10 wins. 

1. vs TEN

2. @ NYJ

3. vs LAR

4. @ BAL

5. @ SF

6. vs SEA

7. BYE

8. @ NE

9. @ DEN

10. vs BUF

11. vs PIT

12. vs MIA

13. @ PIT

14. vs CIN

15. @ ARZ

16. vs BAL

17. @ CIN

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Without looking I say that sounds about right, but looking at their schedule I'm having a hard time finding 10 wins. 

1. vs TEN - W

2. @ NYJ - W

3. vs LAR - L

4. @ BAL - W

5. @ SF - W

6. vs SEA - L

7. BYE

8. @ NE - L

9. @ DEN - L

10. vs BUF - W

11. vs PIT - W

12. vs MIA - W

13. @ PIT - L

14. vs CIN - W

15. @ ARZ - W

16. vs BAL - L

17. @ CIN - W

Something like this? Browns will need to go 4-2 or better in the division. I think they could sweep the Ravens and Bengals this year.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Something like this? Browns will need to go 4-2 or better in the division. I think they could sweep the Ravens and Bengals this year.

It will be battle. 

1. vs TEN - playoff team and I like Vrabel a lot. 

5. @ SF - These guys are trending up - not an easy win on the road. 

The wiggle room between 8-8 and 10-6 is pretty thin. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

It will be battle. 

1. vs TEN - playoff team and I like Vrabel a lot. 

5. @ SF - These guys are trending up - not an easy win on the road. 

The wiggle room between 8-8 and 10-6 is pretty thin. 

As A Titans fan, I find that week 1 matchup very interesting. I think its pretty likely that those two teams are vying for a wild card spot at seasons end. Both are in similar places right now.

Tennessee has Indy at home in week 2, so losing to cleveland in week one would put some serious pressure on them. Threat of the dreaded 0-2, both AFC teams, one in the division. Need a hot start. And need mariota to not sprain his vag this year FFS.

24 minutes ago, MDC said:

How is that possible, they released Jamie Collins

Hype yes. Most hype ever? Nah, happens every year. Especially when a qb has a decent rookie campaign, like Mayfield did.

They could do some damage in that division. Pitts and Balt seem vulnerable and the bengals are the bungles again. Who knows, they could win it.

On 6/3/2019 at 9:38 AM, bostonlager said:

1. vs TEN

2. @ NYJ

3. vs LAR

4. @ BAL

5. @ SF

6. vs SEA

7. BYE

8. @ NE

9. @ DEN

10. vs BUF

11. vs PIT

12. vs MIA

13. @ PIT

14. vs CIN

15. @ ARZ

16. vs BAL

17. @ CIN

@edjr

I stand corrected. I was responding to MDC in this thread and his prediction of 10 wins. I didn't see 10 or 8 for that matter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

@edjr

I stand corrected. I was responding to MDC in this thread and his prediction of 10 wins. I didn't see 10 or 8 for that matter. 

Their early season schedule is brutal. I guess they win one of BAL or SF and lose to Seattle and NE, which puts them at 2-5. Second half is a cakewalk though. 6-7 wins in the last 9 is very possible. 

I will break this down and be generous in the process. 

1. vs TEN  L

2. @ NYJ  W

3. vs LAR  L

4. @ BAL  L  

5. @ SF   L  - If this was in Cleveland I would give them a chance. They will not be favored in this one and rightfully so. 

6. vs SEA 

7. BYE

8. @ NE  L

9. @ DEN  W  - Being a nice guy here - Denver is still a tough place to play

10. vs BUF   L

11. vs PIT  W

12. vs MIA W

13. @ PIT  L

14. vs CIN  W

15. @ ARZ W

16. vs BAL  L - Baltimore is making a strong case for #3 in the AFC

17. @ CIN  W

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 2:42 PM, edjr said:

1000 on the under

responding to 9 wins

On 5/31/2019 at 3:10 PM, edjr said:

8 and 8?

Okay so 8 and 8 I had

In separate news - Elizabeth Warren has come out and said that under her plan, any NFL team with more than 12 wins will be required to give one of those wins to the Miami Dolphins. Warren is quoted - "No team needs that many wins." 

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2019 at 3:05 PM, iam90sbaby said:

It was just a friendly wager. He’s one of those people that loves to hop on the hype train every off season and I finally got tired of him talking about it, so I just said they’ll miss the playoffs and I’ll put $200 on it.  He accepted.

My dumba$$ coworker is trying to walk this back, good thing I got screenshots 

The easiest bet in the universe is Browns over Ravens in week 4.  Ravens are the most overhyped team in the NFL and everyone is crapping on a very good Browns team.  Ravens have no pass rush and Baker will get a clean pocket to put up 30-40 points. I'll gladly take those 7 points and CLE.

54 minutes ago, riversco said:

The easiest bet in the universe is Browns over Ravens in week 4.  Ravens are the most overhyped team in the NFL and everyone is crapping on a very good Browns team.  Ravens have no pass rush and Baker will get a clean pocket to put up 30-40 points. I'll gladly take those 7 points and CLE.

I think Baker sh!ts the bed and throws 3-4 picks 

58 minutes ago, riversco said:

The o/u for that game is 45 so I would assume that should be hammered as well?

4 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

The o/u for that game is 45 so I would assume that should be hammered as well?

The Browns have a really good defense (they held a potent Rams offense in check).  Might be 30-13 Browns.  The Ravens aren't a terrible team but the Browns are built to beat the Ravens.

11 minutes ago, riversco said:

The Browns have a really good defense (they held a potent Rams offense in check).  Might be 30-13 Browns.  The Ravens aren't a terrible team but the Browns are built to beat the Ravens.

I respect that, but with it being in Baltimore I'm seeing it shape out more like Baltimore 27 - Cleveland 19, which means a no play on the number and the total. 

• Like 1

Remember the Eagles "Dream Team".  Lol. Giants won another one that year. 

The Eagles Dream Team was much more disappointing. But the Eagles beat the Giants 17-10 at MetLife Stadium with Vince Young at QB. Because the Eagles own the Giants completely. 🦅 

I bet more attention from those claiming to ignore me than anyone else around here. Where you at Digby? 

38 minutes ago, MDC said:

The Eagles Dream Team was much more disappointing. But the Eagles beat the Giants 17-10 at MetLife Stadium with Vince Young at QB. Because the Eagles own the Giants completely. 🦅 

Yes, cling to a long forgotten regular season game, a season that saw the NY Football Giants claim their fourth super bowl. You win. Lol. 

7 hours ago, riversco said:

This isn't going to age well.

On 9/26/2019 at 2:41 PM, riversco said:

Nice 

On 9/26/2019 at 12:35 PM, riversco said:

On 9/26/2019 at 7:43 PM, Reality said:

This isn't going to age well.

Time left but, good call.  Looks like mine won't age well.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Time left but, good call.  Looks like mine won't age well.

Consider this your redemption for your post in the household chores thread.  

51 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Consider this your redemption for your post in the household chores thread.  

I haven't posted in that thread.. I can probably think up a good one tho...

On 9/26/2019 at 1:35 PM, riversco said:

Nice work.  

On 9/26/2019 at 1:35 PM, riversco said:

Oh crap, so there really is going to be a civil war.  :shocking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reality said:

I haven't posted in that thread.. I can probably think up a good one tho...

Sorry. That was directed at riversco

5 hours ago, Mookz said:

Oh crap, so there really is going to be a civil war.  :shocking:

I tend to be right a lot more than I am wrong.  Although that puts me against the grain sometimes.

Stickem Jr JUAN catch :lol:

oogly