Sign in to follow this  
lickin_starfish

Probably the best day ever I think

I woke up early and took the boat out with my son for some preseason bass fishing. He caught the biggest one of the day, which is what you hope for as a father.

We came home, and I edged the sidewalks. They came out perfect and look really sharp.

I fired up the smoker and grill and made some sweet steaks and sirloin tips. We ate poolside under the pergola, and I had a few beers.

Took a mid-day nap and slept off my buzz.

Had coffee with my wife on the front porch and watched perky soccer ladies bounce around the field across the street.

My wife is currently in the bath, shaving her snootch. I think she has plans for me when she gets out of the tub. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like a great day!

Hate to burst your bubble, but she’s shaving because I told her to. While you and your son were fishing, I was laying some pipe.

Most Northern states have bass harvesting starting in May.

20 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Most Northern states have bass harvesting starting in May.

NY State is third week of June. 

I'm having a lousy day but I'm happy for you and won't rain on your parade.

Yesterday was a dam good day. Went to a pool party. Got him and took a midday nap. Got up then went shopping for some new clothes. Went out later for date night at one of the really good Italian restaurants here. Banged it out with the wife at home. And enjoyed some new movies on Netflix 

5 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I'm having a lousy day but I'm happy for you and won't rain on your parade.

What are you, high?  Rain on it.  That's what we do.

• Haha 1

Yesterday was opening day for snapper, we caught our boat limit of 5-10 pounders , a king mackerel, and some small mahi mahi. 

The mahi mahi were fun, found them under a weedline and we used sabiki jigs to catch them 3-4 at a time which added to the fight.

• Like 1

Yesterday I worked out in the morning, then did some cleanup for our bulk trash collection, then had secks with the wife (just a quickie though), then putzed around the computer, then watched some DBacks vs. Mets and gave up (they ended up coming back and beating the Mets), then watched some GoT on an outside TV taking advantage of crazy cool weather by Phoenix standards this time of year.  I'll call that a good day.  If it had been a longie vs. a quickie I would say very good day.  :cheers:

19 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yesterday I worked out in the morning, then did some cleanup for our bulk trash collection, then had secks with the wife (just a quickie though), then putzed around the computer, then watched some DBacks vs. Mets and gave up (they ended up coming back and beating the Mets), then watched some GoT on an outside TV taking advantage of crazy cool weather by Phoenix standards this time of year.  I'll call that a good day.  If it had been a longie vs. a quickie I would say very good day.  :cheers:

What’s a quickie mean to you?

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

Yesterday was opening day for snapper, we caught our boat limit of 5-10 pounders , a king mackerel, and some small mahi mahi. 

The mahi mahi were fun, found them under a weedline and we used sabiki jigs to catch them 3-4 at a time which added to the fight.

You cook any up last night?

45 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

You cook any up last night?

My in-laws are in town so we grilled a fair bit. We grilled a mixture of Mahi and Snapper, however the snapper was the hands down winner as far as taste. I think I am always going to have to cook it fresh now.

3 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Yesterday was a dam good day. Went to a pool party. Got him and took a midday nap. Got up then went shopping for some new clothes. Went out later for date night at one of the really good Italian restaurants here. Banged it out with the wife at home. And enjoyed some new movies on Netflix 

You went to a pool party and were home at mid-day for a nap? Sounds like a great party. What time did it start? 

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

My in-laws are in town so we grilled a fair bit. We grilled a mixture of Mahi and Snapper, however the snapper was the hands down winner as far as taste. I think I am always going to have to cook it fresh now.

Yea I would rather have the snapper myself. Mahi is good don’t get me wrong but I like snapper better 

5 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

What’s a quickie mean to you?

To my wife and me, a "quickie" has come to mean it's all about me finishing.  Doesn't mean 2 minutes or anything.  Usually we'll be at it for a while and there will be a tacit understanding that it isn't going to work for her.  It took me a while to come to grips with that, as I really like making her finish.  Part of the compromise which makes a marriage successful.  :cheers:

Great Day Buddy. For your son too. 

I hope all The Geeks have many great days like that.