Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2019 Projections & Rankings

Here we go! My initial projections and rankings for offense with Antonio handling the IDP.

➡️ Projections
➡️ Rankings
➡️ ADP

We'll do our first update in the middle of June then start with weekly updates beginning 6/27 all the way through the start of the season.

Let's to this!

• Like 3

Too early for me but at a quick glance my thoughts are..

I understand Jimmy G concern.  Injury. Perhaps be protected more by running the ball.   But he isnt so risky as to not have him above a few of the guys right before him.  

Hate to beat a 9ers drum but Pettis higher as well.  They really like him.

Geronimo Allison higher.  Rodgers' 2nd favorite target.   I suppose a risk of losing his spot to a more dynamic player.  I think Adams comes back some.  Rodgers was just out there forcing it to Adams all year long with late round rookies and no G-Mo.  Now he has some trust in the young guys. Allison back.  And a different offense that may spread it around.  I think Adams is in line for a very good year.  But not top 3 WR in fantasy.

I liked Allison last year and I can see another Packer WR being fantasy relevant, just not sure who that will be just yet. Training camp should shed more light on that subject.

Simular situation in San Francisco. Pettis is intriguing, but I'm not confident Jimmy G. can stay healthy.

I have Connor in a keeper league, but I'm worried that his production may not be there this year. Right now, I'm staying away in redrafts.  I think David Johnson has a legit shot at being the top of fantasy RB again. He's my late rate round 1 target right now. Pairing him with Mixon is my dream combo. 

Sterling Shepard jumped out to me, he's buried on the 2nd page right below Albert Wilson 😯

1 hour ago, worm said:

Sterling Shepard jumped out to me, he's buried on the 2nd page right below Albert Wilson 😯

Yeah, Sterling # 81, and Golden Tate #33? That seems crazy. Eli has been throwing to Sterling for the last couple of years, Tate is new.

We just did a active 12 team mock draft, active meaning it’s a live mock team through out the season, just total points. 

25 dollars per team no drop or adds, everyone starts. 

1 Qb 

3 Rbs. 

3 WRs. 

1 Te. 

1 kicker 

1 def. 

I’ll post them as we do them. 

Luck

mack

Coleman

L Murray

m Thomas 

b Cooks 

a Robinson 

Kelce

Tucker

Pats

have fun with this one , more to come soon.  We also do 10 and 14 teams. 

God Bless. 

On 6/5/2019 at 2:51 PM, Brutal Brutus said:

I have Connor in a keeper league, but I'm worried that his production may not be there this year. Right now, I'm staying away in redrafts.  I think David Johnson has a legit shot at being the top of fantasy RB again. He's my late rate round 1 target right now. Pairing him with Mixon is my dream combo. 

Non PPR league do you keep DJ and Mixon or DJ and Hopkins?  Thanks for the heads up in advance.  I think DJ prospers this year big time too.  Kyler should be a big enough rushing threat that he will help DJ get some pretty big holes.  

i would without question keep Hopkins  

I think Mixon and DJ are one of the same.  

I think in a non ppr they both produce close to where they did last season. 

Think Mixon, based on more talent on the Bengals would be the better keep. 

I like the idea of nailing down your RB 1 and WR 1 going into the draft. Hopkins and DJ would be my pick. I like Mixon, but the ceiling for DJ seems higher to me and for all the bust talk about DJ last year, he was still an RB1 when it was all said and done. If that's his floor, that's as safe as a RB gets. So give me the top 3 WR and the RB who's floor has been low RB1 and ceiling is walking your way to a championship.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 8:27 AM, Brutal Brutus said:

I like the idea of nailing down your RB 1 and WR 1 going into the draft. Hopkins and DJ would be my pick. I like Mixon, but the ceiling for DJ seems higher to me and for all the bust talk about DJ last year, he was still an RB1 when it was all said and done. If that's his floor, that's as safe as a RB gets. So give me the top 3 WR and the RB who's floor has been low RB1 and ceiling is walking your way to a championship.

Agreed.  I have been leaning this way.  

On 6/13/2019 at 9:27 AM, Brutal Brutus said:

I'm putting DJ up there as well. Injuries aside, last year will probably be the worst year of his career. Terrible coaching and oline combined.

Time for me to give my tough love and I pick this apart a bit

Baker Mayfield as the 18th QB? He was the 19 QB by average last year, and that was with the worst head coach the NFL has ever seen guiding him. He also didn't have Beckham, he also also was a rookie.

James Conner as the 7th running back after all the reports of a split backfield? Samuels is as good of a receiving back as there is in the NFL. The Pats game from last year will show how complete of a running back Samuels is. I could easily see a 50 50 split.

Allen Robinson is the number one on an improving offense in it's second year. They signed him as a 1, and he started to look the part toward the end of the year. Once Robinson started to get up to speed last year, Trubisky had a shoulder injury. Playing with the backup, and then Tribs obviously not being able to throw the same way delayed the blooming of their connection. I am looking forward to Robinson's value staying depressed.

The top 5 tight ends, well I can't blame you for their ranking because that's how I have them ranked, but damn does literally every single site and every single prognosticator have the top 5/top 8 tight ends nearly identical.

Ten team mock ppr. 

Qb Luck

Rbs. Kamara, A Jones, Drake

Wrs. Juju, M Williams, Landry. 

Te. J Cook

Def. Patriots 

K.  M Badgley. 

Football Guru, I have a question for you. 

14 team non ppr. 

Low rb4 or a rb5. 

Better choice, Ware, McGuire, Mattison, Gaskins, just wondering what you thought, I’m looking for that late round gem. 

Maybe not a real steal, but more like which one could produce if needed as a rb3, flex type player. 

Thanks. 

6/17/19 Update

Starting to hear rumblings that a potential Tyreek Hill suspension may not be lengthy (4 weeks or less). So, adjusting him higher (which I suspect is still lower than most) for the time being.

Up -
QB Patrick Mahomes, KC
QB Baker Mayfield, CLE
RB Nick Chubb, CLE
WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling, GB
TE Vance McDonald, PIT
TE Ben Watson, NE

Down -
RB Kareem Hunt, CLE
RB Miles Sanders, PHI
WR Sammy Watkins, KC
WR Marqise Lee, JAC

Dropped from Rankings -
TE Austin Seferian Jenkins, NE

Isn’t Watson suspended for a few games? 

Tyreek Hill as the 46th receiver and projected for 89 points? His potential is the top ppg fantasy receiver. His potential is potentially record breaking numbers. I don't see how his potential, even if he missed half the season, is worth the 46th receiver.

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

Football Guru, I have a question for you. 

14 team non ppr. 

Low rb4 or a rb5. 

Better choice, Ware, McGuire, Mattison, Gaskins, just wondering what you thought, I’m looking for that late round gem. 

Maybe not a real steal, but more like which one could produce if needed as a rb3, flex type player. 

Thanks. 

I don't do the projections for the site. I just happened to click here and see your post.

Mattison would be my best bet of the four RBs you mentioned. He's the overwhelming favorite to be Cook's handcuff and we know the deal with Cook. Ware and Gaskins may not make the team., while McGuire figures to be fighting for scraps behind Bell.

Thank you Football Guru I appreciate your reply.  

Great job. Was hopig to see Stephen Davis in the top ten for rbs. It's been 10 years and I still start the guy.

12 team ppr I picked 7th. 

Qb Watson. 

Rb Mixon

Rb. Mack. 

Rb. Carson

Wr Jones. 

Wr. M Will

Wr Robisnon

Te. Hooper

Def Pats

K   Badgley. 

Based on what I see K Cousins is going to be a steal.  I can’t belive his adp is so low. 

6/27/19 Update

I was initially to high on the Steelers passing game, so Big-Ben needs to come down a little. Will continue to adjust KC WRs as we learn more about Tyreek Hill who is trending up. Slight moves down for Gurley and Lindsay while re-adjusting the workload for Guice/Peterson. Initially had Sterling Shepard too low, who appears to be more of an offensive focal point than I first thought.

Up - 
RB Chris Carson
RB Derrius Guice
RB Rashad Penny
RB Darrell Henderson
WR Tyreek Hill
WR Dante Pettis
WR Sterling Shepard

Down -
QB Ben Roethlisberger
RB Todd Gurley
RB Phillip Lindsay
RB Adrian Peterson
WR Marqise Lee
WR Marquise Goodwin
TE Chris Herndon

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:33 PM, worm said:

Agreed. He was initially projected too low. Still want to get a better feel about targets will be distributed between him and Tate but Shepard was bumped up in the latest update.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:40 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

Time for me to give my tough love and I pick this apart a bit

Baker Mayfield as the 18th QB? He was the 19 QB by average last year, and that was with the worst head coach the NFL has ever seen guiding him. He also didn't have Beckham, he also also was a rookie.

For now, I'm in the camp that this thing in Cleveland is more likely to blow up than excel. That can change as we get into camp, but the collection of characters and personalities could send this team into a downward spiral. Even if I warm up to the Browns, I'll probably be lower on Baker than the FF community.

On 6/5/2019 at 6:03 AM, Mike FF Today said:

I liked Allison last year and I can see another Packer WR being fantasy relevant, just not sure who that will be just yet. Training camp should shed more light on that subject.

Simular situation in San Francisco. Pettis is intriguing, but I'm not confident Jimmy G. can stay healthy.

Allison is the slot.  Adams said Allison can be dangerous this year just the other day.  

Still Rogers' 2nd favorite target.   

Not sure where he is being drafted.

Murray’s passing numbers are too low.

This offense is identical to the one he ran in OU. They will throw a ton and currently you have him at 225 per game.  Barring injuries, I just can’t see it.