Sign in to follow this  
Bier Meister

Driving 65 in the left lane is a shootable offense

10 minutes ago, sderk said:

I once was in the right most lane of a 8 lane highway (4 in each direction) going 60 in a 55. Freaking 18 wheeler was on my tail within about 1.5 car lengths behind me. Not for a moment, but for at least a mile. All I could see was the truck's grill in my mirror. So I decided to slow down and force the truck to do so as well. He couldn't get around me as there was a lot of traffic, but when I got down to about 30 and we were on an uphill slope, I finally heard him have to shift down big time, then I punched it.

I am 100% positive that dude wanted to shoot me, and I'm not sure I would do that again, but damn, if I had to slam on my brakes for any reason at all, I would have been dead because there is no way that guy could have stopped that truck in that short of distance going 60 mph. 

Well, at least you are consistent with your safety movement.

20 minutes ago, sderk said:

I once was in the right most lane of a 8 lane highway (4 in each direction) going 60 in a 55. Freaking 18 wheeler was on my tail within about 1.5 car lengths behind me. Not for a moment, but for at least a mile. All I could see was the truck's grill in my mirror. So I decided to slow down and force the truck to do so as well. He couldn't get around me as there was a lot of traffic, but when I got down to about 30 and we were on an uphill slope, I finally heard him have to shift down big time, then I punched it. 

I am 100% positive that dude wanted to shoot me, and I'm not sure I would do that again, but damn, if I had to slam on my brakes for any reason at all, I would have been dead because there is no way that guy could have stopped that truck in that short of distance going 60 mph. 

Not cool. The guy was probably tired of asshoIes cutting in front of him so he closed the gap between you two to discourage people from doing it. Secondly, he was in a big rig, he could see traffic ahead for miles. He would've known traffic had slowed/stopped long before you were able to and could've adjusted his speed accordingly. 

Don't be the jackass that focks with big rig drivers. They have to deal with asshoIes and sh!theads all day everyday. Cut 'em some slack, most of them deserve it. 

It's literally illegal where I live to cruise in the passing lane.  Not sure what else to say but, honestly, it shouldn't need to be explained..  GTFO out of the passing lane unless you are passing..  It's a pretty simple concept.

:dunno:

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Reality said:

It's literally illegal where I live to cruise in the passing lane.  Not sure what else to say but, honestly, it shouldn't need to be explained..  GTFO out of the passing lane unless you are passing..  It's a pretty simple concept.

If you have a designated "passing lane" I guess that is one thing. In Cali, the left lane is considered the "fast lane" and is intended for use by faster moving vehicles. In fact, we have signs here that explicitly say "Slower Traffic Keep Right".

Unfortunately, most people don't obey them. :wall:

15 minutes ago, Reality said:

Agreed.

Part of the problem lies with people not driving a constitent speed in the right lane as we as people passing to do 1 mph more than the guy they just passed. If you're going about the same speed, just stay put.

55 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Not cool. The guy was probably tired of asshoIes cutting in front of him so he closed the gap between you two to discourage people from doing it. Secondly, he was in a big rig, he could see traffic ahead for miles. He would've known traffic had slowed/stopped long before you were able to and could've adjusted his speed accordingly. 

Don't be the jackass that focks with big rig drivers. They have to deal with asshoIes and sh!theads all day everyday. Cut 'em some slack, most of them deserve it. 

I didn't cut in front of him. I was in that right lane doing 60 in a 55. That dude tailgated to a dangerous degree. I don't feel bad for that at all.

My brother's car was smashed into by a big rig because he had to stop abruptly and the rig was tailgating. Smashed the back of his car into the front seat. He lived but since has had a fvcked up back for life.

9 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

just make sure you watch for motorcycles

Don't just watch for them, look for them. If you're looking for motorcycles you're going to see a car. Not necessarily vice-versa. 

6 minutes ago, sderk said:

I didn't cut in front of him. I was in that right lane doing 60 in a 55. That dude tailgated to a dangerous degree. I feel bad for that at all.

I didn't say you did. :dunno:

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

Well, at least you are consistent with your safety movement.

Absolutely. Got back up to speed limit with no truck on my tail.