Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Ticks

Man I fukin hate ticks.  I just pulled one off that bit me right at my waistband on my side.  Thats the 5th one this Spring that actually bit me and Ive pulled off about 20 more just crawling on me. They just seem to be everywhere this year. Fuk I hate those little fukers.  Anyone ever have a tick-borne illness?  Dude I work with got that affliction that makes you allergic to red meat.  He still hasnt kicked it yet. At least the Copperheads arent too bad this year. 

10 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

You don't mean Lyme disease, do you. That is some bad . What part. of the country are you in, if I may ask. 

Im on the East coast.  Alpha-gal is the red meat allergy.  Lymes is crazy too. It can cause all kinds of symptoms that mimick other ailments.  Its becoming so widespread now too.  Not just northeast.

I could deal with the humidity, not the ticks. Those things are the only thing keeping me from moving to those states. I could move to Tennessee and live on a lake or pond with big acreage , big house. Just don't want to deal with it since I'd want to be outside all the time there  

7 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Im on the East coast.  Alpha-gal is the red meat allergy.  Lymes is crazy too. It can cause all kinds of symptoms that mimick other ailments.  Its becoming so widespread now too.  Not just northeast.

What were you doing to get those ticks on you? Only time I ever had any on me is when I was going through the woods it haven’t done that in a while. 

8 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Man I fukin hate ticks.  I just pulled one off that bit me right at my waistband on my side.  Thats the 5th one this Spring that actually bit me and Ive pulled off about 20 more just crawling on me. They just seem to be everywhere this year. Fuk I hate those little fukers.  Anyone ever have a tick-borne illness?  Dude I work with got that affliction that makes you allergic to red meat.  He still hasnt kicked it yet. At least the Copperheads arent too bad this year. 

We were golfing in Gaylord this past weekend and out of the 8 guys who golfed, 4 of them found ticks later.

20 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

What were you doing to get those ticks on you? Only time I ever had any on me is when I was going through the woods it haven’t done that in a while. 

Just near trees sometimes, or just in peoples yards that are adjacent to a wood line.  Not actually in the woods.

11 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

We were golfing in Gaylord this past weekend and out of the 8 guys who golfed, 4 of them found ticks later.

Yeah Ive had that too.  And the cart paths arent really even that close to the wood line.  

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Just near trees sometimes, or just in peoples yards that are adjacent to a wood line.  Not actually in the woods.

Ah I see. They haven’t been bad down where I’m at. Mostly the dam sand gnats will get your ass. It’s been humid and hot as sh1t though so haven’t been a problem as of late. 

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Yeah Ive had that too.  And the cart paths arent really even that close to the wood line.  

No joke...these guys spent a lot of time in the woods and in the tall grass chasing bad shots.  Guess it pays to hit it down the middle in more ways than one.

• Haha 1

I cant stand those mother fockers, come to this country wanting handouts, demanding social services, flying thier focking flags , blaring thier awful focking music day and night, destroying our suburbs and our school systems while spitting out 4 babys a year. Never a thank you, never respectful or appreciative, loading our streets with drugs crime and garbage...dont even get me started...

Oh, Ticks! 

Read that wrong, my bad, yeah they sure are a nuisance. 

It is a bad year for them here in the NE. Pull off a bunch after just walking through the grass. Need to put down some chemicals.

I did buy some special tweezers to get them out off Amazon ($10). 

We give the dog a pill that has the ticks die once they start to feed. Wish we could take those. :dunno:

Had/have Lyme. Fock the CDC.  They have lied about lyme from day 1 and continue to do so.

10 hours ago, Fireballer said:

I'm in the tree industry & deal with them all the time. Some years are worse than others. I believe it's the lone star tick that makes you develop the red meat allergy. 

Just now, Nomad99 said:

I'm in the tree industry & deal with them all the time. Some years are worse than others. I believe it's the lone star tick that makes you develop the red meat allergy. 

Yes, it is the Lone Star tick that causes that allergy.  I read about it years ago because my son had a red meat allergy (not because of the tick) and I hoped that it might cause them to determine what a cure might be.  He has almost outgrown his allergy, though.  

3 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Currently have 20 guinea eggs in the incubator to combat those fvckers.  

Italians have some special tick abilities I don't know about?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Italians have some special tick abilities I don't know about?

They eat thousands of ticks per year.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

They eat thousands of ticks per year.

In spaghetti

i pulled one out of my arm pit yesterday and now there is a sore bump there.

plus last year i had one on my nut sack, that turned into a funny/scary story, if you guys want to hear it.

5 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Currently have 20 guinea eggs in the incubator to combat those fvckers.  

I'm always seeing friends on FB  freaking out about opossums they find in their yard. With them inevitably asking how to kill them and such.

I tell them bring them to me, I love to find opossums in my yard...... You have one of those, you won't have a tick, mice or rat problem.

On 6/6/2019 at 12:05 PM, taco breath said:

Keep an eye on that. :unsure:

Waiting to hear back on a Lyme disease test right now :unsure:

3 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Best of luck. Seriously. 

Pretty sure I'm ok on that front, doc just wanted to rule it out.

21 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Pretty sure I'm ok on that front, doc just wanted to rule it out.

Good to hear. you probably caught something gayer-er. :thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Good to hear. you probably caught something gayer-er. :thumbsup:

Well dude, we just don't know. 

• Like 1

I hate those f0cking things.

Head count this year is 5 on the dog and 2 on me. He did lead 5 nothing though. So I'm  gaining on him.

1 minute ago, Kopy said:

I hate those f0cking things.

Head count this year is 5 on the dog and 2 on me. He did lead 5 nothing though. So I'm  gaining on him.

picked 2 off the cat so far. lucky for her i give her some pretty good rubbings in order to find them. both times under the jaw, only in the hair, had not buried yet. them focks are slow

On 6/6/2019 at 1:05 PM, taco breath said:

plus last year i had one on my nut sack, that turned into a funny/scary story, if you guys want to hear it.

Please, regale us.  :banana:

Bad my way as well. Redid my deck this year and once I tore off all the 5/4 boards I would find them all over the joists while I was working on it. Never seen them like this.

14 minutes ago, JohnD. said:

Bad my way as well. Redid my deck this year and once I tore off all the 5/4 boards I would find them all over the joists while I was working on it. Never seen them like this.

Damn thats nuts.  Ive never seen them thrive in those areas.

6 hours ago, Mookz said:

Please, regale us.  :banana:

ok, here's the scoop ...

about this time last year, i was in my favorite bar shooting pool with a bunch of friends.

not to brag, or anything, but im like a local celeb/hero when it comes to stick. 

well, i had my posse and a bunch of girls spectating, enthralled with my talents, when suddenly, mid shot, i got one of those itches in my crotch that needed to be scratched immediately.  i step away from the table into a dark corner, turn my back, and reach into my britches for relief.  well, you guessed it, there was something down there.  panic ensued and i fled into the bathroom.  once in the stall, i pull my pants down to reveal my worst nightmare.  a large wood tick (see figure #1) was burying himself into my skin just above my nut sack and below my shaft.  (see figure #2) 

well, this focker apparently saw me coming and renewed his efforts to dig in deep, as i could see his legs and body making inroads to my blood/semen stream.  immediate action was required and i tried to pull him out only to stretch my skin taut.  not thinking clearly, i remembered how you could use a lit cigarette to get them to back out.  not having a lit cig, i pulled my bic lighter out of my pocket, and put the flame to his torso.  instantly my pubes go up in flames stinking up the entire bathroom and he was still attached.

fock it, i grabbed his body and yanked until he popped out.  well you guessed it, i pulled his head off and in the process literally squeezed all his juices into my body.  this is exactly what your not supposed to do. :(

flustered to the max, i exited back to the billiards room trying to look like nothing had happened.  it was still my turn and my fans were wondering where i had gone, but i didnt spill the beans about my tragedy.  my mind raced, was i going to get lyme desease?  rocky mountain spotted fever?  a nasty infection?  who knows?  all bad.

well, for the rest of the summer i had i dime sized black scab on my peter that eventually fell off and things returned to normal.  :cheers:

talk about stress.  :unsure:

15 hours ago, taco breath said:

ok, here's the scoop ...

about this time last year, i was in my favorite bar shooting pool with a bunch of friends.

not to brag, or anything, but im like a local celeb/hero when it comes to stick. 

well, i had my posse and a bunch of girls spectating, enthralled with my talents, when suddenly, mid shot, i got one of those itches in my crotch that needed to be scratched immediately.  i step away from the table into a dark corner, turn my back, and reach into my britches for relief.  well, you guessed it, there was something down there.  panic ensued and i fled into the bathroom.  once in the stall, i pull my pants down to reveal my worst nightmare.  a large wood tick (see figure #1) was burying himself into my skin just above my nut sack and below my shaft.  (see figure #2) 

well, this focker apparently saw me coming and renewed his efforts to dig in deep, as i could see his legs and body making inroads to my blood/semen stream.  immediate action was required and i tried to pull him out only to stretch my skin taut.  not thinking clearly, i remembered how you could use a lit cigarette to get them to back out.  not having a lit cig, i pulled my bic lighter out of my pocket, and put the flame to his torso.  instantly my pubes go up in flames stinking up the entire bathroom and he was still attached.

fock it, i grabbed his body and yanked until he popped out.  well you guessed it, i pulled his head off and in the process literally squeezed all his juices into my body.  this is exactly what your not supposed to do. :(

flustered to the max, i exited back to the billiards room trying to look like nothing had happened.  it was still my turn and my fans were wondering where i had gone, but i didnt spill the beans about my tragedy.  my mind raced, was i going to get lyme desease?  rocky mountain spotted fever?  a nasty infection?  who knows?  all bad.

well, for the rest of the summer i had i dime sized black scab on my peter that eventually fell off and things returned to normal.  :cheers:

talk about stress.  :unsure:

Thank you for your service.  :thumbsup: