Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Ticks

Crazy to see this thread. 

I was at the beach this past weekend. I took my dogs for a run on Sunday and when I got back I saw a tick on the inside of my forearm. I got it completely off with nothing left behind and flushed the tick down the toilet. 

Evidently, it bit me. I havr a slightly elevated bump at the bite spot and it’s a little red around it. (No bullseye) I circled the redness with a skin marker and I’m keeping a close eye on it. I’ve gotten mixed reactions as to whether I should go to the Dr to be safe and start a steroid, or just to continue to keep an eye on it and go to the Dr if it gets worse. 

10 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I was at the beach this past weekend. I took my dogs for a run on Sunday and when I got back I saw a tick on the inside of my forearm. I got it completely off with nothing left behind and flushed the tick down the toilet. 

Evidently, it bit me. I havr a slightly elevated bump at the bite spot and it’s a little red around it. (No bullseye) I circled the redness with a skin marker and I’m keeping a close eye on it. I’ve gotten mixed reactions as to whether I should go to the Dr to be safe and start a steroid, or just to continue to keep an eye on it and go to the Dr if it gets worse. 

You can't get Lyme unless it is a deer tick and the tick has fed twice.  That generally takes it being embedded for 48 hours (or so).  You should be fine.

https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/transmission/index.html

• Thanks 1

I have seen probably 3 in my life. None on me. I bet there's a higher chance of getting them with copious amounts of gay butt sex in the woods. It would explain the unusually high case threshold at the GC

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Yeah bite sites can stay for a couple weeks usually, depending on how long theyre attached.  I had one a few years ago that was overnite and I had a little knot for almost a month.

17 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

More than likely just an allergic reaction.

17 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

I agree it's probably just a bump from the bite. But, the bullseye rash didn't show up on me for a few weeks after symptoms has already started.

On 6/11/2019 at 3:28 PM, avoiding injuries said:

I woke up this morning and the redness had receded well within the margins I drew on me yesterday. The bump is still elevated, although not as much. There seems to be a “whitehead” in the middle that I want to pop extremely bad, but I’ve resisted. Should I try popping it and pouring on some peroxide?

One opossum kills about 5,000 ticks a year.  Problem solved.