Sign in to follow this  
dain11279

75th Anniversary of D-Day

Thank you to those men that fought that day and all the other days for this country. 

You're welcome, jews. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Thank you to those men that fought that day and all the other days for this country. 

You're welcome, jews. 

Only at the geek club will you find a response like this.  :lol:

• Like 1

My dad drove a jeep off of a Rhino barge onto Omaha Beach. The beach fighting was over by that time. He is fond of saying his group was first on the beaches...right after the nurses. 

He strung telephone wire across France and into Germany. Also operated communications equipment . The main mission was to set up this new fangled radar stuff around Paris, so they could see the Stuka dive bombers coming.

He came back from the war with an 8mm Mauser sniper rifle and a sword. He picked the sword up out of the mud at a submarine base. I spent a lot of time on Google Images trying to find it. I finally figured out that it was a Cossack Calvary saber. The Cossacks were in league with the Nazis. There are pictures of the same design saber with a swastika on the pommel.

He stayed up late last night watching the D-Day stuff on tv.

• Like 2

Sadly,  most have no idea what D-Day is or was.

I can't even imagine the terror in those young men's veins as they charged those beaches. Nor can I even begin to imagine the horrific things they saw unfolding before them.

With all due respect to S.P.Ryan....... it doesn't hold a candle to Band of Brothers.

Gawd Bless to all those who served and sacrificed on D-Day.

17 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Sadly,  most have no idea what D-Day is or was.

I can't even imagine the terror in those young men's veins as they charged those beaches. Nor can I even begin to imagine the horrific things they saw unfolding before them.

Seriously...  I can't imagine that either...  Going up in a boat where you were all in a small area where most would probably just get mowed down...  Terrifying...

Where we once had FDR and Churchill, we now have Trump and May. Just think about that for a moment.

That being said, I can't imagine the courage it took for those kids to unite together and storm that beach. True heroism

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

Here's to hoping Europe fights her own wars from now on.  :cheers:

They already have a lookout blimp

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Here's to hoping Europe fights her own wars from now on.  :cheers:

Those queers barely know how to tie their shoes. 

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

They already have a lookout blimp

Every thread? 

23 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

FDR was a terrible President. 

Well... he did a lot of good entitlement things that were helpful at the time.  I could argue he has been the most influential president of all time.  It would be interesting to see where we would be as a country without his policies. 

That being said, he lacked the balls to engage in the battle for our planet.  :(

36 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

FDR was a terrible President. 

Linda Taylor (Martha Louise White)  and those like her loved him. :thumbsdown:

I've posted this here before, but my father was supposed to be in the D-Day invasion, but he caught malaria in Africa, and got sent to France a few months later. I could very well owe my existence to a mosquito.

Dad's Dad was  35th Infantry. Mom's Dad was 12th Armored. 

Glad I got the chance to know them.

RIP gentlemen.  

Can’t even imagine storming the beach. I’d just sit there peeing my pants and crying. As scary and real as private ryan made it look, and that’s the best war scene in cinema history, I’ll bet the reality was even worse.

There was a guy who used to come into my waffle House every day. Everyone called him sarge. Black guy. Drove the landing craft during wwII. First landing he did was in Morocco, then Anzio in Italy, then D-day. Was on his way to the Pacific when the war ended, and later fought in Korea too. I used to love to get his stories when I had time. 

I was watching a program a few years ago about dogs. This one guy who was some famous dog trainer was saying that as we all know dogs are decendants from wolves, and as we have spoiled and babalized dogs for so long that they are becoming less and less like their ancestors. I think of the men who stormed those beaches and then I look at the American male and it seems the same is happening with us. So many puzzies who never had a fight in their lives, playing video games, eating ass,  too lazy to shave, watching super hero movies one after the other. Very few wolves left. 

10 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Well... he did a lot of good entitlement things that were helpful at the time.  I could argue he has been the most influential president of all time.  It would be interesting to see where we would be as a country without his policies. 

That being said, he lacked the balls to engage in the battle for our planet.  :(

Huey P. Long likely overthrows him but Long got assassinated.  Long was just 42 when he died in 1935 and was that super-charismatic speaker that comes along once every 300 years.  He was already angling for the White House and FDR was repeatedly forced to adjust his policies leftwards to try to keep Long from siphoning off voters.   I figure Long would have been president before Pearl Harbor.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I was watching a program a few years ago about dogs. This one guy who was some famous dog trainer was saying that as we all know dogs are decendants from wolves, and as we have spoiled and babalized dogs for so long that they are becoming less and less like their ancestors. I think of the men who stormed those beaches and then I look at the American male and it seems the same is happening with us. So many puzzies who never had a fight in their lives, playing video games, eating ass,  too lazy to shave, watching super hero movies one after the other. Very few wolves left. 

We've had it too easy for too long. That's why we have to fight over whether or not men should use the women's bathroom. Or if a person born with a peemus should be considered a dood regardless if the nutjob thinks he's a she. 

We've gotten way too soft as a society. We need the power grid to go down for a few weeks so some people can realize how good we have it and stop b!tching about meaningless bullsh!t and feelings. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

We've had it too easy for too long. That's why we have to fight over whether or not men should use the women's bathroom. Or if a person born with a peemus should be considered a dood regardless if the nutjob thinks he's a she. 

We've gotten way too soft as a society. We need the power grid to go down for a few weeks so some people can realize how good we have it and stop b!tching about meaningless bullsh!t and feelings. 

True

57 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

That would get libs elected across the board and start a war. 

11 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Can’t even imagine storming the beach. I’d just sit there peeing my pants and crying. As scary and real as private ryan made it look, and that’s the best war scene in cinema history, I’ll bet the reality was even worse.

Agreed. Must have been focking terrifying.

8 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Nailed it

Fun fact: marines did not participate in D-Day but the coast guard did. Marines units were pulled and acted as tactical supervisors and trainers. 

39 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Fun fact: marines did not participate in D-Day but the coast guard did. Marines units were pulled and acted as tactical supervisors and trainers. 

Well, they were a little busy in a place called the Pacific. You heard of it? 

You know what the best thing about Trumps speach was ? 

That it wasn't that barking cackling evil twat Hillary giving it.  

I'm sure the war heroes there also appreciated that fact.

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

:first:

I'm glad we don't have to hear that cackling cunnt speak on anything ever again, unless we want to pay for a $5 ticket on groupon for one of her events. 

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

I didn't listen to his speech but I did see some clips of it. It wasn't embarrassing. And he didn't use it as a vehicle to bash brown people or Democrats. It's a shame that he has to be graded on a scale, but for a Trump speech, it was an A.

Was Trump talking about Vietnam? 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, they were a little busy in a place called the Pacific. You heard of it? 

Of course dumbass completely misses the point :doh:

26 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Of course dumbass completely misses the point :doh:

What's the point? 

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What's the point? 

Point was they didn’t actively participate in it. They trained people how to be marines for that day while also handling Japs in the pacific. 

4 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Point was they didn’t actively participate in it. They trained people how to be marines for that day while also handling Japs in the pacific. 

Great point. 

4 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Fascinating.  I get that the Marines were busy in the Pacific, but their primary reason for existing is... to storm beaches.  I find it odd that none were available for that purpose on D-Day.  :dunno:

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Fascinating.  I get that the Marines were busy in the Pacific, but their primary reason for existing is... to storm beaches.  I find it odd that none were available for that purpose on D-Day.  :dunno:

There were going to be mass casualties no matter who stormed the beaches. The Marines could only teach them how to disembark. There were still lots of guys lost getting off the Landing craft who drowned.