Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

Dems Condemn Trump Plan to Speak at 4th of July

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Sorry. I usually stay out of these political slap fights but I just gotta chime in here.  Was Ivanka and everyone else the Secretary of State at the time and compromising classified information?  What national secrets could DeVos possibly divulge???

Not to be a "look at me" guy, but do you have a security clearance? Have you ever undergone a lengthy interview process, along with your neighbors and friends, in order to get a clearance? If so, then go right ahead and compare Hillary's mishandling of sensitive emails to the other folks, as you surely understand the responsibility involved with holding a clearance.  If not then please kindly STFU on the matter. 

He won't. Stupid doesn't fix stupid. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DonS said:

Sorry. I usually stay out of these political slap fights but I just gotta chime in here.  Was Ivanka and everyone else the Secretary of State at the time and compromising classified information?  What national secrets could DeVos possibly divulge???

Not to be a "look at me" guy, but do you have a security clearance? Have you ever undergone a lengthy interview process, along with your neighbors and friends, in order to get a clearance? If so, then go right ahead and compare Hillary's mishandling of sensitive emails to the other folks, as you surely understand the responsibility involved with holding a clearance.  If not then please kindly STFU on the matter. 

Do Ivanka and Kushner have security clearance?  Do you know the story behind how they got it? If you do, and you have no problem with it, then you're a hypocritical piece of shtt and it's you who should stfu. Good day sir 

On 6/7/2019 at 2:48 PM, The Observer said:

Although I think Trump is an absolute embarrassment to our country with how stupid and childish he sounds every time he speaks or Tweets something, one thing I will say is that he's a mastermind at getting away with crime. He's done it all of his life. I honestly thought his time was up with this Mueller investigation, but he figured out how to beat the system again. He was fortunate that Mueller was working under the restriction of not being able to subpoena or indict a sitting president. But he was smart enough to know not to testify. He'd have perjured himself in the first 30 seconds. And again 100 times before the interview was over. He was also smart enough to recognize that William Barr was auditioning for the AG job and hired him as his personal protector. He's now figured out that he can simply refuse to comply with any congressional subpoenas and document requests. Any other one of us would be in prison if we refused to recognize subpoenas. But Trump and anyone associated with him understand that they are meaningless for him.  He's rigged the system to put himself above the law. Disgusting and scummy, but genius in its own way.   If he loses in 2020, I don't believe he'll be nearly as fortunate with the NYSD because he won't have his executive privilege and his handpicked AG to protect him any more. But that's a bridge to cross when he gets there. He's continued his charmed lifestyle of breaking laws and getting away with it. Good for him I guess. I believe the 2020 election is not only for whether or not he's going to be the president for four more years, but also whether he's going to be a free man.

:lol:

4 hours ago, The Observer said:

Do Ivanka and Kushner have security clearance?  Do you know the story behind how they got it? If you do, and you have no problem with it, then you're a hypocritical piece of shtt and it's you who should stfu. Good day sir 

Are any of those people you listed housing a private email server with classified info while serving as Secretary of State?  You do realize that having a clearance doesn't mean you have access to everything under the sun, right?  Information is disseminated on a strictly need to know basis.  There are also various levels of clearances.  I am 100% confident that those people you listed do not have access to the same level of info as the Secretary of State.  Especially not the Secretary of Education which you previously listed. 

I can't recall reading anything about the others sending classified info via private emails, and I especially don't recall reading about them removing the classification headers prior to sending emails.  I probably just missed those stories, so I apologize for being unaware of their egregious abuses.  If they truly sent classified info via private email then I am sorely mistaken and I condemn their mishandling of sensitive materials as strongly as Hillary. If they have not then please don't try and make the argument that using private email is 100% the same as sending classified info via private email. Thanks. 

24 minutes ago, DonS said:

Are any of those people you listed housing a private email server with classified info while serving as Secretary of State?  You do realize that having a clearance doesn't mean you have access to everything under the sun, right?  Information is disseminated on a strictly need to know basis.  There are also various levels of clearances.  I am 100% confident that those people you listed do not have access to the same level of info as the Secretary of State.  Especially not the Secretary of Education which you previously listed. 

I can't recall reading anything about the others sending classified info via private emails, and I especially don't recall reading about them removing the classification headers prior to sending emails.  I probably just missed those stories, so I apologize for being unaware of their egregious abuses.  If they truly sent classified info via private email then I am sorely mistaken and I condemn their mishandling of sensitive materials as strongly as Hillary. If they have not then please don't try and make the argument that using private email is 100% the same as sending classified info via private email. Thanks. 

Unless you think you have more information than all those who've already investigated including the FBI and CIA, then you're just being a political hack and playing along with the conspiracy theories. and this is the perfect board for you to be hanging out at. 

12 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Unless you think you have more information than all those who've already investigated including the FBI and CIA, then you're just being a political hack and playing along with the conspiracy theories. and this is the perfect board for you to be hanging out at. 

I readily admit that I dislike Hillary, so if that makes me a "political hack" then so be it.  Please don't try and pretend that you're not a "political hack" as well.  :cheers:

Time to go hang out on this board and fantasize some more about banging Dr. Who companions. 

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

I readily admit that I dislike Hillary, so if that makes me a "political hack" then so be it.  Please don't try and pretend that you're not a "political hack" as well.  :cheers:

Time to go hang out on this board and fantasize some more about banging Dr. Who companions. 

You can dislike someone without buying into every conspiracy theory.  No one has ever been investigated more than Hillary Clinton. They find nothing. Over and over and over.

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

You can dislike someone without buying into every conspiracy theory.  No one has ever been investigated more than Hillary Clinton. They find nothing. Over and over and over.

I agree that dislike doesn't mean one must believe in every conspiracy theory about a person. I certainly don't buy into all of them.

I was simply responding to your initial query about what the big deal was regarding her use of a private server. Comparing her actions to others without the same access to sensitive materials using private emails - - which is not the same as hosting a private server - - is what rankled me. My STFU comment was probably uncalled for, and for that I apologize.  Perhaps it's just the annual clearance training coming out a bit too strongly. 

Just now, DonS said:

I agree that dislike doesn't mean one must believe in every conspiracy theory about a person. I certainly don't buy into all of them.

I was simply responding to your initial query about what the big deal was regarding her use of a private server. Comparing her actions to others without the same access to sensitive materials using private emails - - which is not the same as hosting a private server - - is what rankled me. My STFU comment was probably uncalled for, and for that I apologize.  Perhaps it's just the annual clearance training coming out a bit too strongly. 

Lol ok buddy no worries. To be honest, it was the stfu that surprised me. You were never that kind of a poster.  

Headed to a pool party/cookout. Hope you have a great day.

Just now, The Observer said:

Lol ok buddy no worries. To be honest, it was the stfu that surprised me. You were never that kind of a poster.  

No problem. Alcohol may have been involved. :ninja:

Have a good one. 

I haven't waded thru 4 pages of this slap fight so I'll ask:  is it unusual for a president to attend and speak at fireworks in DC on the 4th?  That seems like it would be a regular thing.  I honestly don't know so I'll hang up and listen.  :thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, The Observer said:

You're that kind of poster. FYI. 

6 hours ago, The Observer said:

I hope you and your boyfriends have fun.  And you are the kind of poster to say stfu. You leave behind many examples. Dlck.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sderk said:

I hope you and your boyfriends have fun.  And you are the kind of poster to say stfu. You leave behind many examples. Dlck.

Funny how I can hurt you when I haven't even addressed you in days. You are extremely too soft. You need to toughen up. 

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

Funny how I can hurt you when I haven't even addressed you in days. You are extremely too soft. You need to toughen up. 

Nah. I feel no hurt.

I just think you are a dlck. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, sderk said:

Nah. I feel no hurt.

I just think you are a dlck. 

You have no idea how much that hurts me. But I love that you're obsessed with me. 

15 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Tilt! 

sderk Derangement Syndrome!

That newbie guy and mdc always say (when anyone replies to them) that you are obsessed with them. I don't get it. Why do they post at all if they don't want a reply?  

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

That newbie guy and mdc always say (when anyone replies to them) that you are obsessed with them. I don't get it. Why do they post at all if they don't want a reply?  

Troll handbook. Page 1. 

19 minutes ago, sderk said:

Try a reply that isn't simple stalling and name calling. Contribute. Replyingbto me when I'm.tslkomh to you, just to try some juvenile, unclever insult, is it weird obsession. The first time I've heard of you was Jerry saying you're a wasteful piece of . Jerry doesn't have a lot of enemies. If he thinks you are a worthless twat, there's a good chance you are a worthless twat. In the week since, you have proven he is correct.  On the bright side, I recognize you now. The kind of makes you a somebody. Congratulations on getting my attention, my little trolling lap dog. 🤣😂🤣

29 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Replyingbto me when I'm.tslkomh 

Quick. Call 911. Newbie is having a Sho attack!!!

52 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Try a reply that isn't simple stalling and name calling. Contribute. Replyingbto me when I'm.tslkomh to you, just to try some juvenile, unclever insult, is it weird obsession. The first time I've heard of you was Jerry saying you're a wasteful piece of . Jerry doesn't have a lot of enemies. If he thinks you are a worthless twat, there's a good chance you are a worthless twat. In the week since, you have proven he is correct.  On the bright side, I recognize you now. The kind of makes you a somebody. Congratulations on getting my attention, my little trolling lap dog. 🤣😂🤣

"Replyingbto me when I'm.tslkomh" 

:lol:

Why do you keep trolling me while you are seriously drunk?

Notice how I said you are trolling me because you replied to my post? Kinda silly right? 

1 hour ago, sderk said:

MDCDS. Lol. :D

4 hours ago, MDC said:

MDCDS. Lol. :D

Again. SderkDS is alive and living in MDCs head.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I haven't waded thru 4 pages of this slap fight so I'll ask:  is it unusual for a president to attend and speak at fireworks in DC on the 4th?  That seems like it would be a regular thing.  I honestly don't know so I'll hang up and listen.  :thumbsup:

According to the article linked at the top no President has spoken at a DC Fireworks celebration.  Clinton attended a concert at the Lincoln Memorial New Year's Eve.  Reagan gave a speech at the Jefferson Memorial July 3rd.  

And the Dems aren't opposed to him speaking per se.  They recommend a different venue or a different day.  The combination he's chosen would create logistical problems.

1 minute ago, FeelingMN said:

According to the article linked at the top no President has spoken at a DC Fireworks celebration.  Clinton attended a concert at the Lincoln Memorial New Year's Eve.  Reagan gave a speech at the Jefferson Memorial July 3rd.  

And the Dems aren't opposed to him speaking per se.  They recommend a different venue or a different day.  The combination he's chosen would create logistical problems.

As someone who can remember the fireworks shows from the 70's and 80's.  The Mall used to be open to anyone.  You could bring kegs and couches.  For 20 years now, there have been fences and metal detectors.  No bags, no booze.  Get it. The area is already in total lockdown.  The "logistical problems" is a ruse.  Total BS.  It's TDS.

31 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

As someone who can remember the fireworks shows from the 70's and 80's.  The Mall used to be open to anyone.  You could bring kegs and couches.  For 20 years now, there have been fences and metal detectors.  No bags, no booze.  Get it. The area is already in total lockdown.  The "logistical problems" is a ruse.  Total BS.  It's TDS.

The logistical problems have more to do with traffic and people being able to get there than the area being locked down.  

It would be TDS if other Presidents had done the same thing Trump is.  What other Presidents have spoken at the Mall during 4th of July Fireworks?

2 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

The logistical problems have more to do with traffic and people being able to get there than the area being locked down.  

It would be TDS if other Presidents had done the same thing Trump is.  What other Presidents have spoken at the Mall during 4th of July Fireworks?

You can't drive there.  Haven't been able to for 20 years.  It's a lie

And what does it matter if all or none have spoken?  Sounds like you are scrambling for excuses.  Is it "logistics" or not?  :dunno:

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

You can't drive there.  Haven't been able to for 20 years.  It's a lie

And what does it matter if all or none have spoken?  Sounds like you are scrambling for excuses.  Is it "logistics" or not?  :dunno:

The article mentioned having to shut down metro stations.  Nothing about having to drive there.  

Yes or no....any other Presidents speak at the Mall during a 4th of July Fireworks celebration?  If yes....then TDS.  If no, you're whining just to whine.  

9 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

If that's the case I guess the President just can't speak ever, anywhere.  The same issues would apply at any public venue he chooses to speak at.  In fact, if this event is pretty much "locked down" already, it seems that it is more prepared for him to speak than other events.

1 minute ago, FeelingMN said:

The article mentioned having to shut down metro stations.  Nothing about having to drive there.  

Yes or no....any other Presidents speak at the Mall during a 4th of July Fireworks celebration?  If yes....then TDS.  If no, you're whining just to whine.  

They shut down Metro stations close to the Mall every year.  Next. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

If that's the case I guess the President just can't speak ever, anywhere.  The same issues would apply at any public venue he chooses to speak at.  In fact, if this event is pretty much "locked down" already, it seems that it is more prepared for him to speak than other events.

4th of July at the National Mall isn't exactly just any other time and place.  Dems have recommended he speak at another venue or another time.  So he can pretty much speak wherever he wants....and he can speak at the national mall on the 4th, but it will create additional problems requiring additional resources.  

No one is trying to silence him or anything.  They're just pointing out that it's gonna be a headache and put a strain on the NPS.  So far the only rebuttal is that you could bring couches and kegs to the gig back in the '70s.  :lol:

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

They shut down Metro stations close to the Mall every year.  Next. 

https://wmata.com/service/status/details/july-4-2017.cfm

This was from two years ago.  I don't see anything about closing Metro stations near the Mall.  They recommend using other stops to avoid congestion. 

If people wanna deal with all the hassle....cool.  I don't see the big deal with a committee making public potential issues concerning time and resources trying to secure two huge events....fireworks and the President speaking on the 4th.  It's never happened.  It's just gonna be a headache for a lot of people involved.

:dunno: 

5 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

4th of July at the National Mall isn't exactly just any other time and place.  Dems have recommended he speak at another venue or another time.  So he can pretty much speak wherever he wants....and he can speak at the national mall on the 4th, but it will create additional problems requiring additional resources.  

No one is trying to silence him or anything.  They're just pointing out that it's gonna be a headache and put a strain on the NPS.  So far the only rebuttal is that you could bring couches and kegs to the gig back in the '70s.  :lol:

Really?  I hadn't read much on this issue because, to me, it seems totally normal that a President would want to speak on July 4th in the capitol.  I'm surprised it hasn't happened/happened more.  In any case, I just read a couple of articles and I'm not seeing anyone from NPS, which I assume means the park service, saying it's a headache/strain.  Here's one article:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trumps-4th-july-plans-face-pushback-democrats/story?id=63531372

The park service doesn't seem to have any issues with this.  The only people complaining are Dems.  They couldn't have an ulterior motive, could they?  Do you think they would have made a stink if Obummer had wanted to speak on July 4th?

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Really?  I hadn't read much on this issue because, to me, it seems totally normal that a President would want to speak on July 4th in the capitol.  I'm surprised it hasn't happened/happened more.  In any case, I just read a couple of articles and I'm not seeing anyone from NPS, which I assume means the park service, saying it's a headache/strain.  Here's one article:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trumps-4th-july-plans-face-pushback-democrats/story?id=63531372

The park service doesn't seem to have any issues with this.  The only people complaining are Dems.  They couldn't have an ulterior motive, could they?  Do you think they would have made a stink if Obummer had wanted to speak on July 4th?

Betty McCollum, chairwoman of the Appropriations subcommittee overseeing the Interior (which the NPS is under) stated:   

“If the park unit is forced to absorb additional costs it will have to make reductions in other areas, such as visitor services or facilities operation and maintenance,” the letter states.

And to think, hillary and her posse kick people out of public restrooms for her own privacy. No poop for you!!

21 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

Betty McCollum, chairwoman of the Appropriations subcommittee overseeing the Interior (which the NPS is under) stated:   

“If the park unit is forced to absorb additional costs it will have to make reductions in other areas, such as visitor services or facilities operation and maintenance,” the letter states.

That quote doesn't appear anywhere in the story I posted.  Do you have a link?  Notice I post links to back up my stance.  I hate it when people try to bolster their stance with quotes and what not without substantiation.

19 minutes ago, sderk said:

And to think, hillary and her posse kick people out of public restrooms for her own privacy. No poop for you!!

At least she was nice enough to save the government money hosting her e-mail.

11 minutes ago, Strike said:

At least she was nice enough to save the government money hosting her e-mail.

True. She saved the enemy of the US time and effort of hacking emails as well. She was so thoughtful.