Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

Tactical Geeks

I imagine 90sbabys place has these kinds of things in every room ready to go, including the crisper drawer in the fridge.

• Haha 1

1. How the fock is that “in plain sight”? :dunno:

2. If you are a tactical geek, you need some sweet, kick ass tactical shades. 

I dont have that many daily tactics to perform to feel the need to buy "tactical" gear.

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

I imagine 90sbabys place has these kinds of things in every room ready to go, including the crisper drawer in the fridge.

That would be me. Get past the lab, pitbull and 2 chihuahuas and you'll be sorry you did 

43 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

That would be me. Get past the lab, pitbull and 2 chihuahuas and you'll be sorry you did 

Recently, the police took down a guy, and I thought I may know him. The incident happened in his neighborhood. When I went on Google to see if I could get details, my search with the city name and "AK-47" was so filled up, I never found the info I wanted. 

That got me to thinking I may want to consider a home defense weapon, past my machete. I am looking at a FN 509 tactical, with a suppressor. My ears have enough damage already, and if somebody breaks down the door, I don't want to be fumbling for ear plugs. I am thinking of a 9mm, and maybe the same caliber in a smaller gun for CC. 

The FN comes with two 24 round clips. 

1 minute ago, BiPolarBear said:

Recently, the police took down a guy, and I thought I may know him. The incident happened in his neighborhood. When I went on Google to see if I could get details, my search with the city name and "AK-47" was so filled up, I never found the info I wanted. 

That got me to thinking I may want to consider a home defense weapon, past my machete. I am looking at a FN 509 tactical, with a suppressor. My ears have enough damage already, and if somebody breaks down the door, I don't want to be fumbling for ear plugs. I am thinking of a 9mm, and maybe the same caliber in a smaller gun for CC. 

I'm not really worried about home defense ear protection but I absolutely wear it target shooting. Suppressors never really got my bippy hot. That FN is sweet as hell 

Just now, shorepatrol said:

I'm not really worried about home defense ear protection but I absolutely wear it target shooting. Suppressors never really got my bippy hot. That FN is sweet as hell 

Yeah. I got my left eardrum broken, when a friend shot off a 20 gauge next to my head when I was 18. I have had a continual  LOUD ringing in that ear ever since. I walked in front of a P.A. speaker with a rock band playing, and fried my right ear. I don't want a suppressor, but I want it more than more ear damage from pulling the trigger indoors with no protection. 

I may end up with the Glock 43 for CC.  I went back over my life and thought of when I would have pulled a gun, if I had one on me. I came up with once. I figure a single stack 9 may be enough. 

17 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I may end up with the Glock 43 for CC.  I went back over my life and thought of when I would have pulled a gun, if I had one on me. I came up with once. I figure a single stack 9 may be enough. 

Cant go wrong with a 43. I usually carry one as my secondary duty weapon and my primary CC.

Just now, Fireballer said:

Cant go wrong with a 43. I usually carry one as me secondary duty weapon and my primary CC.

Thank you.   :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Thank you.   :thumbsup:

Some people dont like carrying anything less than a .40.  Get a good round if youre carrying a 9mm.  We use 147 grain Speer gold dot for duty ammo.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

Glock 43x...  I just picked one up for my wife.  Super concealable single stack.  Like the 27.. but skinnier with an extended grip/magwell.

5 hours ago, frank said:

1. How the fock is that “in plain sight”? :dunno:

2. If you are a tactical geek, you need some sweet, kick ass tactical shades. 

I sure hope that Kris got a shitload of money for the commercials. I'm sure he deserves it
I focking hate every one of them. 

Just bought a Springfield XDS this past weekend. Place I went to let’s you try before you buy. Felt really good and shot well. Was thinking about getting  that FN 509 but I’ll save that for another date

• Thanks 1

Anyone found a good LED upgrade bulb for D cell Maglite?  Amazon has about 100 if them from 8.99 to 29.99.

4 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Just bought a Springfield XDS this past weekend. Place I went to let’s you try before you buy. Felt really good and shot well. Was thinking about getting  that FN 509 but I’ll save that for another date

I love my xds sub compact double stack 

4 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Anyone found a good LED upgrade bulb for D cell Maglite?  Amazon has about 100 if them from 8.99 to 29.99.

They are still garbage with the "upgrade"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

I love my xds sub compact double stack 

Mine is single stack. Got a really good deal on it

I don't know sh1t about firearms beyond shotguns I had when I was younger.  What's the price tag on the various options you guys mentioned?  Just curious. 

I have a 'trashcan' with a step "lid opener".

But when you step? The lid opens and my sig Sauer springs up handle first.

I have a toaster like that too..

On 6/8/2019 at 11:21 PM, wiffleball said:

I have a 'trashcan' with a step "lid opener".

But when you step? The lid opens and my sig Sauer springs up handle first.

I have a toaster like that too..

Now you can make superclever action film comments before you gun down intruders, like:

"Time to take out the trash" and

"Break out the Nutella, because you're toast"

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1