Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Ryobi fathers day sale. Home depot.

Got 2 18v lithium batteries for 99 and u get a free tool.  Lots to choose from...i took the 6.5 inch circular saw...I have a 15 year old 18v ni cad ryobi and i needed new batteries...i was down to one.  I may go back and get 2 more batteries and the jigsaw or small router.

• Thanks 1

My old 18 year old big ass blue ryobi set went up after 2 sets of batteries. I went with a new rigid set.

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

My old 18 year old big ass blue ryobi set went up after 2 sets of batteries. I went with a new rigid set.

I recently bought a Rigid hammer drill on sale.  I'll prolly continue to go with them as long as they offer the lifetime service agreement.  I might never need to use it but it's good to know it's there.  They even cover the batteries.

Wife bought me a ryobi 5 piece 18v set.  Still kicks ass 15 yrs later.  It was a refurb set also...impressive imho

23 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I recently bought a Rigid hammer drill on sale.  I'll prolly continue to go with them as long as they offer the lifetime service agreement.  I might never need to use it but it's good to know it's there.  They even cover the batteries.

There is a switch to use as regular or hammer if it's like mine. 

6 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

There is a switch to use as regular or hammer if it's like mine. 

Honestly, I don't even know.  It's this one.  Looks like they discontinued it.  I paid $79 with 2 batteries.  https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Brushless-1-2-in-Compact-Hammer-Drill-with-2-1-5-Ah-Batteries-and-18-Volt-Charger-R861162SB/304583628

eta: You're right.  It's got the switch on the side.

• Like 1

I have all Ryobi stuff.  I invested in the brushless stuff that I use on a regular basis...the hammer drill, the impact driver, and the circular saw.

The other tool of theirs that I use all the time is the 18 gauge brand nailer.  That thing rocks.  No hauling around the air tank and hoses.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Ryobi is to tools what pinnacle and top flight are to golf balls

Its probably correct...but im not in construction..so its perfect for me!!

9 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Got 2 18v lithium batteries for 99 and u get a free tool.  Lots to choose from...i took the 6.5 inch circular saw...I have a 15 year old 18v ni cad ryobi and i needed new batteries...i was down to one.  I may go back and get 2 more batteries and the jigsaw or small router.

I have most of the Ryobi stuff; some blue some new green. The stuff rocks. I recommend the mini router as well as the 18v hedge trimmer for home owners that need one. That this is pretty nice. 

9 hours ago, Drizzay said:

The other tool of theirs that I use all the time is the 18 gauge brand nailer.  That thing rocks.  No hauling around the air tank and hoses.

I've been contemplating getting one of those. Unfortunately they're not offering that with this deal. Thanks though.

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

Ryobi is to tools what pinnacle and top flight are to golf balls

So a good option to the every day man, but if you're a pro you should probably get something better?

13 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

So a good option to the every day man, but if you're a pro you should probably get something better?

Correct

I have Ryobi 18V tools which I've collected over the years.  The only one I've had to replace is a reciprocating saw; I beat the snot out of those hacking branches for our bulk trash collection.  Otherwise I'm not building a skyscraper, I just do occasional small projects and they work fine.

39 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I have Ryobi 18V tools which I've collected over the years.  The only one I've had to replace is a reciprocating saw; I beat the snot out of those hacking branches for our bulk trash collection.  Otherwise I'm not building a skyscraper, I just do occasional small projects and they work fine.

The only one I had to replace was the multi-tool.  That thing was used all the time.  The last straw for was zipping through metal lathe and plaster to remove a wall.  I'm holding out for them to release a brushless version before I replace it.

I need a new lawn mower. Want to get one of those battery powered ones but don’t want to pay like $700.

Anybody got an idea?

1 hour ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

I wouldn't get a batter powered mower. Get a self propelled/walk behind Toro or Troy Bilt.

Got a Toro, that POS didn’t last three years. Though I admittedly did not take good care of it

I have a couple odd slopes i cant get with my tractor...i usually weed wack...but a battery mower would make it much easier.

2 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

I wouldn't get a batter powered mower. Get a self propelled/walk behind Toro or Troy Bilt.

Depends on the grass type and yard size.  Size is obvious.  Our summer bermuda would laugh at a battery mower.  There are finer breeds like tiff but those typically need a front-load mower.  There is a middle type called St. Augustine which might work; we had that at an earlier house.

Winter grass is a rye.  Annual rye grows like a weed, might be tough.  Perennial rye grows slower and is what we always use.

So basically I wouldn't get one.  But if I did I'd get the Greenworks 80V.  I've pimped their chainsaw and blower here before.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=W_P6XNjHBbLA7gLm_qvIDA&q=greenworks+80v+mower&oq=greenworks+80v+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.3.35i39l2j0l8.80123665.80133308..80136346...3.0..0.126.1902.5j13......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i131j0i67j0i131i67.Ctu2ddRLOAA

Also I pay Messicans to handle my landscaping as of about 6 months ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Depends on the grass type and yard size.  Size is obvious.  Our summer bermuda would laugh at a battery mower.  There are finer breeds like tiff but those typically need a front-load mower.  There is a middle type called St. Augustine which might work; we had that at an earlier house.

Winter grass is a rye.  Annual rye grows like a weed, might be tough.  Perennial rye grows slower and is what we always use.

So basically I wouldn't get one.  But if I did I'd get the Greenworks 80V.  I've pimped their chainsaw and blower here before.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=W_P6XNjHBbLA7gLm_qvIDA&q=greenworks+80v+mower&oq=greenworks+80v+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.3.35i39l2j0l8.80123665.80133308..80136346...3.0..0.126.1902.5j13......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i131j0i67j0i131i67.Ctu2ddRLOAA

Also I pay Messicans to handle my landscaping as of about 6 months ago.

I have their 60v weed whacker and it works great