Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round One-Three Commentary - June Mock 2019 **

6 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

Picks sent to Mike since Fumble's inbox is full, see everyone in the morning.:cheers:

Apologies for that- I deleted a bunch of conversations, so good to go moving forward as far as messages go. 

🐯

No surprises on picks 1 or 2, but the third choice in drafts this summer will be fascinating to me. This is non-PPR, so does that make McCaffrey the best pick here? It will be a good debate moving forward. 

I am open to hearing everyone’s  thoughts on McCaffery at 3. He should get TDs thru the air and on the ground. Not sure Cam can throw the deep ball much.

Say fellas, I would like to join another money league this year and would enjoy playing with any of you. Let’s me know if you have an opening and the details. Thank you!

I considered McCaffery highly for the #2 pick.  Front office concerns and mishandling contracts in Dallas have me spooked somewhat.  How are they gonna handle Dak's contract and Zeke is already talking holdout.

I agree with what remote is saying here. I think the only reason that Elliot is considered for number two is that this is non PPR. Honestly, assuming the number 5 pick is who we think it's going to be oh, I think you could make an argument for any one of those to be the number 2 pick. I like the McCaffrey pick a lot oh, and would probably be debating between him and the unnamed player at number two. Make it PPR, and it's not even a question for me. Ezekiel falls out of the top four

In this format McCaffrey is a tough sell for me where taken, I would likely nudge him down just a bit to lower in round 1

5 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

Had a sliver of hope that McCaffrey might slip to me at 11. 

No, no you didn't. Maybe if you were at 10 . . .😉

16 minutes ago, Dan said:

I agree with what remote is saying here. I think the only reason that Elliot is considered for number two is that this is non PPR. Honestly, assuming the number 5 pick is who we think it's going to be oh, I think you could make an argument for any one of those to be the number 2 pick. I like the McCaffrey pick a lot oh, and would probably be debating between him and the unnamed player at number two. Make it PPR, and it's not even a question for me. Ezekiel falls out of the top four

Yet Zeke had 77 receptions last year.  He's the clear #2 without his baggage and holdout concerns in both formats.  Hell he may even be the #1now that OBJ is gone from NYG and the mess between the two QB's.

I like Kamara this year. He was #2 overall on my board

But the baggage can't be ignored. And I think you conflated teams with your obj comment.

And there it is. I think the number 5 slot might be the easiest first round pick in the draft. And there's an argument for Melvin Gordon to go as high as two.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

But the baggage can't be ignored. And I think you can play the teams with your obj comment.

No I agree with that point.......I made it.  What I was pointing out to you was when you spoke of the ppr removing him from the conversation.  I had to remind you that he did have 77 catches last year and ppr is not the problem.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

But the baggage can't be ignored. And I think you can play the teams with your obj comment.

You can't ignore it, but you can gamble that it won't be an issue this year.

I'd say you can make a case for Barkley or Elliot at number 1, and any of the other top 5 at number 2.

• Like 1

First round is mostly standard thus far  🤤

After Johnson, I think is where things get interesting.

Johnson should bounce back with the new coach in a new system. It was just frustrating as fock last year. Yeah, the Cardinals were epically bad, but it seemed like Arians Wilks was trying to force Johnson into the RB he wanted, rather than utilizing Johnson's strengths.

Yes I hate the pick I just made but I'm projecting forward a bit to what I'll be happy with in future rounds 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Yes I hate the pick I just made but I'm projecting forward a bit to what I'll be happy with in future rounds 

I'm just glad you made sure I didnt have to struggle with the choice. I don't like him the person, but I can't deny his talent. I'm glad I wasn't forced to take him.

Plenty of upside, and that's where the value is, but I would HATE to have to rely on him now that he got paid. 7 is a bad spot this year, IMHO.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

After Johnson, I think is where things get interesting.

Johnson should bounce back with the new coach in a new system. It was just frustrating as fock last year. Yeah, the Cardinals were epically bad, but it seemed like Arians Wilks was trying to force Johnson into the RB he wanted, rather than utilizing Johnson's strengths.

He should bounce back big on the receiving end but this will be almost entirely shotgun and that isn't as easy to run from. 

34 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Plenty of upside, and that's where the value is, but I would HATE to have to rely on him now that he got paid. 7 is a bad spot this year, IMHO.

Agreed. I just didn't want to go WR this early with how much WR depth there is... 

Haven't seen anything surprising yet.  So far players are going off the board in the order I have.  I went with Gordon in the 5 spot as he was the clear choice.

Agreed, the drop off/decision point from #6 to #7 is diffficult.

Just now, remote controller said:

I love the Adams grab.........yes I am a Packer fan, but he is just solid!

Now I feel really sexthy.....

Loved the double WR picks. Great strategy there

Conner was who I anticipated falling to 10, but this is wicked conservative, borne of the idea that you can't win the league in the first round, but you can lose it there. He is foundationally safe, and allows options going forward in the draft.

• Like 1

Pretty sure this is the earliest a Brown has been taken in the last decade . . .