Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round One-Three Commentary - June Mock 2019 **

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Pretty sure this is the earliest a Brown has been taken in the last decade . . .

I think Trent Richardson snuck into the first his sophomore year.

• Like 1

I had considered the mercurial Beckham, but wanted to play out the double RB strategy, and I think Chubb is safer on that young offense, and actually will be value at this spot.

Love the Kelce pick. That was where I was going if shovel sniped me on Chubb

Sorry, I didn't need to hesitate with that pick I just didn't realize I was otc.

My bad.

Also a good time for explanation on selecting Bell at 1.7

As risky as he is, I felt like I'd be abe to snag JuJu at 2.6 and fell better with that combo than Hopkins and another RB

• Like 2

Hadn’t targeted Kelce per se and would have liked Cook or Chubb...but picking a RB with either of my first two picks would have been a reach and I think reaching from the #8 spot leaves you with an inferior team. So, it’s value over position for me so far.

• Like 2

806-202-0265 if I get caught up out in the field this afternoon. Kind of hard to put together a a list for a short turn.  The first pic dictates the second.

• Like 1

Went back and forth between Brown and a certain RB.

Not high on either, but taking Brown gives me more flexibility, and I think the RB2 field is deep enough that I can fill it without much problem.

I never take a TE this early but I didn't see a RB that I thought was worth it and I think there are plenty of good WRs available yet.  I've gotten tired of being stuck with terrible TEs over the years and I'm a big Kittle and Iowa fan so I figured I'd take him instead of someone else getting him.  The guy is a stud.

Wow. From 1 to 22. That's quite a plummet.

6 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Gurley was the back I was considering. He just scares the hell out of me.

I strongly considered him too but felt Kittle was safer.

26 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Gurley was the back I was considering. He just scares the hell out of me.

Some one had to do it, he was not likely to fall too much further, but I get the apprehension too.

• Like 1

The Gurley pick was truly the top story of the first two rounds. Where do you take him? At what point, does his past make him too enticing to pass on?

Considered him at 2.05, but like many, couldn't pull the trigger. Such a hard player to figure out at the moment. I don't see it clearing up anytime soon, either. 

All that said, can you imagine last December someone saying they had drafted both Gurley and McCaffrey in a twelve-team redraft? No one would have believed it... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fumbleweed said:

The Gurley pick was truly the top story of the first two rounds. Where do you take him? At what point, does his past make him too enticing to pass on?

Considered him at 2.05, but like many, couldn't pull the trigger. Such a hard player to figure out at the moment. I don't see it clearing up anytime soon, either. 

All that said, can you imagine last December someone saying they had drafted both Gurley and McCaffrey in a twelve-team redraft? No one would have believed it... 

This precisely.  The summer may clear him up, and maybe move him up, but he's a mystery.

On a smaller scale, I feel that way about OBJ.  He could click immediately and demand a higher draft position by the end of summer, or he could remain a potential risk that makes drafters question even the top half of round 2.

Stuff I like to ponder... I am a numbers guy, I like to poke at them

Round 1 Round 2
WR 3 25.00% 6 50.00%
RB 9 75.00% 3 25.00%
QB 0   0 0.00%
TE 0   3 25.00%

Combos:

RB-RB: 3

RB-WR: 4

WR-WR: 2

RB-TE: 2

WR-TE: 1

Don’t think I didn’t ponder that Gurley pick, but at #22 he was just too much value to give up. Risk....sure....,but I am in this thing to win and I am “all in”. Not sure Iceman and RC would have let him slip to me at 3.03 either.

and, you could all laugh at me if he falls flat on his face, and I would deserve it!

1 hour ago, robb said:

Don’t think I didn’t ponder that Gurley pick, but at #22 he was just too much value to give up. Risk....sure....,but I am in this thing to win and I am “all in”. Not sure Iceman and RC would have let him slip to me at 3.03 either.

and, you could all laugh at me if he falls flat on his face, and I would deserve it!

There was NO WAY Gurley was making it past me. The value is too good at this point.

ICEMAN

Just now, ICEMAN said:

There was NO WAY Gurley was making it past me. The value is too good at this point.

ICEMAN

I agree and I'm also glad someone else pulled the trigger.

Andrew Luck coming off the board, interesting, he seems to be in the same realm as Gurley in that you cannot be sure what his health issues might mean to you....

Was really hoping to pair Derrick Henry with Devonta Freeman, but alas it was not to be. Loved the Freeman pick in addition to Dan getting great value there with Cooper, I think. 

Waiting on Mike, as always! 🙄

😜

ICEMAN

35 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Was really hoping to pair Derrick Henry with Devonta Freeman, but alas it was not to be. Loved the Freeman pick in addition to Dan getting great value there with Cooper, I think. 

hadFreeman typed in and then decided I wanted to gamble on a fournette bounce back in what shul at least be a better offense rather than mess with koetter in Atlanta. But I still like freeman as well.

Zeke - 381 touches for 2001 yards and 9 tds

Zach - 116 touches for 1163 yards and 8 tds

Thielen - 113 touches for 1373 yards 9 tds

Three proven target/touch hogs w/fair to good td production.  618 touches for 4536 yards and 26 tds.  

Wonder what I'll find on next turn.

1 minute ago, remote controller said:

Zeke - 381 touches for 2001 yards and 9 tds

Zach - 116 touches for 1163 yards and 8 tds

Thielen - 113 touches for 1373 yards 9 tds

Three proven target/touch hogs w/fair to good td production.  618 touches for 4536 yards and 26 tds.  

Wonder what I'll find on next turn.

Jermichael Finley?

12 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Jermichael Finley?

Vincent Brisby?

ICEMAN

• Like 1

Taking WR-WR to begin the draft, I was targeting Derrick Henry with my next pick, but that was probably wishful thinking. I'm somewhat surprised at the decent RB options available at the 3-4 turn. Hopefully I chose the right two.