Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

CNN front page claiming FOX News trying to put doubts in voters minds about Biden.

Whoooooaaaaaa.  Holy f*ck.  Wait---what?

If FOX put possible news about CNN trying to stop Trump from getting elected on their front page, that's ALL they'd have.  Every day.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/10/politics/joe-biden-age-fox-news-oldest-2020-democrats/index.html

If this isn't the pot calling the kettle black, NOTHING is:

"Washington (CNN)For anyone who watches Fox News Channel, it's not at all surprising that its anchors and hosts (with few notable exceptions) talk up President Donald Trump while knocking down the Democrats running against him in 2020.

While that position puts Fox somewhere in the gray area between journalism and activism, it's not exactly new. There are ratings in partisanship -- so Fox News engages in partisanship."

• Haha 2

Good Lord......

The first group of people who will run here to post a story anytime they think they can scream fake news at CNN, are now calling out CNN  who called out Fox ginning up their own fake news.

You guys are awesome.   :doublethumbsup:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

The first group of people who will run here to post a story anytime they think they can scream fake news at CNN, are now calling out CNN when for calling out Fox ginning up their own fake news.

Lucky for us folks here do not pretend to be impartial, even if they are every bit as smarmy.... 😁

The difference between Fox and CNN at this point is that Fox actually does attempt to sometimes report about something outside of politics. CNN is 100% anti-Trump all day long without ceasing. They are no longer a news provider. Fox is hardly one either. 

Whoever says it first "forces" the other to defend itself.  Why do you think selfiejr pulls out the racist hater card almost immediately?  Because he's racist.

• Like 1

Usually how we run these presidential campaigns is we put the candidates in bubble wrap, don't ask them questions, and only say nice things.

1 hour ago, Fumbleweed said:

The difference between Fox and CNN at this point is that Fox actually does attempt to sometimes report about something outside of politics. CNN is 100% anti-Trump all day long without ceasing. They are no longer a news provider. Fox is hardly one either. 

Correct.

I wish everyone would just leave creepy Joe alone until the convention is over. 

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

The first group of people who will run here to post a story anytime they think they can scream fake news at CNN, are now calling out CNN when for calling out Fox ginning up their own fake news.

Not surprising. The POTUS complains about “fake news” 24/7 while lying and retweeting lies and conspiracy theories all day long.

Obviously fake = news that makes you feel bad and real = news that makes you feel good.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

Not surprising. The POTUS complains about “fake news” 24/7 while lying and retweeting lies and conspiracy theories all day long.

Obviously fake = news that makes you feel bad and real = news that makes you feel good.

Troll gonna troll 

Just now, 12th Man said:

Troll gonna troll 

Remember that time you said you’d punch Biden’s teeth out? That was funny. 😂 

15 minutes ago, MDC said:

That cuts both ways. I use to think the scale was 10x worse on the GOP but that's not true anymore, both sides do it, sadly as mainstream left leaning sources that made efforts nevertheless to play it straight and overcome thier bias have become contaminated with activists lacking journalistic integrity.

Just now, Voltaire said:

That cuts both ways. I use to think the scale was 10x worse on the GOP but that's not true anymore, both sides do it, sadly as mainstream left leaning sources that made efforts nevertheless to play it straight and overcome thier bias have become contaminated with activists lacking journalistic integrity.

That’s true but you’d expect a president who takes daily potshots at the media calling them fake and corrupt would not himself be such a fan of fake news and dingbat conspiracy theories. Obviously Don has no problem with fake news, he just doesn’t like news (real or fake) that makes him look bad.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Remember that time you said you’d punch Biden’s teeth out? That was funny. 😂 

In fairness, Biden is 76 years old. There's a tiny chance that 12th Man could actually take him. Just to be safe, I think he'd be smarter to wait till he's 80.

10 minutes ago, The Observer said:

In fairness, Biden is 76 years old. There's a tiny chance that 12th Man could actually take him. Just to be safe, I think he'd be smarter to wait till he's 80.

12th Doosh also said he would beat up Jimmy Kimmel and me. He is very badass and tough, according to himself, in his imagination, online. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I don't agree to the extent that both sides do this equally or in the way they do it(take today's example, Fox recklessly speculating about Biden's health???), but I do agree24 hour news stations have made these moves to more opinion based talking head stuff.   I would argue it's not activists without integrity contaminating the news, but more Fox lead in this type of "journalistic BS" and others have copied the formula to generate the ratings and ad dollars.   

If Walter Cronkite reading the news straight from a teleprompter, no spin, opinions, group discussions was the thing that got the most viewers, every network would be in a race to dig him up and have him read the news again.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Zero self awareness 

This right here. I wouldn't even say Fox is pro Trump, but they aren't mouth breathing raging never trumpers like CNN and MSNBC. I'm just guess here based on what I've seen as I walk through the break rooms.

There is no equivalent to Chris Wallace, Martha Mccallum or Shepard Smith on CNN/MSNBC. They can't even scrounge up a pro trump panelist. 

The media has devolved so sadly....

I dont remember the entire fox panel literally bursting into tears the nights McCain and Romney lost.  

CNN and MSNBC hacks actually cried. Like real cry.

They've been doing so since 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There is no equivalent to Chris Wallace, Martha Mccallum or Shepard Smith on CNN/MSNBC. They can't even scrounge up a pro trump panelist. 

Not that I think you're actually interested, but check out Michael Smerkonish on CNN.  He's cut from the same cloth as Wallace and Shep Smith.

As for pro-Trump panelists, they have that asswipe Steve Cortez on all the time. And Rick Santorum.  And many others.  CNN is certainly biased, but no where near as bad as Fox News.

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

Not that I think you're actually interested, but check out Michael Smerkonish on CNN.  He's cut from the same cloth as Wallace and Shep Smith.

As for pro-Trump panelists, they have that asswipe Steve Cortez on all the time. And Rick Santorum.  And many others.  CNN is certainly biased, but no where near as bad as Fox News.

So dumb

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

The media has devolved so sadly....

It can all be traced back to Ruppert Murdoch starting Fox News.  He was the first that said he wanted a network that only shared news from the perspective of one side of the aisle. Naturally, that created a market for networks with viewpoints from the other side's perspective.  Trump being a candidate and eventually President, pushed some networks (most notably, CNN) farther left.  If a normal, non-racist, non-hate promoting GOP wins the presidency again, things will return more to normal. Although MSNBC will likely stay as far left as Fox is right. That's why it was created. As the anti-Fox.

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I used to listen to Smerkonish on XM when I was a lefty. Because he was a lefty too. Not convincing me offering his name up. I know all about him. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I used to listen to Smerkonish on XM when I was a lefty. Because he was a lefty too. Not convincing me offering his name up. I know all about him. 

And Wallace and Smith are righties. It's crazy how points fly over your head so frequently. Wooooooosh

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

It can all be traced back to Ruppert Murdoch starting Fox News.  He was the first that said he wanted a network that only shared news from the perspective of one side of the aisle. Naturally, that created a market for networks with viewpoints from the other side's perspective.  Trump being a candidate and eventually President, pushed some networks (most notably, CNN) farther left.  If a normal, non-racist, non-hate promoting GOP wins the presidency again, things will return more to normal. Although MSNBC will likely stay as far left as Fox is right. That's why it was created. As the anti-Fox.

CNN turned hard when Trump was elected, MSNBC followed along...they are the booboo to the CNN's Yogi.....

FOX has always been the joke network, cartoonish and provocative....but suddenly there has been a shift as CNN and MSNBC have completely devoted themselves to anti-Trump propaganda, they are so far gone that they actually make Fox seem rational...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

CNN turned hard when Trump was elected, MSNBC followed along...they are the booboo to the CNN's Yogi.....

FOX has always been the joke network, cartoonish and provocative....but suddenly there has been a shift as CNN and MSNBC have completely devoted themselves to anti-Trump propaganda, they are so far gone that they actually make Fox seem rational...

Spot on. 

Just now, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I always considered MSNBC a joke network too. a left-wing Fox News.  Trump made CNN his target because he knew that to fool the people, he needed to make them doubt what they were seeing with their own eyes. One thing standing in his way to getting away with the crimes and racism and hatred was the people getting the news. Very early in the process, he started talking crap about CNN. Refused to be interviewed by them, and eventually, started calling them enemy of the people. Of course CNN reacted. The world's biggest and most popular news network wasn't about to stand by while it's reputation was being attacked. I agree, at this point, CNN is no different than MSNBC. But like their famous ads state, this is an apple. And no matter how much Trump tries to deny the truth, a banana is never going to be an apple.   Once Trump is gone, they will return to being center/slightly left of center, as they've always been.   Nothing about this Presidency is normal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Quality response. You offer so much.

Speaking if responses or lack there of. So you watch fox do ya ?

5 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Speaking if responses or lack there of. So you watch fox do ya ?

So dumb

Wow, you're right. I do feel really smart now.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Anybody on Fox not voting for Biden.

A few have said "Hands down, Joe" when asked who they'd vote for. Or maybe it was "Hands off, Joe"   

31 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I always considered MSNBC a joke network too. a left-wing Fox News.  Trump made CNN his target because he knew that to fool the people, he needed to make them doubt what they were seeing with their own eyes. One thing standing in his way to getting away with the crimes and racism and hatred was the people getting the news. Very early in the process, he started talking crap about CNN. Refused to be interviewed by them, and eventually, started calling them enemy of the people. Of course CNN reacted. The world's biggest and most popular news network wasn't about to stand by while it's reputation was being attacked. I agree, at this point, CNN is no different than MSNBC. But like their famous ads state, this is an apple. And no matter how much Trump tries to deny the truth, a banana is never going to be an apple.   Once Trump is gone, they will return to being center/slightly left of center, as they've always been.   Nothing about this Presidency is normal.

I think CNN showed a lack of restraint on too many occasions as well. They want to leverage situations to their advantage, and have been caught up in situations like the Smollett thing, and shown to be just a little clownish. I tend to attribute it to the 24x7 news setup, that CNN themselves trail blazed.  They are too quick to leap on to something that feeds into their ideological dogma.