Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

** Round Four-Eight Commentary **

I see that Mike has stolen my strategery from last June Mock. At the bottom of the round take the best 2 WR's available and then start throwing RB's at a wall for four rounds. Hopefully you have a better result than I got. I had 4 of the first 5 RB's that I selected on IR by week 5.

Good times....Goooood times.

ICEMAN

5 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

🤢

At least the 2 WR's that I selected (Julio & Davante Adams) ended up being top 5 at their position for the season. It was all for naught, though.

ICEMAN

I wonder if I should end each post the way ICEMAN does...

Fumbleweed 

Sounds like a plan

ICEMAN

Dambit Dan....you snuck Diggs from me....  🤬

GOOD DAY SIR......🧐

Round 1 Round 2 Round 3
WR 3 25.00% 6 50.00% 4 33.33%
RB 9 75.00% 3 25.00% 6 50.00%
QB 0   0 0.00% 2 16.67%
TE 0   3 25.00% 0 0.00%

I don't have a list from Matt....

Maybe Mike does?? :dunno:

This watch. This watch was on your Daddy's wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured and put in a Vietnamese prison camp. Now he knew if the gooks ever saw the watch it'd be confiscated. The way your Daddy looked at it, that watch was your birthright. And he'd be damned if any slopeheads were gonna put their greasy yella hands on his boy's birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide somethin'. His ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

Struggled with deciding on RB or WR but went with Sony Michel.  He offers some big upside and I see a drop off after him.

I also wavered between RB and WR, but I like Drake's upside with a new coach. I have 1 more RB in the same tier, and didn't want to risk someone at the turn taking their third RB.

Quite a RB run over the last round or so. I wonder if other mocks will show this to be a RB-heavy time in a draft as well... 

Golladay was my first choice here then was narrowed down to Jacobs, Drake and Carson.  Carson is fine in a run heavy offense.  I don't see him getting any less carries this year.

Engram will be an interesting player to track this year.  He's very talented and likely the #2 impact player on the giants this year.  It was a salty pick.

Engram is a real possibility to outplay his draft position, but I thought he was taken a round or so too early.

But he wasn't making it back to Iceman's next pick, so can't fault taking him here.

Williams was a top 10 pick for a reason. He was hurt his rookie year, and bounced back with 10 TDs last year. With Keenan Allen on the other side and Gordon out of the backfield to keep defenses honest, I like him to continue to improve.

The reason for the Engram selection was due to a few things.

#1 - He is probably the only TE left available that will get at least 100 targets. With OBJ gone it is a near certainty, short of an injury occurring and Engram missing some games.

#2 - There are some undeniable warts on the next 5 TE's that will probably drafted that could cause them to under-perform their draft position. Since they have not been selected yet, I will refrain from listing them here with said warts.

#3 - He is the last of the TE's that will be the focus of their teams passing game.

ICEMAN

1 hour ago, remote controller said:

Lockett was #3 on my list.  Gonna be another good year for him minus Baldwin.

I agree. A #1 wr with WIlson firing to him. HE was the last of my tier WR remaining. Thanks

1 hour ago, ICEMAN said:

The reason for the Engram selection was due to a few things.

#1 - He is probably the only TE left available that will get at least 100 targets. With OBJ gone it is a near certainty, short of an injury occurring and Engram missing some games.

#2 - There are some undeniable warts on the next 5 TE's that will probably drafted that could cause them to under-perform their draft position. Since they have not been selected yet, I will refrain from listing them here with said warts.

#3 - He is the last of the TE's that will be the focus of their teams passing game.

ICEMAN

#1 disagree

#2 agree

#3 disagree somewhat

• Like 1

Was hoping to get Edelman but not surprised he was gone. I’m good with Jeffery as my WR2. He’s been a solid WR. 

It was a real back and forth over whether or not to spring for a QB here, but I found the value of Rodgers in late 5th round to be a little compelling.

Wouldn't typically pick a QB or TE this early, but I'd figured I give it a try given this is a mock and I wasn't happy with any of the RB or WR value at the 5/6 turn. Starting lineup will look good, but I'm sacrificing depth.

1 minute ago, Mike FF Today said:

Wouldn't typically pick a QB or TE this early, but I'd figured I give it a try given this is a mock and I wasn't happy with any of the RB or WR value at the 5/6 turn. Starting lineup will look good, but I'm sacrificing depth.

It's a tough assessment right? What is the projection if you get that depth vs the value distinction of available QB's vs likely later available QB's.....which is why leagues are won in rounds 4 through 6   :banana:

I wonder if Kupp would have made it back to me at 6.05. If so, I would have taken Watson at 5.08 instead. Good picks, Mike. 

Okay, so Fumble's comment makes this easier to condense. Simply put, no. You wouldn't have gotten Kupp next round. When I left the 4th round, I figured Kupp would be gone, but watching the him come do close to me broke my heart. He absolutely would have been my pick at 5.10. Godwin was a consolation.

Gosh, Mike, that was a heckuva turn. DeShaun Watson was my covet for 6.3. So, another adjustment, but well done.

I know it’s early for Guice, but he’s had a full year to recover. Might as well take a chance. 

This is the first pick I really agonized over, as i reviewed both my overall list, targets, and then my plan I was suddenly at a tipping point for the draft.  This pick was going to cause the rest of my plan to convulse and the various names i dropped into my model created some big swings for me in later pick strategies......I went lowest risk both at this pick and for my later setups.