Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Jon Stewart to Congress on reauthorizing 9/11 victims fund

12 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Brilliant job, Jon Liebowitz.  CNN was right there to capture every moment.  Was this bill brought up and then voted down, or was he just there attention-hoing?

Unpopular opinion: I don’t know why we deify these people any more than any other cop or first responder who gets killed / injured / sick in the line of duty. They’re all heroes. Why are th de guys more deserving than another? 

I will take Stewart at his word that this is an issue he cares deeply about. But he’s laying it on pretty thick. Maybe I’m just cynical.

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

Unpopular opinion: I don’t know why we deify these people any more than any other cop or first responder who gets killed / injured / sick in the line of duty. They’re all heroes. Why are th de guys more deserving than another? 

I will take Stewart at his word that this is an issue he cares deeply about. But he’s laying it on pretty thick. Maybe I’m just cynical.

Because our government said the air was safe. It wasn't and they knew it. 

• Like 2

Good for Jon.  It is stupid that we can't fund this.

• Like 1

He kept saying 5 seconds. Of course they were going to respond within 5 seconds. There was a terrorist attack on the country. Planes flying into buildings. 

Why doesn't the government just have a set budget amount for each year, then, they can make a list of all the groups asking for money, prioritize what they think is the top 10 (or whatever) most in need of some money. Then put it up on a national vote to determine in what order of importance that the people think it should be in. Then, based upon the results, distribute the funding  with 1 being the highest % of the funding, and 10 being the lowest. Then repeat this yearly. Let the people decide where their taxes go.

• Like 1

Waah! Jon was mean to Rumsfeld 6 years ago, so I don't like him advocating for first responders to 9/11!

...some Patriots...

There are men he took to Congress before that have since died bc Congress didn't keep their promise. 

Of all the shiit for you to be against...

• Like 1

He seems passionate.  It seems like an obviously good “cause”.  

However I know nothing else about it to say if govt is in any “fault”.  :dunno:  

$15 billion for just ONE aircraft carrier that the Navy doesn't want and can neither launch nor retrieve planes consistently. 

But yeah, JS is in the wrong for this.

15 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

No problem with Stewart here

Same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Waah! Jon was mean to Rumsfeld 6 years ago, so I don't like him advocating for first responders to 9/11!

...some Patriots...

There are men he took to Congress before that have since died bc Congress didn't keep their promise. 

Of all the shiit for you to be against...

So where should the money come from to support? There are plenty of people asking for money from the government and then you see folks like Cortez tweeting out that if she doesn't get a raise she will need to resort to underhanded methods to get paid more.

As was posted in another thread:

7 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Um...On FBG...that lying Tim guy said it was the rebublicans fault...Like immediately

7 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

What questions do you have, Funding?  Denying effects?  Lastly, does fault matter or should we just be funding this because they responded to a federal emergency and have been permanently harmed because of they did?

All muslims on our soil should have to pay for this. 

The money shouldn't be taxpayer funded, it should come directly from the Globalists that caused it.

( insert names here )

Can I get a eli5

10 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

The money shouldn't be taxpayer funded, it should come directly from the Globalists that caused it.

( Mexico? )

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

( insert names here )

The Sauds should pick up the tab, no question.

Globalists, 'nuf said