Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

I have found our new owner. We are back in business

Recommended Posts

OK. edjr...I have found your replacement. 
His screen name here is Let the big dog eat. 

He's been a poster here for many years and has agreed to take over the quitters team. 

Good news for all, right?  :cheers:

 

You're welcome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eta:  If that's ok with the rest of you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t have a problem with whoever that is....but if Ed is really done....and with Mobb done.....and with a few of the owners here being very uninvolved in terms of posting and presence....and with the fact that I don’t feel very good about spending time on the Geek Club anymore...

I’m not quitting yet. I still think a lot of a few of the owners here. But it feels like my only interest now is in terms of roster building, as opposed to feeling much connection to the league. Kind of like I’m franchise building on a video game against the machine. 

But I’m probably feeling a bit melodramatic. I suppose the next few months will tell 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would prefer to wait for ed, I take over a crappy dynasty team and if i would have waited a year I could have had my choice of good teams.....

 

This is not right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I would prefer to wait for ed, I take over a crappy dynasty team and if i would have waited a year I could have had my choice of good teams.....

 

This is not right.

OK...I have no problem with this. 
But how long do we wait?  Edjr threatens to quit every year and for the most part we know that it is just his game.  
This time he sounds serious

Personally, I don't want Ed to quit. He's to this league like GFIAFP is to child pron, right? 

FWIW, Bigdog will join if edjr really does quit if that's ok with everyone else here. Or if we can find someone else to everyones liking 
 

He is a silverback...A totally ghey one, but still a silverback
https://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/profile/48267-let-da-big-dog-eat/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know who he is, he has eczema and that was the first I had ever heard of it.

 

My daughter has fairly bad eczema, and I for some reason remember his stories after the fact.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

I don’t have a problem with whoever that is....but if Ed is really done....and with Mobb done.....and with a few of the owners here being very uninvolved in terms of posting and presence....and with the fact that I don’t feel very good about spending time on the Geek Club anymore...

I’m not quitting yet. I still think a lot of a few of the owners here. But it feels like my only interest now is in terms of roster building, as opposed to feeling much connection to the league. Kind of like I’m franchise building on a video game against the machine. 

But I’m probably feeling a bit melodramatic. I suppose the next few months will tell 

I'm not sure what you're talking about with other owners being very uninvolved, but as far as roster building is concerned, isn't that the point of a dynasty league? 
You had your time at the top, Mr. Padrone. 
Looking at your team, you are still upper echelon and nobody does the deals like you do. 

Also, I guaranfuckintee you that this dog character is in it for the long haul. 

We talk on the phone 4 nights a week during ff season and prolly once a week in off season. All about FF

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I know who he is, he has eczema and that was the first I had ever heard of it.

 

My daughter has fairly bad eczema, and I for some reason remember his stories after the fact.

 

Yep. That's the homo. 
He's allegedly all cleared up right now, but given his advanced age, what good is it? :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I would prefer to wait for ed, I take over a crappy dynasty team and if i would have waited a year I could have had my choice of good teams.....

 

This is not right.

FWIW, I was not offered a team until this year.  Ed quit this year.  What do you want?  You cant see the future now can anyone else.  No one saw this coming.  If Ed comes back, I will surrender my ownership.  BTW, what was the other team available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Let Da Big Dog Eat said:

FWIW, I was not offered a team until this year.  Ed quit this year.  What do you want?  You cant see the future now can anyone else.  No one saw this coming.  If Ed comes back, I will surrender my ownership.  BTW, what was the other team available?

fwiw,  read the other post he wrote. lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SUXBNME said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about with other owners being very uninvolved, but as far as roster building is concerned, isn't that the point of a dynasty league? 
You had your time at the top, Mr. Padrone. 
Looking at your team, you are still upper echelon and nobody does the deals like you do. 

Also, I guaranfuckintee you that this dog character is in it for the long haul. 

We talk on the phone 4 nights a week during ff season and prolly once a week in off season. All about FF

 

I’m fine with the roster related effort being given. When I say “uninvolved”, I am speaking in terms of posting on this board, communicating, etc. The things that make the day to day fun.

I still enjoy the draft and looking for trades. But I f I had the option, we’d draft and make trades, then quickly simulate the season to see how things worked out, and immediately have the next draft and make trades again. 

I don’t enjoy the season much anymore. Why? There is less trash talk, less discussion of moves, less ball kicking, less of everything really, I don’t for sure who any of the owners are in my division anymore after 10 years of Pat, Gary, and Ed....

But we all know I’m too competitive to leave. Watching someone else run the most glorious franchise in history would be like watching someone not as good looking as I am bang my wife. So even if I’m pissed about Ed (if he really ~’s) and Mobb and Pat and someone else leaving whose name I can’t remember, I’m likely in it for the long haul. Besides, it all collapses without me, and I’m not so selfish as to do that to the Narc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

 

I don’t enjoy the season much anymore. Why? There is less trash talk, less discussion of moves, less ball kicking, less of everything really, I don’t for sure who any of the owners are in my division anymore after 10 years of Pat, Gary, and Ed....

 

as the new Commissioner, I promise you more of everything! 

I'm not going to bother fixing the Cancer or building a Wall.  Instead, my focus will be on increasing owner involvement, and it will start with me.  Yes, I AM your Big Toe.

Throughout the season all Trades, Adds/Drops, Weekly Matchups, Starting Lineups, and a couple of your Mothers will all be scrutinized and commented upon.  Good or Bad, my goal is to get everyone to participate in creating an active DNDL that everyone will enjoy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

I’m fine with the roster related effort being given. When I say “uninvolved”, I am speaking in terms of posting on this board, communicating, etc. The things that make the day to day fun.

I still enjoy the draft and looking for trades. But I f I had the option, we’d draft and make trades, then quickly simulate the season to see how things worked out, and immediately have the next draft and make trades again. 

I don’t enjoy the season much anymore. Why? There is less trash talk, less discussion of moves, less ball kicking, less of everything really, I don’t for sure who any of the owners are in my division anymore after 10 years of Pat, Gary, and Ed....

But we all know I’m too competitive to leave. Watching someone else run the most glorious franchise in history would be like watching someone not as good looking as I am bang my wife. So even if I’m pissed about Ed (if he really ~’s) and Mobb and Pat and someone else leaving whose name I can’t remember, I’m likely in it for the long haul. Besides, it all collapses without me, and I’m not so selfish as to do that to the Narc. 

 

I think you are just afraid to mention me by name because you fear me. You are already building up your excuse to leave the league when i start the beatdown on you in 3-4 years.

 

Although to echo your sentiment, the only reason I joined this league is because it is mostly active geeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

 

I think you are just afraid to mention me by name because you fear me. You are already building up your excuse to leave the league when i start the beatdown on you in 3-4 years.

 

Although to echo your sentiment, the only reason I joined this league is because it is mostly active geeks.

Hey, I want rivals. I hope you do kick my ass at some point. It'll engage me a bit more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Hey, I want rivals. I hope you do kick my ass at some point. It'll engage me a bit more.

I beat your ass like it's rented all the time.  Where's my love? 😘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 8:58 PM, cbfalcon said:

and with a few of the owners here being very uninvolved in terms of posting and presence....

 

I enjoy this group of people, but as i am in my daily life, I prefer to minimize drama in my world.  A little chit talking here and there...fine.  I want to have fun.  I will let the rest of you swing at each other as you all have the history.  I will add opinions and potential solutions as they arise, but there is a decent percentage of people here who are very status quo. So, I will roll with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I enjoy this group of people, but as i am in my daily life, I prefer to minimize drama in my world.  A little chit talking here and there...fine.  I want to have fun.  I will let the rest of you swing at each other as you all have the history.  I will add opinions and potential solutions as they arise, but there is a decent percentage of people here who are very status quo. So, I will roll with that.

Friendly banter, suggestions, opinions, and most any other communications are great!  really it just livens up the league and makes it so much more engaging for everyone.  I have been in leagues where there is no communication whatsoever...and they are boring as hell.

And also........I was born in the Arm Wrestling Capital of the World, Petaluma!

  💪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gypsybrat said:

Friendly banter, suggestions, opinions, and most any other communications are great!  really it just livens up the league and makes it so much more engaging for everyone.  I have been in leagues where there is no communication whatsoever...and they are boring as hell.

And also........I was born in the Arm Wrestling Capital of the World, Petaluma!

  💪

Next time you make it over, let me know.

 

..... <_< @cbfalcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mmmmm...beer said:

I beat your ass like it's rented all the time.  Where's my love? 😘

The last time you talked trash like this, I beat you by about 100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

The last time you talked trash like this, I beat you by about 100

Lies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just pm'd ed 

Quote

Need to know, bro. 
Are you gonna unquit (I hope) or are you really done? 
 

I sent big dog a link to eds team last night and the focker is grinding at the bit wanting to put some trade offers out there. fwiw
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Lies!

I doubt it. 
You had the highest scoring team last year, but in pressure situations you seemed to fold like a garage sale lawn chair :D

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am  ready to offer late round draft picks for the likes of Mahones, Gurley OBJ etc.  Just waiting for the trigger to be pulled.

MTS, did what I told you help your daughter?  I am ancient, I can't remember but I hope so......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

So I just pm'd ed 

I sent big dog a link to eds team last night and the focker is grinding at the bit wanting to put some trade offers out there. fwiw
 

Ed pmed me back last night saying that he really is done this time. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

 

Ed pmed me back last night saying that he really is done this time. 
 

It's like when Lionel left The Commodores 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kutulu said:

It's like when Lionel left The Commodores 

I wasn't around for that one. 
I equate it to more of like when Boy George left Culture Club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

I wasn't around for that one. 
I equate it to more of like when Boy George left Culture Club

Always the ghey reference.  Never gets old (to you).  By the way, how long did you cry when that happened?

Tell your fagotty room-ate (sp intentional) to send me a link if Ed is really done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Let Da Big Dog Eat said:

Always the ghey reference.  Never gets old (to you).  By the way, how long did you cry when that happened?

Tell your fagotty room-ate (sp intentional) to send me a link if Ed is really done.

Here you go, dude https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/versus-compendium/images/3/39/Link_ALTTP.png/revision/latest?cb=20180926100609

 

 

See...this is funny cause he's really old

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 10:39 PM, Let Da Big Dog Eat said:

I am  ready to offer late round draft picks for the likes of Mahones, Gurley OBJ etc.  Just waiting for the trigger to be pulled.

MTS, did what I told you help your daughter?  I am ancient, I can't remember but I hope so......

 

I am sorry, I do not remember what you stated. My daughter is only 4 years old and has only had eczema for 3 years. You posted this about a decade ago?

I was just stating what i remember about you and why it stands out.

 

Any non-steroidal tips would be great though, or i can probably search your previous posts. The steroidal creme(my wife knows what type) helps as long as she does not eat an allergen, however if she eats eggs, then nothing we have tried helps.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

 

I am sorry, I do not remember what you stated. My daughter is only 4 years old and has only had eczema for 3 years. You posted this about a decade ago?

I was just stating what i remember about you and why it stands out.

 

Any non-steroidal tips would be great though, or i can probably search your previous posts. The steroidal creme(my wife knows what type) helps as long as she does not eat an allergen, however if she eats eggs, then nothing we have tried helps.

Funny, I guess I must have tried to help you with this 7 years before your daughter was born.  Guess that makes me a deity of some sort because I saw it coming.  About right.  

Vitamin E cream from Family Dollar.  It's magic.  Resist the urge to worship me.  Just lose to me.  Oh, wait, that won't take any effort at all. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

You sent me a link to some child wearing a skirt, knee high boots and holding a sword.  Please separate you sex fantasy life from your FF life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vuduchile said:

This league sucks already

Much like your mom :wub:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, vuduchile said:

This league sucks already

..... like a vuduchile on a dong cake.

 

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×